X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acts5:41
    started a topic Ron and Heather update

Ron and Heather update

My antivirus was hating on RR for quite a while, but is OK now. I didn't want to uninstall everything just to post.

Ron continues to drink and is occasionally verbally abusive. He is enslaved "to drink" and it's very sad to watch. He is witnessing to all the drivers and working, which I appreciate. I have been doing my own Bible Handouts lately, though, he will offer to pay for a cab (which I appreciate).

He is in a lot of pain but not taking any narcotics. He is adamant about that. He is taking the maximum daily dose of gabapentin. His back is a mess, the back surgery didn't work, but he is still functional somehow.

We just had the 15th anniversary of the accident, which was hard for both of us. I am hanging in there. I battle some depression and "Why don't you leave him?" people, but I intend to keep my vows.

• pixelpusher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kathymendel
    replied
    Good to hear this! i'm continuing to pray for both of you..............

Leave a comment:

replied
    Things are pretty much the same, but Ron went to church last week and he is talking about going on a Bible Handout with me soon.

Leave a comment:

• pixelpusher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Things are pretty much the same. Ron can be a good example of salt and fresh water coming out of the same spring, let me tell you. One minute he's appreciative, the next - not.

I am putting my faith first and leaving him to God. I know God is working on him. Ron continues to drink.

Leave a comment:

• Sunshine
    replied

Leave a comment:

• so-blessed
    replied
    Good to know you're still around, Heather. Praying for you both.

Leave a comment:

• pixelpusher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SonOfYah
    replied
    Praying for you both

Leave a comment:

• pixelpusher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• anasazi
    replied
    Keeping both of you in prayer.

Leave a comment:

• pixelpusher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Firefly
    replied
    Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
    My antivirus was hating on RR for quite a while, but is OK now. I didn't want to uninstall everything just to post.

Ron continues to drink and is occasionally verbally abusive. He is enslaved "to drink" and it's very sad to watch. He is witnessing to all the drivers and working, which I appreciate. I have been doing my own Bible Handouts lately, though, he will offer to pay for a cab (which I appreciate).

He is in a lot of pain but not taking any narcotics. He is adamant about that. He is taking the maximum daily dose of gabapentin. His back is a mess, the back surgery didn't work, but he is still functional somehow.

We just had the 15th anniversary of the accident, which was hard for both of us. I am hanging in there. I battle some depression and "Why don't you leave him?" people, but I intend to keep my vows.
    I have missed reading your posts Acts! Sorry to hear about Ron's back. The drinking is probably a substitute for narcotics. Not a nice one, but it probably helps him deal with the pain.

You will have rewards in Heaven for sure for your faithfulness to God's calling on your life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X