Are we supposed to hate Satan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we supposed to hate Satan?

I'm almost embarassed asking this question, but I just wanted to ask to make sure I understand this properly. Since we are to hate evil as followers of Christ, are we also supposed hate Satan himself, as well as his minions?

The info in the bible is their so we know who and what our real enemy is.
    Beyond that its not healthy to have any feeling at all toward Angels and demons.
    Focus on the Lord Jesus Christ.
    And trust the Lord to take care of his other creatures that have rebelled against him.

Comment

Yep, that's what my mom told me. Don't hate them, just focus on the Lord and he'll handle them.

Comment

Originally posted by OED40 View Post
        I'm almost embarassed asking this question, but I just wanted to ask to make sure I understand this properly. Since we are to hate evil as followers of Christ, are we also supposed hate Satan himself, as well as his minions?
        We already know satan's fate (and the fallen angels that followed after him).

I, for one, hate the fact that he's drawn so many away from salvation, and will do so until he's bound for the duration of the MK - Millennial Kingdom, then let loose for a time, after which he's thrown into the Lake of Fire. Bye bye

Bye satan

Comment

I certainly have no love for him. I think it's a waste of time hating him, God has already dealt with him.

Comment

I actually pity him cause he was with God and saw God's glory and threw it all away.

Comment

i'll have to try and find the reference, but i think satan is the only individual where it is implied that we have permission to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                I certainly have no love for him. I think it's a waste of time hating him, God has already dealt with him.
                How true!

Comment

If we are supposed to hate our sin,it is all right to hate the one who gave us our sin in the 1st place.I,ve been fighting this invisible enemy now for 36 years,he hates me and I hate him.This monster satan has caused untold misery on all humans espically the believer,s and the Jews.Billy Sunday once said you can,t love flowers without hating weeds.Show me in the KJV where I am not supposed to hate satan ,I would like to read that!!

Comment

Originally posted by 24thchance View Post
                    If we are supposed to hate our sin,it is all right to hate the one who gave us our sin in the 1st place.I,ve been fighting this invisible enemy now for 36 years,he hates me and I hate him.This monster satan has caused untold misery on all humans espically the believer,s and the Jews.Billy Sunday once said you can,t love flowers without hating weeds.Show me in the KJV where I am not supposed to hate satan ,I would like to read that!!
                    Thanks for posting that, I was actually wondering your stance on it. I really liked the Billy Sunday quote, totally makes sense!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                      Amen!

Comment

Satan is the king of hate, so by hating him you are giving him glory. trust the Lord, focus on the Lord and leave it all to the Lord.

May God, give each one of you a blessing today so you may smile tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by OED40 View Post
                          Good question. After all, the Bible does command to 'Love thine enemy'.
                          My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

Psalms 11:5 The Lord trieth the righteous:but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
                            To read this verse,the "WICKED" and "HIM" could possibly be referring to Satan since he is the tempter of all that's evil.
                            Since God has prepared a lake of fire for Satan and his followers,then on a human concept ,that's hate.
                            As a child of God we are suppose to hate sin.I think this would include Satan.People either love him(SIN) or hate him.

Comment

Originally posted by sharongrr View Post
                              Thanks for posting that, I was actually wondering your stance on it. I really liked the Billy Sunday quote, totally makes sense!!
                              I also would like to have clarification on this excellent question of hating or simply ignoring satan & his minions.

Comment

Working...
                              X