Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Verse search

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verse search

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well and are happy,

I am trying to either find or verify a passage where the phrase ' I formed you in your mother's womb' or 'I knew you before you were born' is in but I am not sure if I am recalling correctly or perhaps I am combing a couple of scriptures in my head and getting confused.

Can anyone shed any light on this or am I just getting old and confused

Is it Jeremiah 1:5 that you're thinking of? Jeremiah's Call:

The King James version reads, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

BTW, I do that a lot too (and for many years... I think we all do, at times ), so, no, you're not "getting old and confused".

[ Gal 1:15 points back to Isa 49:1, 5 ... could any of these be what you were thinking of? ]

Comment

Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
      Is it Jeremiah 1:5 that you're thinking of? Jeremiah's Call:

The King James version reads, "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

BTW, I do that a lot too (and for many years... I think we all do, at times ), so, no, you're not "getting old and confused".
      Thanks one again!

Its very helpful, I knew I'd heard of this, but just couldn't recall the exact wording so I was not having much joy finding it on the search function.

I am debating with some guy who states its a 'fact' that there is no spirit world or heaven/hell and that is a reality!

Now I can quote this to him to show his error without making an error myself as I can now include the chapter and verse reference for him too.

Thanks again

Comment

Why is our planet so special then, smack in the Goldilocks zone? Facts take empirical, observable evidence. God's given us quite a bit of it. We're rocking a breathable atmosphere, waters, gravity, all enjoyed by a veritable explosion of very diverse life from tiny viruses to blue whales to giant sequoias, topped by mankind, not to mention amazing things like cuttlefish and platypuses to make one go Hmmm, the odds of which coming about by mutation from proto-ooze are astronomical.

Psalm 19:1
        The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
        Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
        There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Job 26:7
        He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Psalm 119:90
        Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: Thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.

Psalm 8:3-4
        When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained;
        What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him?

Romans 1:19-20
        For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
        For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

John 3:7-9 (Jesus is speaking)
        "Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’
        The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

John 4:24
        God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Hebrews 11:1
        Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:6
        But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

John 6:29
        Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent.
        Last edited by pixelpusher; August 25th, 2017, 10:53 AM. Reason: Shift key test, and adding some more

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
          Why is our planet so special then, smack in the Goldilocks zone? Facts take empirical, observable evidence. God's given us quite a bit of it. We're rocking a breathable atmosphere, waters, gravity, all enjoyed by a veritable explosion of very diverse life from tiny viruses to blue whales to giant sequoias, topped by mankind, not to mention amazing things like cuttlefish and platypuses to make one go Hmmm, the odds of which coming about by mutation from proto-ooze are astronomical.

Psalm 19:1
          The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
          Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
          There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Job 26:7
          He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Psalm 119:90
          Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: Thou hast established the earth, and it abideth.

Psalm 8:3-4
          When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained;
          What is man, that Thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that Thou visitest him?

Romans 1:19-20
          For what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
          For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

John 3:7-9 (Jesus is speaking)
          "Do not be amazed that I said, ‘You must be born again.’
          The wind blows where it wishes. You hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

“How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

John 4:24
          God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

Hebrews 11:1
          Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:6
          But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

John 6:29
          Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent.
          Absolutely!

To be fair about this fella though, he is not angry or hateful, he's just wandering through life and not paying attention to how he got here.

Strange thing is he's an outdoor man, a fisher (how co-incidental given the apostles) so he must be out there in the rivers and wilderness and seeing all that beauty, not least of all the fish that are 100% perfect in their form too. Yet he believes it all happened by accident!

Anyway, I have quoted the Jeremiah verse and also Matthew 22: 43 - 44 as well, so now I have quoted 2 points of order on the issue, one by God and the other by Jesus, clearly pointing to pre and post existence with God.

Isn't our God wonderful, that we have these scriptures to lay on these people and show them the errors of their ways!

Comment

Originally posted by TheRedeemed View Post
            Strange thing is he's an outdoor man, a fisher (how co-incidental given the apostles) so he must be out there in the rivers and wilderness and seeing all that beauty, not least of all the fish that are 100% perfect in their form too. Yet he believes it all happened by accident!
            The Lord used, on top of folks who had shared the gospel with me over the years, and the little bit of looking into the Bible I had done (but not understanding), the natural creation to convince me it was His design. And if there was a design, there had to be a Designer. That was on a sunken shrimp boat off Navarre Beach in the early 90s, I was snorkeling and marveling at the colors and order on the reef. Convinced of His existence, eventually my circumstances deteriorated in my prodigal days, and I returned home to go back to school. There I met my future bride, but do you know we could not find a church to allow us to be wed in it? Lol, none of the big, fancy well-dressed churches in town anyway. I had made up my mind to marry this girl, she agreed, and I wanted to get it done, like that week. But God had other plans... Finally a little country church answered the phone (we were still going down the list in the yellow pages, remember them? ), and said "Of course you can" and recommended a preacher. But the preacher would not do the service without six weeks of pre-marriage counseling beforehand. During which time he shared the gospel with me again, and I received Christ. All I had known was that our relationship best be founded on God, or we would likely end in the D-word like so many others in my family. But that Pastor, Will, he knew what I really needed. Praise God!

