Announcement

Collapse

Time to Move to Rapture Forums

Brothers and Sisters,

Rapture Ready's Bulletin Board is no longer maintained. Members have been moving to Rapture Forum's Bulletin Board https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/ Apparently unrepairable bugs in our software after a needed upgrade led to the decision to close Rapture Ready and to encourage members to continue fellowship at Rapture Forums. You'll find an active and vibrant Bulletin Board at Rapture Forums. See you there!
See more
See less

Statement on Social Justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statement on Social Justice

I found a website where people can sign their name to agree with some Christian statements; these statements appear to be getting back to the Biblical foundations of Christianity. I read through them and the statements appear solid. But I would like the opinions of you all, please. Would you sign?

https://statementonsocialjustice.com/

"Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

This has created a great uproar...John McArthur who appeared to have stayed on the sidelines on the social justice issue recently stepped on to this battlefield and has had some great posts/sermons/commentaries on this issue.

Comment

I could agree with most of the statements. I don't plan to sign any of them because, while I agree with most, I don't understand the purpose behind the thing and generally don't involve myself in such things. The third statement is one that I couldn't throw myself behind. Mostly just the way it is worded, but the last part left a lot of room to be interpreted in a myriad of ways.

I went to their resources page hoping to find the Bible listed, but it wasn't there. I didn't like that they had the "original signers" with their fancy titles separated from everyone else... that rubbed me the wrong way but isn't a big deal, I guess.

There is a lot of good stuff there so aside from III I don't think there would be any harm in signing if a person wanted to.

I was pleased to read so many points that I believe to be true that contrasted with the direction in which the world is being pushed.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I have read the entire statement, discussed it with my pastor (who is now doing a series on it Wednesday evenings ~ backing up each of the statements with scripture!). I signed it last Monday ~ at that time it had 7,400 signatures. The reasoning is "taking a stand". As Christians we either "affirm" or "deny" the current culture's definition of "social justice"!! Just as when I started an account on FB ~ I did it for the distinct purpose of giving the world enough "evidence" to "convict" me of being a Christian! My "citizenship" is in Heaven, and God and His Word come before anything else. Many "denominations" and "non-denominational" churches have wavered on basing their beliefs on the Bible. I want the world to know ~ I DO !!!
        1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

Comment

Working...
        X