Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

DNA testing???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA testing???

What do you all think about the ads continuously showing on t.v. for getting your DNA tested? They are pushing it as a way to connect with family, and kind of offering it as a Christmas gift idea. I see some very bad things coming out of this down the road, particularly with profiling from "big brother"............. do you have any thoughts on this?

I agree, do not like it, as far as a "what if" , what if your DNA shows up at a crime scene,placed there by a person who had access to your DNA to implicate you, sounds like a movie.
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Or used it for cloning purposes, is that even a possibility?
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

You've raised very legitimate points that I really hadn't thought of. My original concern was for profiling Jews, for example...... making it easier to track them down during the trib. You almost know that the government or maybe even a sinister group will find a way to have access to the information from these tests. They may even be behind making them available in an un-threatening way. I'm just not comfortable with it, and would never consider doing it.

Comment

No good can come of it. The world willing gives people all their information.

I already have tin tin foil hat ideas about aliens and fallen angels that dna seems like a bad additive.

God will Iíll know what Israelites to seal. Iím staying away from all of that.
          Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Isn't the ancestry site thing connected to the Mormon LDS thing? I know nothing about it, but don't they have like the largest genealogical database going on?

Comment

I would probably laugh if I got a gift card for Christmas that offered DNA testing! I can see how this could be used against people during the 7 year tribulation, and potentially before then as well. Think about all the conservative politicians who are getting their names smeared by accusers right now. One even took his own life! How easy would it be for your dna to fall into the wrong hands?

I will say that I'm very interested in my ancestry. On both sides I've had family members do extensive research on our ancestors who came here during the mid 1850s from Norway and Sweden. I wonder though - if I didn't know my ancestry but I had the opportunity to find out by taking a dna test ...would I do it? It would be tempting but probably not. There's 100 other things I can think of to spend money on.

Comment

Like most anything, it can be used both for good or for bad purposes.
                Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

My daughter had her DNA tested by some genealogical website. It only proved to her what she already knew. Our family's genealogy (both sides) was published in the previous generation. We already know who it was and where. But now her DNA profile is digitally on record somewhere. And the immediate family's names are linked to that record. It's all about data collection in the name of genealogical research.

The way the Government and Google store metadata, it gets a bit scary when you think about it. The fact is, advancing technology can be used to benefit us or to enslave us. I don't subscribe to obvious conspiracy theories, but given the sense of Biblical prophecy, I can only expect powerful people to use advanced technology to enslave us. And it may already be too late for this so-called mellinial generation.

Marvin

Comment

I kind of wanted to get it done after one of my sons had his DNA tested..
                    My mom was often asked if she was Jewish, so I was interested, especially when the big "A" online had it for half the regular price. I always changed my mind though...the Lord's prompting, maybe...
                    BTW, he had no Jewish ancestry in his results, but a friend's mom had Jewish in her ancestry, and she didn't.
                    I have no idea how it works...
                    sigpic
                    I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

I'm in the same camp as others. I see possible benefits. I see possible abuses. I worry about cloning, etc. I worry about international databases. From my dad, my last name goes back to Yorkshire, England for all of the males and who knows with all of the mothers along the way. It's not that important to me but I can see how it would be for many others. I tell white, black, asian, and other friends, coworkers, etc. that we are all under Adam and if you cut any of us we will all bleed humanity red. What I do find tremendously exciting and pleasing in my eternal future is Godly knowledge of all fellow saints, the deepest and purest understanding of my direct ancestry, and the Heavenly provided reunions (which for my wife and I include at least 2 unborn miscarried children that we currently have no idea of their gender, looks, etc.).

Comment

I keep reading things about how the government can subpoena the results from these DNA places for their criminal investigations. I haven't committed any crimes, but I don't like government intrusion.

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

I once gave my DNA to an autism study group. They claimed they were trying to show a connection between autism and musical ability. I wish I had not. A lot of these groups have an abortion agenda.

Comment

I am definitely not a paranoid schizophrenic or even a psychosomatic born again Bible reading end-times believing Christian. But I do have serious concerns that our government and just about any other can steal these results from computers with or without the permission of the dna or medical site. Many think anything electronic can be hacked and grabbed and I'm in that school of thought too.

Comment

I am definitely not a paranoid schizophrenic or even a psychosomatic born again Bible reading end-times believing Christian. But I do have serious concerns that our government and just about any other can steal these results from computers with or without the permission of the dna or medical site. Many think anything electronic can be hacked and grabbed and I'm in that school of thought too.

Comment

Working...
                              X