Works help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by so-blessed View Post
    This is exactly why I started this thread, to address wrong works teaching, & here it is above! Why oh why do others think they are called to be fruit inspectors & sit in judgement of anothers behaviour? Only God see the heart of man, sees the beauty of small internal things that no one but He can see. He sees the works done for Him alone, that quietly bring Him glory & none to the doer, who would have it no other way.
    Just about to do the study again, so will post a few notes. The person we are trying, with the Lord's help, to assist, has come out of the bondage that has been posted upthread & it bound & choked them. His truth, however, is a blessed assurance to us.
    I still maintain the last thing I ever want to do going into the Bema Judgement is if Jesus asks if I'm saved I go "look what I did Jesus"
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

So to address the subject fo His (not our works but His through us) a brief outline:

Gold represents Divine life : how we grow, our likeness to Christ
      Silver represents salvation: the link between the Lord & us, again how we change through that salavtion
      Precious Stones represents: beauty of His charcter within us & pillars in the church - serving other believers

Wood represents: works in the flesh, the carnal believer
      Hay represents: a boastful show off ( me, my works, what I have done for the Lord)
      Straw represents: a wasted believers life, one who was simply saved & then very little changed etc.

So it's clear, those works of gold, silver & precious stones are all the work of the Lord within us. Aside from those are the crowns we receive from Him to give back to Him, that wasn't touched on in this study. These works then are quiet, gentle, gradual changes within us. Not all these big showy things some would have us believe. That fits pertectly with His character. Hope that helps a little, I will enlarge things with some scripture references when time allows.
      For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
      Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

Originally posted by so-blessed View Post
        So to address the subject fo His (not our works but His through us) a brief outline:

Gold represents Divine life : how we grow, our likeness to Christ
        Silver represents salvation: the link between the Lord & us, again how we change through that salavtion
        Precious Stones represents: beauty of His charcter within us & pillars in the church - serving other believers

Wood represents: works in the flesh, the carnal believer
        Hay represents: a boastful show off ( me, my works, what I have done for the Lord)
        Straw represents: a wasted believers life, one who was simply saved & then very little changed etc.

So it's clear, those works of gold, silver & precious stones are all the work of the Lord within us. Aside from those are the crowns we receive from Him to give back to Him, that wasn't touched on in this study. These works then are quiet, gentle, gradual changes within us. Not all these big showy things some would have us believe. That fits pertectly with His character. Hope that helps a little, I will enlarge things with some scripture references when time allows.
        I've always wondered and somewhat believe that I feel like at judgement we are going to be surprised by how some of the things we deem small (maybe you waved and smiled at someone who was having a very bad day) will be amplified and we will be shown the full extent of a bad behavior
        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

It looks like you have come to a right conclusion about works. Our Salvation is not dependent on good works, but on the gift of grace. However, we know that God expects us to do good works. Serving the Lord is a good work when it is for His Glory.

Here's an analogy: Some days I just prepare a meal for the family and other days, usually on special occasions or gatherings, I put love into that meal for my family. I prepare a loved one's favorite dish and I put all my love into it.

I think that is the concept of a Gold reward - when we pour ourselves out for others and most importantly for the Glory of God. (uh...I'm not saying that preparing a meal for the family with love is the gold reward, rather the part about pouring ourselves out for others and God - not listing particulars here ).

Due to illness, I often feel guilty when I can't "do" as much as I used to physically. Sometimes, "just" believing and depending on Him has to be enough. Praying for others (often something only God sees) may be all I can "do". Sometimes I have to be more "creative" in being available or giving to others. And they may never know the love and sacrifice that went into it (which helps me to keep from taking any glory).
          John 14:6
          Jesus answered, "I am the WAY and the TRUTH and the LIFE, no one comes to the Father except through Me."

Comment

Working...
          X