I pray He opens your friend's eyes as well, and it would be cool if He used a beautiful rainbow trout or steelie to do it.

I hope I didn't, and don't think I implied he was angry or hateful. I didn't mean to, if I came across that way. I guess I may have sounded kind of confrontational in my opening with my "Why... then".

But it is something to consider, why our planet is hospitable to life, and the rest are dead hunks of pockmarked rock. There's a message there if you ask me. The scientific answers to that take just as much faith to believe as the Biblical answers, although they are more widely accepted as fact.

And another: why all the fuss over tiny little Israel? Why in the world cannot the Mohammedans just get along with the Jewish people? One would think that natural selection or whatever would favor cooperation for mutual success. It's 2017 for goodness sakes, in this PC world you'd think they could learn to be buddies. Or, maybe Genesis is correct.

Some thoughts, fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
              The Lord used, on top of folks who had shared the gospel with me over the years, and the little bit of looking into the Bible I had done (but not understanding), the natural creation to convince me it was His design. And if there was a design, there had to be a Designer. That was on a sunken shrimp boat off Navarre Beach in the early 90s, I was snorkeling and marveling at the colors and order on the reef. Convinced of His existence, eventually my circumstances deteriorated in my prodigal days, and I returned home to go back to school. There I met my future bride, but do you know we could not find a church to allow us to be wed in it? Lol, none of the big, fancy well-dressed churches in town anyway. I had made up my mind to marry this girl, she agreed, and I wanted to get it done, like that week. But God had other plans... Finally a little country church answered the phone (we were still going down the list in the yellow pages, remember them? ), and said "Of course you can" and recommended a preacher. But the preacher would not do the service without six weeks of pre-marriage counseling beforehand. During which time he shared the gospel with me again, and I received Christ. All I had known was that our relationship best be founded on God, or we would likely end in the D-word like so many others in my family. But that Pastor, Will, he knew what I really needed. Praise God!

I pray He opens your friend's eyes as well, and it would be cool if He used a beautiful rainbow trout or steelie to do it.

I hope I didn't, and don't think I implied he was angry or hateful. I didn't mean to, if I came across that way. I guess I may have sounded kind of confrontational in my opening with my "Why... then".

But it is something to consider, why our planet is hospitable to life, and the rest are dead hunks of pockmarked rock. There's a message there if you ask me. The scientific answers to that take just as much faith to believe as the Biblical answers, although they are more widely accepted as fact.

And another: why all the fuss over tiny little Israel? Why in the world cannot the Mohammedans just get along with the Jewish people? One would think that natural selection or whatever would favor cooperation for mutual success. It's 2017 for goodness sakes, in this PC world you'd think they could learn to be buddies. Or, maybe Genesis is correct.

Some thoughts, fwiw.
              No you didn't imply he was angry, it's just me being old again!

You see acceptedInTheBeloved and I shared another thread earlier this week, and they helped me there and here also.

In the other thread I was alluding to the hateful, angry satanists and unbelievable God haters posting bile in Christian YouTube videos.

I forgot this thread was a different one! So for all you young one reading this, this is what happens when you become a fifty something

Your testimony is beautiful, and we can only hope that some of what I have posted in those YouTube vids has the same affect and result on some of them.

I find it curious as to why they deliberately seek out these videos and then spout bile and mocking of us and God after they watch it all!

They don't realise it's the great big God shaped hole in their hearts and souls that brings them there in the first place do they?!

Comment

Original Question - See Psalm 139

Originally posted by TheRedeemed View Post
                Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well and are happy,

I am trying to either find or verify a passage where the phrase ' I formed you in your mother's womb' or 'I knew you before you were born' is in but I am not sure if I am recalling correctly or perhaps I am combing a couple of scriptures in my head and getting confused.

Can anyone shed any light on this or am I just getting old and confused
                One of my favorite Psalms:

Psalm 139
                1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
                2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar.
                3 You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
                4 Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
                5 You have enclosed me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it.
                7 Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence?
                8 If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
                9 If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
                10 Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
                11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, And the light around me will be night,"
                12 Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.

13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
                14 I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
                15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
                16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
                18 If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You.
                19 O that You would slay the wicked, O God; Depart from me, therefore, men of bloodshed.
                20 For they speak against You wickedly, And Your enemies take Your name in vain.
                21 Do I not hate those who hate You, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
                22 I hate them with the utmost hatred; They have become my enemies.
                23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
                24 And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.
                John 14:6
                Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

Working...
                X