Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Revelation Chronology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revelation Chronology

Is there a source that puts the events described in the Book of Revelation in Chronological order?

Reading strait through, it *seems* to jump around in parts, but maybe I am looking at it wrong. For example, the Pseudo-Christ makes an appearance with the breaking of the First Seal (chapter 6), and gets a mention in chapter 11 when he kills the two witnesses, but is not fully revealed until chapter 13.

Also, do the 2 witnesses perform their ministry in the first half or the last half of Daniel's 70th Week, or does their ministry overlap the two halves (I am pretty sure their ministry is 3.5 years). I had the idea they will be killed just before the Abomination of Desolation, but rereading the passage (and following some Bible teachers' lectures) that is probably incorrect.

Thanks!

The question to me is, are we really supposed to know "the script?" Because if we do, then the enemy does, too. God has given us signs to recognize when the times of the end are upon us and vignettes of what will happen so that we (or tribulation saints) do not lose hope when things seem to be going south, but I would venture to guess that anyone who advances a detailed chronological timeline of the end times is likely to be quite wrong in some major detail.

Yes, it keeps us guessing...but it keeps the enemy guessing, too!
    --------Eric H. Bowen

sigpic 16 inch Armor Piercing: When you care enough to send the very, very, best!

Comment

"Footsteps of the Messiah" by Arnold Fruchtenbaum might be a book you'd find useful in regards to helping understand the timing of things in the Book of Revelation.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

https://gracethrufaith.com/series/the-revelation-story/
        sigpic
        Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalier973 View Post
          Also, do the 2 witnesses perform their ministry in the first half or the last half of Daniel's 70th Week, or does their ministry overlap the two halves (I am pretty sure their ministry is 3.5 years). I had the idea they will be killed just before the Abomination of Desolation, but rereading the passage (and following some Bible teachers' lectures) that is probably incorrect.
          I believe you are (now) correct in saying that their ministry is not concluded at the mid-trib point (AOD), or even "just before" it. I don't believe their 1260-day ministry ends at EITHER the mid-trib OR the end-trib points (or "just before" it, either). If that is your thought as well, I agree.

Comment

Love Jack Kelly...very interesting read.
            Thanks for posting it...
            sigpic
            I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

https://www.endtime.com/book-of-revelation/

Comment

That is Irwin Baxter's site. He teaches the Post-trib view of the rapture.

From the link:
                The sounding of the seventh trumpet in Revelation 11:15 signals the time when the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of Jesus Christ.... This seventh trumpet is the “last trump” referred to in 1 Corinthians 15:52.
                Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 51:10)

Comment

Originally posted by M. Hawbaker View Post

That is Irwin Baxter's site. He teaches the Post-trib view of the rapture.

From the link:
                  That's one seriously confused individual.
                  sigpic
                  Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

The chiastic structure of Revelation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiastic_structure

Comment

Working...
                    X