Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once a Sheep Always a Sheep, or Salvation Deficit Disorder?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once a Sheep Always a Sheep, or Salvation Deficit Disorder?

I like the added doctrinal statement which clearly says that once we are truly saved, we cannot lose our salvation.

However, there are STILL articles on RR that CLEARLY say you WILL lose your salvation if you choose to walk away or sin urepentant.

WHy the contradiction?

:zipit
    Yes
    82.07%
    No
    17.93%

By 'RR' are you referring to the messageboard, or to raptureready.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
      By 'RR' are you referring to the messageboard, or to raptureready.com?

I am saying that the message board has a great OSAS doctrinal stmt, but the website raptureready.com has articles saying OSAS is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternally View Post
        I am saying that the message board has a great OSAS doctrinal stmt, but the website raptureready.com has articles saying OSAS is not true.
        i saw that just today too...
        it is sorta confusing.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the article in question? Not that I think I can speak for whoever wrote the article, but now you have my curiosity up.

Comment

Maybe the one posting the articles is OSNAS

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Under Salvation Issues

Eternal Security Debate

So, the Message board proclaims Eternal Security, but the articles can say it isn't true on RaptureReady?

Comment

If members see postings that they have questions/concerns over, please use the "!" Report a Post button, it helps mods address your concerns more quickly and helps us keep a handle on the board. With such a large community it is hard for us to read every post so your help is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady View Post
                  If members see postings that they have questions/concerns over, please use the "!" Report a Post button, it helps mods address your concerns more quickly and helps us keep a handle on the board. With such a large community it is hard for us to read every post so your help is much appreciated.

These aren't posts on the message board. These are articles on the rapture ready website.

Comment

That may be something that Todd has to handle, being as he owns the overall site.

Comment

Terry and I have come up general agreement between each other.

"If you're living like the devil, you was never saved in the first place."

I was going to pull the pages because we didn't want to get into an endless debate that didn't changed anything. I'm going to do that so there is no conflict between the board and the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        Terry and I have come up general agreement between each other.

"If you're living like the devil, you was never saved in the first place."

I was going to pull the pages because we didn't want to get into an endless debate that didn't changed anything. I'm going to do that so there is no conflict between the board and the site.
                        Thank you Todd for responding. I am definitely OSAS, but do feel that there are false converts out there that think they are saved.

Just MHO.

Comment

once saved always saved?

I am asking because I am not able to find defining scripture that goes either way on this. Most of the verses I find have the word "if" in them. On my wed night bible study we have been going through John 15:6, and digging into it's meaning.

John 15:6 (New King James Version)

6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

I would like to hear from both sides of the discussion we can or cannot loose our salvation. I will try to play devils advocate from both points of view. I am hoping that someone has the answers I am looking for. I am honestly seeking the truth, so please don't think I am trying to put a stumbling block in front of anyone, just feeling convicted to find out about this.

Hope this makes sense to someone other than me

Comment

Originally posted by mistertwisty View Post
                            I am asking because I am not able to find defining scripture that goes either way on this. Most of the verses I find have the word "if" in them. On my wed night bible study we have been going through John 15:6, and digging into it's meaning.

John 15:6 (New King James Version)

6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

I would like to hear from both sides of the discussion we can or cannot loose our salvation. I will try to play devils advocate from both points of view. I am hoping that someone has the answers I am looking for. I am honestly seeking the truth, so please don't think I am trying to put a stumbling block in front of anyone, just feeling convicted to find out about this.

Hope this makes sense to someone other than me
                            Once saved always saved is a clear cut fact. It is undeniable. Those who believe otherwise are mistaken.

There are many verses when taken out of the immediate context and/or when taken out of the larger context would seem to indicate that one can lose their salvation. However that is not possible and all of those verse when taken in context can be understood.

The verse that you quote is one of the more difficult ones.

You were rather vague about what it is that you are looking for. Responding to these type of questions properly can be very time consuming. And the fact is that most people who start these threads already have their mind made up with regards to the doctrine and responding to them in detail winds up being a waste of time.

So could you be more specific about where you stand on the doctrine and what it is that you are looking for?

-

Comment

where I stand is basically teetering between the two views. I find good arguments for both cases. I think the word "if" as I stated is the one that gives me the most trouble. Like I said before, this is a sincere attemp to figure this out, and I promise I am not just "looking for an argument". I will however put anyone through the paces on the issue, that's because I want to be real sure that scripture backs it up. I don't intend for this to degenerate into a predestination thread, but somehow freewill has to be taken into consideration.

You state that it is an undeniable fact, what scripture do you use to back that view? (in context of course)

Yes I know it is a difficult verse, in fact that is exactly the reason our pastor chose it. I have spent 6 weeks looking at context and relative scripture, and I am still not able to make up my mind on what this says.

Comment

Working...
                              X