This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaMontre View Post
    ...I am also aware that this is a very controversial opinion. As a Christian though, I am into those.

The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Shroud of Turin - Real or Fake?

Do you believe that the Shroud of Turin is really Jesus?
      I have been reading about it and scientists are really starting to believe that it could be....what do you think? thanks!
      sigpic

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

Originally posted by cbressler1976 View Post
        Do you believe that the Shroud of Turin is really Jesus?
        Probably not.
        The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
          Probably not.
          I was just wondering because even the athiest scientists are starting to believe it's from Jesus' time....They are saying that the carbon dating was flawed and that even if it's from him...it doesn't prove that Jesus was God... but you are probably right....Just thought it was neat that i could get an idea of what Jesus looked like..

...wishful thinking... lol..
          sigpic

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Comment

I dont think that God would allow anything like a legitimate Shroud to survive for the same reason He hid Moses' grave. It encourages a form of 'idol' worship...

Comment

Since the evidence seems to point to it being made in the right time period, I've always given it the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was real.

Comment

Thanks!! Never thought about the idol worship thing...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ZeldaCA View Post
                  Since the evidence seems to point to it being made in the right time period, I've always given it the benefit of the doubt and assumed it was real.
                  ....that's what I was thinking...
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't know what to think about it personally. I agree with Hoot that I doubt the Lord would leave something like that behind to be turned into an idol. However, the science behind all of this is pretty compelling.

Comment

http://www.shroudforum.com/
                      This is a pretty interesting web site about it...
                      sigpic

Comment

I've never really cared one way or the other. Seems people are always looking for "proof" of Jesus, but it doesn't change anything. It is the Holy Spirit who draws
                        people. Those who are drawn will be drawn, the naysayers will be naysayers. I do agree that I doubt God would leave something behind to be used as an idol.

Comment

Nope

It is romanisms many "objects of worship"...........

I stay away from anything endorsed by romanism - they have their reasons for wanting it to be "legit" - more folly IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                            I've never really cared one way or the other. Seems people are always looking for "proof" of Jesus, but it doesn't change anything. It is the Holy Spirit who draws
                            people. Those who are drawn will be drawn, the naysayers will be naysayers. I do agree that I doubt God would leave something behind to be used as an idol.
                            I wasn't looking for proof or anything like that...I just thought it was pretty neat is all...it's pretty neat that it could possibly be anyone from that time period...I think it's neat when they find mummies that are well intact...it's neat to possibly see what those people looked like...but I see exactly what u r saying......I just didn't want u to think that I am looking for "proof"....I can look at my boys or the sky or the ocean and that's all the proof that I need...
                            sigpic

Comment

The only thing Jesus promised to leave was the Comforter. The Spirit always points to Jesus. I have a feeling this piece of cloth would point away from the Lord and people would focus on "it."

It just doesn't seem in Christ's nature to leave behind this deliberate stumbling block.

Besides, Isaiah says he was marred beyond recognition. The image on the cloth shows all facial features intact -- it's very nice looking actually.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvesmaster View Post
                                The only thing Jesus promised to leave was the Comforter. The Spirit always points to Jesus. I have a feeling this piece of cloth would point away from the Lord and people would focus on "it."

It just doesn't seem in Christ's nature to leave behind this deliberate stumbling block.

Besides, Isaiah says he was marred beyond recognition. The image on the cloth shows all facial features intact -- it's very nice looking actually.
                                I never thought of that....makes a lot of sense....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X