Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

On Going Forgiveness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Going Forgiveness

On Going Forgiveness

Mat 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
    Mat 18:22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Have you ever read these verses and said to yourself, who can do what Jesus states and forgive someone seventy times seven times, which means continually. I use to think the answer was no one! Like Peter I could imagine forgiving someone for something they did to me possibly up to seven times, but certainly not much more than that! I thought that someone should feel lucky if I forgive them even one time! Well I have recently come to a new understanding of what Jesus was saying and why he said it.

First letís think about why it is so hard to forgive someone. I believe the main reason is they have done something or acted in some way to you that you believe you would never do to someone. So letís ask the question, are you perfect? If you said yes, you have a real problem! If you said no, then you have just stated that you make mistakes. If you make mistakes, then those mistakes will on certain occasions hurt someone. So this means you yourself hurt people. With this in mind, wouldnít you want someone to forgive you for the hurt you will definitely cause due to the simple fact that you are not perfect?

Hopefully you see that you need forgiveness. You may now say, well I donít purposefully do very hurtful things. Most of the time it does not matter to the receiver if the hurt was purposeful or not. It also does not matter whether it is very hurtful or not, it still requires forgiveness. The thing is that most of us donít think of small things as being hurtful and requiring forgiveness. I bet there are a lot of things you currently forgive people for on a daily basis, but donít consider it to be forgiveness. If someone tries to get ahead of you in line and you just say ďOh wellĒ, thatís forgiveness. If someone you know does not wave back at you and you say ďOh well, maybe they did no see meĒ, thatís forgiveness.

So let me state the following. Everyone including you requires forgiveness on a daily basis. Forgiveness is not just for past hurts, but for current ongoing hurts. Forgiveness is not just for major issues, but it includes very small issues. So if you think of forgiveness this way you can see how Jesus would state that you should never stop forgiving people. Since we are all imperfect, if it were not for forgiveness we could not sustain a relationship with anyone!

Goodboy

Working...
X