"People aren't born evil"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "People aren't born evil"

I saw this phrase posted today on FB by someone who was trying to come up with solution to school massacres, or whatever other tragedies.
    They said they don't believe people are born evil and that this world is a hard place and can take a toll mentally. To summarize, the post was mainly about needing more love in the world. And who knows what would have happened if the kid would've been invested in by loved ones.
    I don't disagree with what was said about love being #1, but is this a Christian viewpoint? This person claims Christianity but I believe sin is left completely out of the picture.
    I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
    For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
    no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

We're all born with a sin nature. That's why Christ had to be our Kinsman Redeemer.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Right, Steve. So this sounds like fluff Christianity that she believed in, doesn't it to you? Like everyone would be loving if we all just loved each other? I'm not trying to judge her salvation, just trying to discern.
      I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacinth View Post
        Right, Steve. So this sounds like fluff Christianity that she believed in, doesn't it to you? Like everyone would be loving if we all just loved each other? I'm not trying to judge her salvation, just trying to discern.
        Unfortunately, for many Christians, discernment is the dullest knife in their kitchen.
        sigpic
        Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Our hearts are “deceitful.” That’s why God says to LEAD your heart (vs the worldly view of follow it). No man is good, only God is. Sounds fluffy to me. Any way you can clean up her post with some Biblical truth spoken IN love?

Comment

I think you are discerning correctly. People are rotten; no one has to teach a child to lie or disobey, it just comes natural. They sure aren't born "good". I don't reckon any amount of environmental coddling or loving can fix it, that fix has to come from knowing the Truth.

Comment

Thank you all for your wisdom

Comment

Sounds like a FakeBook meme straight from Joyce Meyer....

Comment

Here's something to consider - Joy Behar says she "gives money to her church and supports Christians" (cough, cough). This is the delusion that If you do "good" you are OK. God says we are all sinners - end of story.

Comment

This may help shed some light, David Reagan:http://www.learnthebible.org/sin-nature.html

Romans 3:10-18 10As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; 11there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. 12All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one." 13"Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit." "The poison of vipers is on their lips." 14"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness." 15"Their feet are swift to shed blood; 16ruin and misery mark their ways, 17and the way of peace they do not know." 18"There is no fear of God before their eyes."

John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Working...
                    X