Statement on Social Justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement on Social Justice

I found a website where people can sign their name to agree with some Christian statements; these statements appear to be getting back to the Biblical foundations of Christianity. I read through them and the statements appear solid. But I would like the opinions of you all, please. Would you sign?

https://statementonsocialjustice.com/

"Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

This has created a great uproar...John McArthur who appeared to have stayed on the sidelines on the social justice issue recently stepped on to this battlefield and has had some great posts/sermons/commentaries on this issue.

Comment

I could agree with most of the statements. I don't plan to sign any of them because, while I agree with most, I don't understand the purpose behind the thing and generally don't involve myself in such things. The third statement is one that I couldn't throw myself behind. Mostly just the way it is worded, but the last part left a lot of room to be interpreted in a myriad of ways.

I went to their resources page hoping to find the Bible listed, but it wasn't there. I didn't like that they had the "original signers" with their fancy titles separated from everyone else... that rubbed me the wrong way but isn't a big deal, I guess.

There is a lot of good stuff there so aside from III I don't think there would be any harm in signing if a person wanted to.

I was pleased to read so many points that I believe to be true that contrasted with the direction in which the world is being pushed.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I have read the entire statement, discussed it with my pastor (who is now doing a series on it Wednesday evenings ~ backing up each of the statements with scripture!). I signed it last Monday ~ at that time it had 7,400 signatures. The reasoning is "taking a stand". As Christians we either "affirm" or "deny" the current culture's definition of "social justice"!! Just as when I started an account on FB ~ I did it for the distinct purpose of giving the world enough "evidence" to "convict" me of being a Christian! My "citizenship" is in Heaven, and God and His Word come before anything else. Many "denominations" and "non-denominational" churches have wavered on basing their beliefs on the Bible. I want the world to know ~ I DO !!!
        1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

Comment

Working...
        X