Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Once a Sheep Always a Sheep, or Salvation Deficit Disorder?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing one's salvation?

I don't believe we can lose our salvation but would like to share some Scripture that I read online where it is said we can...

If anyone would like to chime in with the interpretation it would be appreciated!

http://robertwells.tripod.com/salvation.html

YOU CAN'T LOSE YOUR SALVATION OR HAVE IT TAKEN AWAY, BUT.......
    When you were saved you turned to God. Turning to God means the you have committed your life to trusting and obeying God. In John 1:6-7 it says, "If we claim to have fellowship with Him, yet we walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, then we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son, purifies us from all sin."

According to this text, "If we walk in the darkness, then we do not live by the truth." If our heart is not repentant when we sin, if our attitude is one of disobedience to the Laws and Commandments of God, if we turn away from God, if we live a life of sin, if we decide the effort to lead a Godly life is not worth it, if the actions of our lives indicate that we no longer desire to be one of God's children, then we don't lose our salvation, and salvation isn't taken from us, but we through our own free will, take our salvation and give it back to God voluntarily. We tell God we don't want it. We give it up!!!

If you could not give up your salvation voluntarily, then once you become saved you could then go ahead and do whatever you wish. You could steal, murder, cheat, lie, never pray, reject the scriptures, lead others astray, blaspheme God from morning to night - do anything that is sinful, rebellious, and against the laws of God. And you could do all this without the slightest bit of confession or repentance.

In other words you can not walk in the darkness unrepentant and still hold onto your salvation. You are the one who decides whether to walk in the light or the darkness. God gave you the free will to make your own choices. If you decide to walk in the darkness then your salvation will not be taken away from you, nor will you lose your salvation. No, what you will do is give up your salvation, You will be telling God that your salvation "is not worth the effort it takes to walk in the light". That you do not wish to have his gift of eternal salvation. Your own free will determines whether you are going to keep your salvation or give it up. God allows your eternal future to be in your own hands.

If this was not so, then think of all the people who were saved during the early years of their lives, but became harden and unrepentant sinners as they got older. Their entrance into heaven with their hearts in that condition, would allow God haters and God rejecters, with hearts full of hate and disrespect, to come right into the very home and presence of God himself.

John 15:1-2 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit".

John 15:6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned".

1 Corinthians 10:12 "Therefore let him who thinks he is standing, beware, that he does not fall".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Losing Salvation

Many passages in the Bible show that eternal salvation and eternal life are based upon remaining in Christ. It is entirely possible for a Christian to leave the security and safety of the Lord and begin to fall away, and thus put their future salvation into terrible jeopardy. I have listed just seven verses that are very good examples of being able to give up your eternal salvation.
    2 Chronicles 15:2 "If you search for him, he will let himself be found by you; but if you leave him, he will leave you".

Romans 8:13 "For if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live".

1 John 2:4-6 "The one who says, "I have come to know Him", and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked".

1 Timothy 4:1 "The Spirit says clearly that some people will abandon the faith in later times; they will obey lying spirits and follow the teachings of demons".

2 Timothy 2:12 "If we endure, we shall also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us".

John 6:66-68 "As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew, and were not walking with Him anymore. Jesus said therefore to the twelve, "You do not want to go away also, do you?" Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? It is You who has the words of eternal life".

John 15:4-6 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you, unless you abide in Me. "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me, and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch, and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned".

As you can see there are a great many verses in the Bible that refer to the believer being able to voluntarily walk away from the Lord, to take up once again that sinful life, and become unsaved. However I think the verse that hits home the hardest is the following.
    1 Chronicles 28:9 "If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you leave Him, He will cast you off forever".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WARNINGS AGAINST FALLING

God considers these matters so important to our well being that He has given repeated warnings that it is possible to fall from grace. It would certainly be wise to heed these warnings as we seek to avoid the consequences of falling away. One good example is the parable of the sower in which Jesus illustrates the possibility of being saved from sin and then, returning to sin and being lost. Note especially the seed that falls on the rocky soil in verse 13.
    Luke 8:4-15
    8:4 And when a great multitude were coming together, and those from the various cities were journeying to Him, He spoke by way of a parable:
    8:5 "The sower went out to sow his seeds; and as he sowed, some fell beside the road; and it was trampled under foot, and the birds of the air ate it up.
    8:6 "And other seeds fell on rocky soil, and as soon as it grew up, it withered away, because it had no moisture.
    8:7 "And other seeds fell among the thorns; and the thorns grew up with it, and choked it out.
    8:8 "And other seeds fell into the good soil, and grew up, and produced a crop a hundred times as great." As He said these things, He would call out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."
    8:9 And His disciples began questioning Him as to what this parable might be.
    8:10 And He said, "To you it has been granted to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is in parables."
    8:11 "Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God.
    8:12 "And those beside the road are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they may not believe and be saved.
    8:13 "And those on the rocky soil are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; but these have no firm root; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away.
    8:14 "And the seeds which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to maturity.
    8:15 "And the seeds in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance
    Last edited by Steve53; August 6th, 2017, 09:29 PM. Reason: Link provided...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
      I don't believe we can lose our salvation but would like to share some Scripture that I read online where it is said we can...

If anyone would like to chime in with the interpretation it would be appreciated!
      The interpretation Mr. Wells has postulated is inherently flawed mostly because he flat out ignored John 6:39 and the host of other verses he uses to support his conclusions are almost universally devoid of their proper context. Seems he's practicing eisegesis instead of exegesis....
      sigpic
      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
        The interpretation Mr. Wells has postulated is inherently flawed mostly because he flat out ignored John 6:39 and the host of other verses he uses to support his conclusions are almost universally devoid of their proper context. Seems he's practicing eisegesis instead of exegesis....

Thanks brother Steve, I couldn't agree more. I find myself struggling at times when I run into stuff like this. Just not as sharp as I used to be.

Comment

• I would hope people could be rational with some of these things.

We are all flawed. What if you are driving home and fighting the devil and you have a moment where you are just not 100% sure about your salvation?

Then you get killed?

Are you going to hell?

It's all Jesus or it's not.
          Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Working...
          X