Does the bible predict airplanes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the bible predict airplanes?

Years ago when i first became a Christian, i remember somebody saying something regarding a verse in the bible that sounds like its describing future airplanes. I have never heard about it since.
    Anyone know what verse that might be?

I just remember reading about locusts. I think that has to do with helicoptors during Armagedon (misspelled?)

Comment

There is a verse in the old Test. in prophecy that some interperrt as a plane I have been sitting here trying to find it and can't. It's either Exek. or Zack.

Comment

Originally posted by TwinklingOfanEye View Post
        Years ago when i first became a Christian, i remember somebody saying something regarding a verse in the bible that sounds like its describing future airplanes. I have never heard about it since.
        Anyone know what verse that might be?
        I downloaded a sermon last week that talked about Revelation 9:7-10, the speaker thought the description sounded like a pilot sitting in a fighter jet. Not sure if this is what you're thinking of but here it is;

Revelation 9:7-10 (NIV)

7 The locusts looked like horses prepared for battle. On their heads they wore something like crowns of gold, and their faces resembled human faces.

8 Their hair was like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth.

9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle.

10 They had tails and stings like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months.

Comment

I believe it is a vision that Ezekiel had. I will try to find it. I didn't find it so will be quiet and learn.
          sigpic

Comment

This doesn't really answer your question, specifically, but Chuck Missler has an interesting video clip about "Technology Statements in Scripture"... and there is a part in the following clip where he shows that Jeremiah 50:9 is talking about "smart weapons."

The verse says, "... their arrows shall be as of a mighty expert man; none shall return in vain."

It's very interesting. It is between the 4:00 and 6:00 minute marks (though the whole clip is interesting, as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIukU...layer_embedded

Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by caligal View Post
              I believe it is a vision that Ezekiel had. I will try to find it. I didn't find it so will be quiet and learn.
              Ezekiel 1
              He was referring to cherubim which he later explains in chapter 10.
              A lot of people say it's a plane, but scripture interprets itself.

Comment

Not to derail the thread, but was just wondering today if the Bible predicts the INTERNET!

But I think I know what verse you are referring to, that being, what I thought people were saying was that the Bible was referring to UFO's.

This is what I found:

Psalm 68:13 - Though ye have lien among the pots, yet shall ye be as the wings of a dove covered with silver, and her feathers with yellow gold.

I read that Daniel, chapter 8 says something about airplanes, but I read it and couldn't find anything... But I was just skimming over it.

Hope that helps!

Comment

People go to great lengths to read things into Scripture that just aren't there. Planes, cars, computers, cel phones; all of these things are what man considers important. God has no use for such primitive items. After the resurrection Christ could move through solid objects and was taken up to Heaven with no fossil-fuel burning device required God can communicate directly to anyone at any time he chooses without having to pick up a phone and dial. He knows everything and has instant recall, His mind would shame all the computing power on Earth combined. Once we're in Heaven I'm sure we'll have a good laugh over what we thought was important on earth

Comment

This is true Tres, but it's still fun to look! Fun to search and always pour over God's word.

Hard to imagine the internet as "primitive"!

But again, it most likely IS to the Lord!

Comment

Not to derail the thread either, but there is a verse in Nahum 2:4 that looks quite interesting.

Not that its relevant to planes, but could it be about vehicles in general, as it says chariots shall rage in the streets and justle against one another and shall seem like torches and run like lightning.

Seems very interesting that the Bible mentions that as we see reckless drivers speeding like crazy racing with one another and their headlights look like torches.

Comment

it says chariots shall rage in the streets

I'm guessing "Chariot Rage" might be a precursor to "road rage"? Does it say anything about woman drivers? hehe

Just kidding ladies!!!

Comment

I have been studying and looking but can't find the verse so I'm thinking I must have read it somewhere else meaning it probably was not in the Bible.

Comment

I Agree Tres

Originally posted by Tres Wright View Post
                            People go to great lengths to read things into Scripture that just aren't there. Planes, cars, computers, cel phones; all of these things are what man considers important. God has no use for such primitive items. After the resurrection Christ could move through solid objects and was taken up to Heaven with no fossil-fuel burning device required God can communicate directly to anyone at any time he chooses without having to pick up a phone and dial. He knows everything and has instant recall, His mind would shame all the computing power on Earth combined. Once we're in Heaven I'm sure we'll have a good laugh over what we thought was important on earth
                            Just think we won't need all the transportation means that we have here. I personally am glad no more high prices of gas, and also stinky car diesels & buses. No more pollution. I am looking forward to my new glorious heavenly body how about you all? Janice
                            sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

Originally posted by savedatlast View Post
                              I have been studying and looking but can't find the verse so I'm thinking I must have read it somewhere else meaning it probably was not in the Bible.

I've read the one about cars/chariots mentioned above, but I don't recall any that may have been about planes.

Comment

Working...
                              X