Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Suggestions for Ladies Bible Study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Ladies Bible Study

I need some help with suggestions for Ladies Bible Study at our local church. It seems as if most study groups these days are based on Beth Moore and emerging stuff. Any safe suggestions or resources?
    Thanks!!!

I like Warren Wiersbe's studies on different books of the Bible. He also has a book on the Lord's Prayer that is one of my favorites. They aren't books necessarily geared towards women, but they are Bible focused.

ETA: I've also heard that this lady http://marthapeacetew.blogspot.com/2014/03/books.html is Biblically sound, but I've not read any of her books.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

I like Dr.Charles Stanley's "Life Principles" Bible Study.I am doing it right now.

Comment

Jack Kelley has an awesoem study, I just finished on Grace VS Law a study on the book of Galatians

This is a link to the main page that contains the links for all 5 parts of the study on the book of Galatians. I was so blessed by this stuffy. I researched every reference and verse and cross reference in the Bible. It took me about 3 weeks, but I am obsessive compulsive.

I highly recommend it:

http://gracethrufaith.com/series/galatians-study/

The title of the study itself is Paul’s case against combining the Law and Grace

on www.gracethrufaith.com main page you can scroll down and you will see links to studies and his mp3 files on entire books of the Bible like Revelation, Daniel, Hebrews and subjects such as Fellowship and Union, Olivet Discourse and so many others.

I have done many of these. I will be starting the super long study on the Book of Revelation.
        Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
        You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
        12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
        O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
        Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

I had a discussion with other women on facebook and we all said that women are interested in more than Esther and the book of Ruth. We want to know about what Jesus said in the Olivet Discourse, or Union and Fellowship with God.

Women also want to know just what did Paul say about Grace and the Law. And what was the writer of Hebrews trying to convey to the church, who at the time were still almost exclusively Jewish. Or what did John mean in al that he wrote in the Book of John.

Pre-Flood!

Comment

Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post

I have done many of these. I will be starting the super long study on the Book of Revelation.
            My husband and I both did his study on Revelation. And then when my son found out that not everything in the Bible had happened yet I went through it with him. Great stuff. I'll have to look at his Galations study.
            Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

Thanks so much all!! I am not head of the Bible study, just told the gal wanting to do it that I would attend. But, then she told me it was gonna be most likely Beth Moore and I sort of made a face I think... and I think she realized I was not a fan. I don't want to discourage her. I am going to pray about it and take it from there. Some great suggestions from all.

Comment

For a ladies' bible study I can recommend Jennifer Rothschild studies. But, like others stated, ladies' also like the deeper Word studies. I like ones that bring a topic from Genesis all the way through, connecting the dots as we go, and allowing time for side-trails that will always come up in a good study (IMO). This was so lacking in the discipiling that was occurring when I was attending Sunday School and Training Union. I knew the Bible stories, but I didn't know how they were all connected until I started my own study of God's Word. For me it began with J. Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible Radio Bible bus so I highly recommend that too.

Maranatha!
                Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

How about a Bible?
                  It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                    How about a Bible?
                    That is of course the perfect answer. But these gals all seem to want to use some sort of book. I'm older and could be their Mom. It's a different generation, altho studying the Word of God should not change regardless of age. Bible study in my opinion is just that. Studying the Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by carol1948 View Post
                      For a ladies' bible study I can recommend Jennifer Rothschild studies. But, like others stated, ladies' also like the deeper Word studies. I like ones that bring a topic from Genesis all the way through, connecting the dots as we go, and allowing time for side-trails that will always come up in a good study (IMO). This was so lacking in the discipiling that was occurring when I was attending Sunday School and Training Union. I knew the Bible stories, but I didn't know how they were all connected until I started my own study of God's Word. For me it began with J. Vernon McGee's Thru the Bible Radio Bible bus so I highly recommend that too.

Maranatha!
                      Originally posted by Wally View Post
                      How about a Bible?
                      Originally posted by savedatcamp View Post
                      That is of course the perfect answer. But these gals all seem to want to use some sort of book. I'm older and could be their Mom. It's a different generation, altho studying the Word of God should not change regardless of age. Bible study in my opinion is just that. Studying the Bible.
                      To all of the above: A. MEN.

I've been teaching ladies Bible study for years and we only use the Bible. Read it straight through, look up cross-references, ask lots of questions, discuss, relate everything to what you already know about the Bible, look up some words in Strong's Concordance if necessary. Talk about application, about the questions everyone has. Don't be afraid to take off on rabbit trails, as long as they are on the Bible. We love our format!

Comment

I'm doing my first women's Bible study at my church. We are doing Kelly Minter's book "What love is" which is the study of the letters of 1,2,3 John. So far I'm loving it and especially loving the fellowship with the women of my church. I know they are going to want to do another study and I just dread the thought that they will choose Beth Moore. I won't do her studies.

What do all think of Kelly Minter by the way? Have you heard of her?

I really wish we could do some Jack Kelly!! He's so great!
                        ~But if we hope for what we do not have, we wait for it patiently~ Romans 8:25

Comment

Originally posted by Jan51 View Post
                          To all of the above: A. MEN.

I've been teaching ladies Bible study for years and we only use the Bible. Read it straight through, look up cross-references, ask lots of questions, discuss, relate everything to what you already know about the Bible, look up some words in Strong's Concordance if necessary. Talk about application, about the questions everyone has. Don't be afraid to take off on rabbit trails, as long as they are on the Bible. We love our format!
                          That is all these studies from Jack Kelley do. He cross references the verses and does the study directly from the Bible. I found more cross reference than what my study Bible had. And it is all centered around the Scriptures. completely and entirely. he makes comments on the text, but nothing you do not get from when we or other people in the study makes comments. It is kinda like having another voice in the study with their comments.

There are no references to other books or anything. Just the Bible is used. Period. Plus comments he makes, that any of us make when giving observations.

And I wanted to add, I do Bible studies on my own, I do not have anyone to do mine with. So these studies, are perfect for me. Since it is only my input I have. Another learned and discerning voice is a help.

Pre-Flood!

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa_1966 View Post
                            I'm doing my first women's Bible study at my church. We are doing Kelly Minter's book "What love is" which is the study of the letters of 1,2,3 John. So far I'm loving it and especially loving the fellowship with the women of my church. I know they are going to want to do another study and I just dread the thought that they will choose Beth Moore. I won't do her studies.

What do all think of Kelly Minter by the way? Have you heard of her?

I really wish we could do some Jack Kelly!! He's so great!
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Becker Kelly states in the link below that this woman is her mentor in music (3rd paragraph down)
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Minter.
                            sigpic
                            -Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Becker Kelly states in the link below that this woman is her mentor in music (3rd paragraph down)
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Minter.

Hi Lynn, I'm not sure what Margaret Becker has to do with Kelly Minter's Bible studies and if they are sound teaching. I see that Margaret was born a Catholic but now attends a non-denominational church. She has a lovely voice from the couple of songs I just listened to.
                              ~But if we hope for what we do not have, we wait for it patiently~ Romans 8:25

Comment

Working...
                              X