Keep waking up at 2 am

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep waking up at 2 am

This has been going on for weeks. I start praying for my unsaved daughter until I fall asleep.
    Anyone else experience this?
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Yes. Eyeballs pop open, I'm wide awake and lucid, which is not normal for my waking up. I always think of 1 Samuel 3:4.

Comment

Just looked up the verse. I wish the Lord would tell me what he wants. For now I assume it's to pray for my wayward adult daughter.

Comment

That probably is it Cindy, if that's what you're feeling you should do at those times.

Comment

3:30 has been the time for me over the last few months. 😬 I usually get woken up by my husband snoring and then I can't fall back asleep.

melatonin seems to help a little. Have you tried it?

Comment

Since I retired 4 years ago I sometimes wake up several times during the night. I am trying to exercise more, and every now and then I take a Tylenol PM for a solid nights sleep. It is not unusual for me to fall back asleep in the middle of a lengthy prayer! I also have unsaved family and friends that I worry about, and I pray to Jesus about them every chance I can.

Comment

I have not tried melatonin, maybe part of it is that I go to bed too early. I'm going to try and stay up a little later tonight and see what happens.

Comment

I have tried to figure out a way to get some sleep for a long time. Nothing works. Melatonin made me feel weird,
                and no matter what time I go to bed, the result is always the same...last night I woke up at 1:30! I am so frustrated
                and feel weary much of the day.
                When I wake up at inappropriate times, I ask the Lord who He wants me to pray for, so at least I am accomplishing something good.
                I can't wait to be with Jesus!!
                sigpic
                I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy S. View Post
                  I have not tried melatonin, maybe part of it is that I go to bed too early. I'm going to try and stay up a little later tonight and see what happens.
                  Cindy, I used have the same problem, though usually awoke around 3. After I started going to bed at 11,
                  I began to sleep straight through the night. If you have ample time through the daytime hours to pray, I can't think that God is waking you to pray. He wants us to get our rest so that we can better serve Him in the daytime.
                  sigpic
                  -Lynn

Comment

Oh yes, I like Lynn's post. I think getting a good night's sleep is so important.
                    It seems that certain times of the month I struggle with getting a good night's sleep and wake up around 3:30. Gotta love hormonal problems.
                    I take Melatonin every night and sometimes I feel like I've become dependant upon it; although the "experts" say it's non habit forming. I've also tried Valerian root in the past but it left me feeling groggy in the morning.

Have you tried diffusing essential oils? Just a drop or two of Myrtle, Clove, Orange, or Roman chamomile diffusing on my nightstand helps me.
                    I'm sure you have read about other things you can do as well, like no caffeine after a certain hour, exercising throughout the day, no electronics at bedtime, and more.
                    We also sleep with a fan in our room. I'm such a light sleeper so I think I'd wake up at every noise without the fan.

I pray this ends for both you and momma D soon. It's rough not getting good sleep! I always tell my husband that I feel like I'm good for nothin the next day if I can't sleep good. I miss the days of my youth when I could sleep 8-10 hours easy!

ETA As I'm climbing into bed I've thought of one more thing. Do you clench or grind your teeth at night? This can mess with your sleep big time and can sure take a hit to your teeth as well.
                    I sleep much better with my mouth guard in at night. (Even though my husband says it's not too attractive.)
                    Last edited by Koalie; January 31st, 2018, 01:04 AM. Reason: Eta

Comment

I have found that taking magnesium helps me sleep and also helps clenching and grinding my teeth. I started taking it for tendonitis after some research and noticed it helped for all of my other ills.

Comment

Melatonin, magnesium and 5-HTP all help me. Also, I cannot read in bed and then fall asleep. My mind gets involved in what I am reading and makes immediate sleep impossible. I have found watching reruns on TV for half an hour before bed helps me to prepare---shows I have seen over and over so my mind already knows the answer so it does not have to engage too much and I start to drift off...

Comment

I have been taking magnesium supplements lately and I think they may be working. Plus I've been praying more for my wayward daughter during the day.

Comment

With if I can't sleep one cup of red wine I go out LA Minute LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy S. View Post
                              I have been taking magnesium supplements lately and I think they may be working. Plus I've been praying more for my wayward daughter during the day.
                              Excellent, Cindy. Sounds like your good plan is working!
                              sigpic
                              -Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X