Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Developing your own faith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Developing your own faith

I've spent most of my Christian life on the coat tails of someone else's faith. Hanging on their every words to somehow find a faith as strong as theirs. I'm convicted lately I need to develop my own faith or to grow up spiritually speaking.
    can anyone relate?
    The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Faith comes by the Word of God, so if you would like for faith to develop, be in the Word, and ask the Holy Spirit for it -- I don't think it is something we can do -- or even if it needs to be "increased". The apostles asked the Lord to increase their faith, and He replied that if they had faith the size of a mustard seed they could speak to a mountain and it would up and move into the sea. I rather think faith either is or it isn't, if that makes sense.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourself, it is the gift of God, not a result of works, that none should boast" (Eph 2:8-9) Hang on God's every Word. Some preach all kinds of "spiritual things" I suppose, you should grow your own faith like a body builder grows muscles, but I wouldn't worry much about that. Stick to the pure Word and you'll be good to go. It's not "your" faith you need to develop, Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. The Holy Spirit helps us "grow up" into sanctification.

Does that help at all?

Comment

My daily morning reading is taking me through Hebrews, today was chapter 11 and a quick glance at chapter 12 looks like a continuation,it offers much on the journey of faith of God's people and what they went through, what they endured and how they clung to his promises.
      John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

I love what Pixelpusher and chaser said.

My faith began the moment I believed that Jesus died for my sins, and it's grown over the years as I've dwelt in God's Word. Also, my faith in God has grown as I've been shown mercy and grace each time I've fallen. He is always there to pick me back up and remind me through His Word that as far as the East is from the West, that's how much He's forgiven me. My faith has also grown as I've seen God answer prayers and get me through difficult times; whether it's surgeries, marital difficulties, or times of depression. He's just always shown Himself to be faithful and true.

But definitely the most important thing is to be in the Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
          Also, my faith in God has grown as I've been shown mercy and grace each time I've fallen.
          i know that's right. And seeing prayer answered, as you said. And just depending on Him day to day.

Comment

Working...
          X