People amaze me..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People amaze me..........

and, not always in a good way! DD and I had our bible study ladies over for a movie night at our house this evening. It was a social event, as our bible study ended a couple of weeks ago and we won't be starting a new one until fall. If you know me from my posts, you know that I am watching for Jesus to come at any time............so, I'm not sure we will even be here in the fall. Well, today, our president backed out of the nuclear deal with Iran, and anything could happen at this point. Especially prophetical stuff. Not one of these six ladies here tonight even had a clue what our president had done, nor the repercussions that could happen in the middle east because of it. I mean, they are clueless! They had a blank look on their faces when I briefly mentioned it. I am SO THANKFUL that I can come here and watch everything unfold with you folks!!! Most of the world, Christians and churches included, are clueless. The next few days and weeks and months are going to be very interesting, and exciting, I believe.......... I hope we will be sharing with each other here as it all unfolds.

"As it was......"

Comment

I know what you mean Kathy. Lately I've mentioned to many other Christians the happenings in the world, and I say that it might not matter if our house gets renovated because Jesus may call us home to heaven first.
      They pretty much just look at me like I'm crazy.

Comment

Yeah... I know those looks, too.

Comment

I don't see how people can be so oblivious to what is going on around them. I will listen to various prophecy updates from the likes of JD Farag and Amir. Things are happening so fast lately, that if the update is a few days old, I consider it to be out of date.
          And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
          Romans 11:6

Comment

Originally posted by kathymendel View Post
            and, not always in a good way! DD and I had our bible study ladies over for a movie night at our house this evening. It was a social event, as our bible study ended a couple of weeks ago and we won't be starting a new one until fall. If you know me from my posts, you know that I am watching for Jesus to come at any time............so, I'm not sure we will even be here in the fall. Well, today, our president backed out of the nuclear deal with Iran, and anything could happen at this point. Especially prophetical stuff. Not one of these six ladies here tonight even had a clue what our president had done, nor the repercussions that could happen in the middle east because of it. I mean, they are clueless! They had a blank look on their faces when I briefly mentioned it. I am SO THANKFUL that I can come here and watch everything unfold with you folks!!! Most of the world, Christians and churches included, are clueless. The next few days and weeks and months are going to be very interesting, and exciting, I believe.......... I hope we will be sharing with each other here as it all unfolds.
            Hi Kathy,

Nice to meet you.

Regarding the "clueless" ladies in your Bible Study could you not loving introduce them to Bible Prophecy so they will not be caught unawares with all that is going on.

I know there are lots of teachers and pastors who do not teach on the topic of Prophecy but we are to study the "whole" council of God, meaning "all" that is in His Word. If you are on FB or just online you might look up Andy Woods, Pastor of Sugarland Bible Church who is a very solid teacher that teaches on the whole council/Book of the Bible. Also as mentioned JD Farag and Amir Tsarfati are very good at teaching on Prophecy.

Maybe you and your husband are the only ones who they will hear about Prophecy from.

Blessings on you and yours,

Ann
            Psa 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

2Ti 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Too Blessed to be depressed!!!!

Comment

I have been trying to bring up the fact that Jesus' return for us could be very soon................ they all seem to be so busy running around doing things, that they just don't have the time or inclination to discuss it, let along study it. They certainly don't want to talk about it. It's just frustrating, considering the times we live in today. I have mentioned Amir and JD Farag and our Rapture Ready board..............none of them are interested in even looking into any of them. No, I don't think there is much more I can do........... the old saying< "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" type thing. As a widow, I care about other women, and hate to see them get so involved in running around doing, or just studying books that women write, that they never take time to sit at Jesus' feet, and to learn what He had to say about the last days we now find ourselves living in.

Comment

I totally get the crazy look as well...........oh here she goes again.
                Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

Yeah.... I guess Noah had to endure the same looks, don't you think????

Comment

Yes, even believers have different reactions toward Bible prophecy. A friend of mine was asked by a believing friend to stop talking about it, as it filled her with fear for her unsaved children. Others simply glaze over if it's brought up. Still others can't get enough! I'm in the last category!

Comment

I get it. We could be very close, and many (even believers) are unaware.

I attribute it to:

1. Folks are self-centered. It’s our nature. Only things that immediately affect our world garner attention.

2. For centuries, Christians have heralded Christ’s “soon” return. It hasn’t happened. So people are desensitized. Hence the apathy.

