Lake of Fire: Black Hole?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake of Fire: Black Hole?

Today on the Rapture Ready news page, there's an article (with links and comments) about measuring the mouth of a giant black hole. I've often wondered if the lake of fire could be a gigantic black hole. Since there's no escape of any kind from a black hole (not even a thing as fleeting as light), it seems a good place where Satan, other angelic spirits and human souls in bodies "where their worm dies not" (Mark 9:43-48) would never be able to escape, where they will "be tormented day and night forever and ever." Revelation 20:10

Unbelievers think there is no hell and no lake of fire. Wondering what the scholars, the science-minded and others here like me who are curious (no pun intended, but there it is ) think...

Revelation 20:1-15

It is my (limited) understanding that each galaxy has a black hole at its center. Would speculate that Jesus, when He uncreates creation, might utilize the black holes for that purpose. Just thinking out loud. Furthermore, the Whirlpool Galaxy has an X structure in the black hole center which some feel looks like Jesus hanging on the cross from before the foundations of the world.

However You do it Lord, please come and get us. We just want to be where You are, in Your dwelling place forever. In Jesus' name, amen.
    Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
    New International Version (1984)
    After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

Originally posted by mbrown1219 View Post
      It is my (limited) understanding that each galaxy has a black hole at its center. Would speculate that Jesus, when He uncreates creation, might utilize the black holes for that purpose. Just thinking out loud. Furthermore, the Whirlpool Galaxy has an X structure in the black hole center which some feel looks like Jesus hanging on the cross from before the foundations of the world.

However You do it Lord, please come and get us. We just want to be where You are, in Your dwelling place forever. In Jesus' name, amen.
      if its at the center of the black hole how can anyone see it? We cant even see black holes, we just infer that they are there due to the effect they have on everything around them.

just wondering
      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Google Whirlpool Galaxy

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...irlpool+galaxy

I told you my understanding is limited, Justin. Why don't you Google Whirlpool Galaxy X structure and then you can tell me what you know about it if you want to?
        Mary Brown

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

i think literal fire is supposed to be there. where would that fit with a black hole? friction, perhaps?

Comment

Maybe the Whirlpool Galaxy is where heaven is, not hell. That was my thinking on the subject brought up by the OP of hell being in a black hole. Perhaps heaven is too!

us Lord!
            Mary Brown

Comment

Don't know much about about about galaxies and space but I do know I like the Whirlpool Galaxy Mary! Thanks

Comment

I don't believe realms of the afterlife are in the known physical universe. A black hole has such density that matter is compressed to a pinpoint. Hardly "Hell hath enlarged itself" (for more residents)?

I don't think God needs gravity to keep the lost from escaping their terminal residence.

Also - there's lots of black holes. I would guess there's only one hell.

However, when a critical mass of expenditure of funds intended to materialize within a future space-time continuum occurs, an economy will collapse in on itself into a pinhead point comprised of minds that are infinitely dense. This celestial feature is called an "Obamahole".

Comment

Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                  Don't know much about about about galaxies and space but I do know I like the Whirlpool Galaxy Mary!
                  Thanks
                  I do confess that I don't know much myself, but I do know the One Who knows it all! Some day soon, He is going to call me home, and I am so convinced of that by His Word (promises, prophecy) that I do believe that is all I really need to know at this point.

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  I don't believe realms of the afterlife are in the known physical universe. A black hole has such density that matter is compressed to a pinpoint. Hardly "Hell hath enlarged itself" (for more residents)?

I don't think God needs gravity to keep the lost from escaping their terminal residence.

Also - there's lots of black holes. I would guess there's only one hell.
                  But speculation about God's wonderfully created universe is a fun thing for me in the meantime. He put it there for us to enjoy.
                  Mary Brown

Comment

But speculation about God's wonderfully created universe is a fun thing for me in the meantime. He put it there for us to enjoy.
                    ...which is a good argument as to why NASA isnt the 'waste of money' many Christians seem to think it is.
                    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                      ...which is a good argument as to why NASA isnt the 'waste of money' many Christians seem to think it is.

Comment

Hmmm....interesting thought Mary.

Comment

Black holes are one of the most fascinating things in the universe. I have always had a deep interest and desire to know more. Like what's on the other side? Is there another side? Is it really a hole? Do they have a purpose? Science is so limited in their understanding of them and even what they claim is mostly conjecture and guesses. I can't wait to meet our Creator and ask Him myself!
                          I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Revelation 22:13

In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. Psalm 10:4

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                            However, when a critical mass of expenditure of funds intended to materialize within a future space-time continuum occurs, an economy will collapse in on itself into a pinhead point comprised of minds that are infinitely dense. This celestial feature is called an "Obamahole".
                            I like this description of infinitely dense pinhead minds resulting in an "Obamahole" which is a sort of hell on earth further preparing those dense minds for the real Lake of Fire.

Comment

I like to imagine in my eternal body I'll be able to go in and out of black holes as I see fit, just for kicks. I've always been fascinated by black holes. I wouldn't attribute them to Hell or the Lake of Fire.

Maybe check out some of the strange, beautiful, and unknown worlds in the whirlpool galaxy. Take a stroll on the 'surface' of Saturn or the other gas giants... gotta have that Pluto party with Jlutz and the others!

All of that would be wonderful, but those potential experiences don't amount to Heaven in of themselves and black holes don't add up to the descriptions of Hell or the Lake of Fire.

It's recently been thought that black holes indeed eject quantum particles, via particle-antiparticle pairs in what's known as Bekenstein's radiation theory.

In short what this means is that black holes may well decay (entropy) maybe become weaker black holes, or even cease to exist altogether given time!

The Lake of Fire is the Lake of Fire and not a black hole. Heaven is Heaven and not the whirlpool galaxy. Black holes and the whirlpool galaxy are simply parts of this physical universe.

Though our Lord and God knows of them more then us beyond our simple thoughts or their place in the skies as lights in the night.

Comment

Working...
                              X