Revelation 14:1 - 144,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelation 14:1 - 144,000

Who are the 144,000 that are talked about in this verse. I heard an interesting interpretation this morning. Basically the teacher said that the number is hebrew “poetic license”. That the 144,000 is just a number that really represents all that have been redeemed. Curious if this theory could be accurate.
    Last edited by Steve53; October 2nd, 2018, 08:15 AM.

Originally posted by rks7777 View Post
    Who are the 144,000 that are talked about in this verse. I heard an interesting interpretation this morning. Basically the teacher said that the number is hebrew “poetic license”. That the 144,000 is just a number that really represents all that have been redeemed. Curious if this theory could be accurate.
    It sounds as though that teacher is trying to suggest that the 144,000 are the same as the "a great multitude, which no man could number, of all the nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues" in Rev 7:9 (see verse 14, about these, too), where the 144,000 had also just been mentioned in Rev 7:4-8. It seems to me that those who suggest things like this, are ignoring what happens when (in these various passages).

Comment

I am under the teaching that the 144,000 are Jews who are set aside by God at the rapture - 12,000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel - who will bear witness to Christ and the rapture to the Jews, and will be unable to be harmed until the set time of their ministry ends. Many Jews will listen to them and accept the Lord........ finally.

Comment

I just read the Revelation passage about the 144,000 this morning. God, in His Word, was/is quite specific about who these people are, I don't think there's much room in the case of the 144,000 to suggest something besides what is plainly told to us in the Word.

While I'm glad I won't be around during Tribulation... To be one of the 144,000 called to serve God in this ministry will be amazing.

p.s. I don't think any current Jehova's Witnesses will be among their number...
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
          X