I'll just put this here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll just put this here.

Most of the people I know always has a reason why they don't want the Lord to come. Some want God to stay away so they can live out their lives so on... But me... I long deeply for Jesus to come like a thief and steel me away. Everyone who wants to see the Lord come has a reason. When it comes to me personally, I long to be with the Lord and be released from my loneliness and depression. The last few days have been really difficult for me. Everyone is so busy and stuck on their lives. No one ever seems to go out of their way for someone else. Often I do this in hopes that when I need just someone to talk to, I'll have someone there. (I know that's wrong thinking, but that's where I was) I'm finding that it doesn't come around the way I hoped it would be. In a way, it's been a blessing because it has brought me closer to Jesus. I know that he is the one who sees me. My El Elyon. But inside I hurt so badly because I feel isolated and alone. I love the Holy Spirit and I know He's there, but it's not quite the same as having someone you can touch and see with your eyes. Most of my friends are either living sinful lives and are repelled by me or they are too busy to even say hello. Love really has grown cold. This world seems freezing to me like in the day after tomorrow. No one is friendly unless they want something. I'm sorry for dumping all this here. But really I have no one. I hold on to the hope that the time really is as near as it feels. I really need a godly friend.

I know what you mean Yrrek, at least I think I do in one aspect. I sometimes just text one inspiring verse to many of my family and friends one at a time (about a dozen), just to let them know I am thinking about them. I still send old-fashioned Christmas cards. I send emails sometimes, trying to get a group to go evangelizing. All this work for others, but how much do i get in return? Many of these folks don't reach out to me like I do to them. Some still send cards, but it is rare for me to get text messages out of the blue from friends. I try not to think of it like that, I try to just reach out and be a blessing, and not count who has and who has not responded. Like you said, God knows.

I think it has a lot to do with our society. So many are on facebook and other social media (I'm not), that to get attention, I probably should be on facebook. Perhaps that is why I am not remembered or included, because I am not active on facebook; perhaps that is like I don't exist in a way.

Also, in our society, many things that used to be done are not anymore. Past generations used to keep track of birthdays and sent birthday cards to extended family. Life had a slower pace, and thus more time to be friendly.

I think that is why I keep coming to this forum, because I so often feel the same or see the times from the same perspective as other believers here. Plus, folks here are genuinely friendly.
    "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
    always abounding in the work of the Lord;
    knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

My heart goes out to you, Yrrek. I understand your feelings..........to perhaps a bit lesser degree. I have been a believer for over 64 years..........when i was younger, I wanted to live my life span and raise my children to adulthood, and enjoy grandchildren. I wasn't ready for the Lord to come. It was about 19 years ago that I found the RR forum........the more I read and learned, the more I longed for Jesus to come back for all of us. I've been watching expectantly since Y2K.

Almost three years ago, my beloved husband died of cancer. From the day after his funeral service, most of our friends and family have scattered, like roaches do when the kitchen light is turned on during the night. Never heard from again......... even children don't bother to call and check in to see how I am doing......... or make time to visit. I am blessed, because I have a daughter who really does care, and we live happily together, taking care of each other. If not for her, I would be mostly alone. Out of all our friends, i have three couples who are still in touch.............one barely.

So i understand your loneliness and disappointment. I do believe we are standing at the entrance to heaven...........that our Lord is coming soon. One of the reasons is because men's hearts have grown so cold and uncaring. I moved an hour away from my old home, to a new area and a new church, and I am gradually making new friends here. It is hard because I am old now. Like you, I am "hanging in there" awaiting my Lord's return..........and, looking forward to seeing my dear husband, and my parents, brother, and many friends who are there before me.

Keep the faith, my dear friend. God's promises are true. And, He IS enough. I have never been as close to my Savior as I am in this present time. He is my all............and, He is enough. He will never let me down nor disappoint me. He will love me so much more than any human being here can or will. My daughter and I are awaiting the sound of the trump announcing His coming for us.............it can't be soon enough!