3. But oh, my. It looks like we’re really close. And it’s difficult for us to watch others we care about be so non-chalant this about something so earth-shattering.
                      Diane
                      Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

People outright laugh at my husband when he talks about the mark of the beast.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                        I get my Bibles here

Comment

It is so ironic. People missing the signs or scoffing at them is... yet another sign!

Comment

My daughter and I were talking about this very thing this last week. She said “mama, I know you don’t think I listen but I do and I want to know why people Christians especially aren’t living like they are supposed to? Jesus is coming back soon and we get to go home and nobody is excited”

i was driving when when she asked me this. Took everything within me not to drop my jaw while driving. She’s only 13. I simply told her because most of those people don’t stop to hear God, watch the news read their bible and they choose to bury their head in the sand. I told her I wish I could do something but I’m doing all I can do. Pay attention and sound the alarm.

I had a lady come into work about a month or 2 ago now and she was older then I was. She had no clue what was going on nor anything about bible prophecy. I don’t really talk religion or politics as a server but she did seem genuinely interested. Although she hasn’t been back to see me (she wanted to know more) I pray for her and that she is looking into the things I’ve told her.

Comment

What a blessing. Good for her.

In one sense, people are doing exactly what they are expected to do. Which is becoming more evil as we approach the end.

I watched JD Farag's June 3rd video titled "Distraction, Deception, then Destruction". Without anything tangible thing to point toward, I've been afraid to say what he proclaimed, "I think we're already seeing this deception."

"The deception that will cause people to believe the lie." He makes a good point that Antichrist is not just opposed to Christ, but also 'in place of'.

While it also has positive uses, I just see the whole social media thing as the huge distraction. It can be like a drug. The promised result is actually the posion. We get content tailored to our wants and interests. Soon people start thinking that everybody seems to think as they do. Some smart people those people are! The real world and the ever increasingly submersive virtual world start to blur together. Lacking any real Discernment, it is a hopeless cause.

So the distraction has already created the deception IMO. We know the destruction is coming.

One of the surprising results of the global interconnectivity is how a social mob opinion can so easily take over a huge corporation or government entity and change their policy almost overnight. Cause them to reverse course. How such supposedly powerful entities seem to shake in their boots about public opinion. Mostly it is avoiding financially punative boycotts. Business is business!

Individuals seem as desperate in craving Likes.

Such pliability and lemming-like behavior seems essential in order for someone to rapidly assume global power at some point. Its like a spiritual zombie apocalypse. We're talking to dead people most of the time. Unless the Spirit quicken their hearts then it is mostly pointless. But we continue on because it is our charge and sometimes things do work out.

I use to wonder how this deception might come about? Would God at some point just say the Word and then people would make an abrupt change in their thinking? Or might it creep into the mind, little by little, as is so often the case?

They're 're-old-ing' their minds daily. They see no need to change (unlike even the self-aware rebellous unrepentant wayward Believer), but in fact see a need to correct us!

Share as the Spirit leads, but I would not risk my livelihood for prophecy. For those who diligently seek, the information is readily available. Maybe it is God's mercy to let some be blindsided by it? If their salvation is intact then their only tangible loss would be a crown in Heaven for not remaining watchful? Maybe their evangelistic zeal is less than otherwise as well??

There is just a sense to me of walking amongst the masses of people who are utterly unaware of the impending catastrophic events. There is a very strong sense of isolation at times. (I am a literal recluse so this does not help. It is actually a familiar sense for me. Just it is now of 'Biblical proportions'.)

Almost like anticipatory survivor's guilt or something? I really feel more and more like a sojourner in a foreign land all the time. A land where I am increasingly unwelcome. It is really weird at times. But these are very unusual times.

I think that this is just supposed to be the case? If we are becoming more like Jesus and the World is becoming less like Jesus then the differences and friction will increase. Yet not going along gets your branded as a kook and even a troublemaker. Socially tarnished at the minimum. We are increasingly the lepers of this world. It is unpleasant to consider the future at times knowing that this will remain constant. It is the course laid before us. Looks like a bumpy ride.

We can be confident of achieving the ultimate Destination. But, wow, between here and There things do look sketchy. This then means we are further into the book of Revelation. Which can be a bit unsettling, but it then also means we ARE that much closer to Home. This has to also be the undeniable reality as we see these things unfold. Or we are giving into negativity and fear. Deceiving ourselves.

More Trouble = Less Time

My heart especially goes out to such a young person navigating in this generation. "May the Lord protect her always."

Blessings.

Comment

Working...
                              X