Kathy

Comment

I am nearing mid 60's in age, but feel young in the Lord, as I made a decision 30 years ago(salvation), but feel the last 3 years something has happened in my spirit. My roots are growing and they are getting deeper, more solid as I grow in Jesus , His word and my faith. The world is growing(waxing) cold, we all see it, the word says it will be so. But you know what, there are real believers in the body of Christ, genuine they are, He rules their hearts and lives because they want Him there, on the throne of their heart. I am blessed to be in a great group of men as we study God's word, learning to live in a fallen world, learning to live life to the fullest, with abundance that comes from Christ. Yrrek maybe a good bible teaching church and a study group /prayer group/life group is possible for you ? Not sure what your situation is logistically or even what is available in your area, and in the mean time you have all of us and there is much wisdom,knowledge , talent, prayers and listening ears and blessings here on RR at your finger tips. Will be praying for you to find exactly what God wants for your life, if you are in an isolated area maybe a move is in order, I don't know, just throwing things out there but he wants you engaged with other believers . And I feel as you, Lord I am weary and tired and just want you, want to hear the trumpet and the shout and to be headed to our real home, but in the mean time we have work to do.
        John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

You have us Kerry!

I was actually just thinking along these same lines yesterday as we were driving home from doing another day of demo on an old house we bought.
          Sometimes it's hard not to think about all the times you were there for friends (like when they moved 3 times in a year and you helped them each time,) or family, and wonder why they haven't offered any help when you could use it?? I'm struggling with those thoughts right now and I know it's not good for me to think that way, but the thoughts still come! Lol Then the next thought is, "well, I guess I'm not going to bend over backwards to help them anymore!"
          So I think it's human nature to feel that way! Our feelings get hurt when our friends and family don't seem to care.
          But each time I feel that way I know I need to cast those cares to the Lord! I know that Jesus would want me to give to others without expecting anything in return. Whether that be an actual gift or helping them out.
          There's One who never leaves us. He gives us enough strength for each day.

Depression is so, so difficult. I completely understand! I've battled it and anxiety throughout my adult life. I'm 37 now. I'll pray for you and could you pray for me as well?

I have something written on the inside cover of my Bible by Corrie Ten Boom that is always a good reminder for me:

Look around and be distressed.
          Look within and be depressed.
          Look to Jesus and be at rest.

-Nikkoal

Comment

Originally posted by Yrrek View Post
            Most of the people I know always has a reason why they don't want the Lord to come. Some want God to stay away so they can live out their lives so on... But me... I long deeply for Jesus to come like a thief and steel me away. Everyone who wants to see the Lord come has a reason. When it comes to me personally, I long to be with the Lord and be released from my loneliness and depression. The last few days have been really difficult for me. Everyone is so busy and stuck on their lives. No one ever seems to go out of their way for someone else. Often I do this in hopes that when I need just someone to talk to, I'll have someone there. (I know that's wrong thinking, but that's where I was) I'm finding that it doesn't come around the way I hoped it would be. In a way, it's been a blessing because it has brought me closer to Jesus. I know that he is the one who sees me. My El Elyon. But inside I hurt so badly because I feel isolated and alone. I love the Holy Spirit and I know He's there, but it's not quite the same as having someone you can touch and see with your eyes. Most of my friends are either living sinful lives and are repelled by me or they are too busy to even say hello. Love really has grown cold. This world seems freezing to me like in the day after tomorrow. No one is friendly unless they want something. I'm sorry for dumping all this here. But really I have no one. I hold on to the hope that the time really is as near as it feels. I really need a godly friend.
            I agree! Every year gets harder. Today, I lost my beloved Westie,Elvis. He would have been 17 in June. He followed me everywhere, he stayed by my side, rode in my kayak with me, waited at the back door for me when I had to go without him...we went all the way to Georgia to get him as a puppy. I want to go home! Lord, I know You have a purpose for me here. I really wish you would come quickly. This is a very sad day in our house today!
            "Every day I want to be in dangerous proximity to Jesus. I want a life that explodes... with faith that is gloriously treacherous." Mike Yaconelli "Dangerous Wonder"

Comment

Bethlehem57, I'm so sorry for your loss. Our pets are as dear as our family members. I pray the Lord will comfort you.
              And, I also pray His return will be so very soon for all of us. I sense we are all ready to go and be free from this fallen world. I've never seen so many things coming together at one time like it is now...........it's amazing to watch.........that point to His soon return. Hang in there with the rest of us...........

Comment

I write and speak to others all the time about the coldness of humans and our society. My wife, son, parents, and siblings are close but not on the in-law side. My small church is close too. But the city, neighborhood, shoppers, drivers, former church members, most co-workers, and so many people everywhere do seem so cold. It's very sad to see things this way and I don't recall the same experience in my small home town 40 some years ago. In the end I guess it is a burden many share and in my case it even adds to the bias and suspicion I often have about people, their motives, and us.

Comment

Every time I have to get something repaired, I hope inside that it'll be the last repair I ever have to make or pay to have repaired. I'm yearning for what comes next and anticipate the Rapture with great fondness. Every time I top off the fuel tank I hope it is the last time I'll need to do so.
                  Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Thanks guys. It just gets really lonely here. Especially because people donít want to talk about God like at all. Even Christians avoid the subject. I actually have to tone it down. I donít talk about the rapture at all accept on here because before I was shut down by believers. They donít want it to come. My family doesnít believe so any mention at all makes them annoyed. My friends donít live right and even though I never mention their sin itís like my presence makes them uncomfortable. So no one ever wants to just hang out with me. The only Christians in the same spiritual place as me are always busy mostly in ministry and their jobs. As a stay at home mom I find myself utterly isolated and alone. Although I do have a beautiful 2yr old who keeps me active. But thereís only so much conversations you can have with a toddler. Mostly explaining why wearing pants is important. There is nothing here that makes me want to stay. With no one around to be myself that I can fellowship with makes this world feel even colder. I mean... God is a big part of me... itís hard to accept that itís a problem. I talk about things without thinking and itís hard to keep it inside. It literally comes out of my mouth and I just canít control it. But I donít think God wants me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                      You have us Kerry!

I was actually just thinking along these same lines yesterday as we were driving home from doing another day of demo on an old house we bought.
                      Sometimes it's hard not to think about all the times you were there for friends (like when they moved 3 times in a year and you helped them each time,) or family, and wonder why they haven't offered any help when you could use it?? I'm struggling with those thoughts right now and I know it's not good for me to think that way, but the thoughts still come! Lol Then the next thought is, "well, I guess I'm not going to bend over backwards to help them anymore!"
                      So I think it's human nature to feel that way! Our feelings get hurt when our friends and family don't seem to care.
                      But each time I feel that way I know I need to cast those cares to the Lord! I know that Jesus would want me to give to others without expecting anything in return. Whether that be an actual gift or helping them out.
                      There's One who never leaves us. He gives us enough strength for each day.

Depression is so, so difficult. I completely understand! I've battled it and anxiety throughout my adult life. I'm 37 now. I'll pray for you and could you pray for me as well?

I have something written on the inside cover of my Bible by Corrie Ten Boom that is always a good reminder for me:

Look around and be distressed.
                      Look within and be depressed.
                      Look to Jesus and be at rest.

-Nikkoal
                      Thank you. I will pray for you. Depression truly is one of the worst things. There was a time in my life when it was so bad I attempted to take my own life. Right before I followed through I heard him inside my mind. God convinced me to trust him and thatís when I gave everything to Him. Now after a lot of trust, work and prayer I have been released from a lot of those strongholds. God saved me more ways than one, over and over again. Thatís probably why Iím considered a Jesus freak.

Comment

From one Jesus freak to another, hang in there we are with you and Jesus has our backs!
                        John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

God is good. He never gives up on us. It seems like every day the word 'endurance' keeps coming up, along with the truth that I can only endure the trials that come my way when I keep my eyes on Jesus.

Hang in there and remember that we all have times in the valley and times up on a mountain.

Comment

I say this... Whether it's wrong or people even agree.... You either get it, or you don't.... (I'll put that in the Age of Grace),
                            it's not something "explainable" to people... There has to be that hunger somewhere? at sometime....that moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Bethlehem57 View Post

I agree! Every year gets harder. Today, I lost my beloved Westie,Elvis. He would have been 17 in June. He followed me everywhere, he stayed by my side, rode in my kayak with me, waited at the back door for me when I had to go without him...we went all the way to Georgia to get him as a puppy. I want to go home! Lord, I know You have a purpose for me here. I really wish you would come quickly. This is a very sad day in our house today!
                              Believe our Life Friends will be there restored...totally!
                              the wonder of creation will all be there.... I have no doubt

Comment

Working...
                              X