Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Question about the OT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the OT

Hi all

I was talking to a Christian friend today who was telling me about a gruesome activity she saw online with stoning of a woman adulteress in a Muslim country.

I mentioned to her that there are OT verses where God commanded adulterers be put to death by stoning (Leviticus 20:27 and Numbers 15:32-36).

My friend questioned me that these verses even existed. She was quite shocked to hear it.

My question is how do we answer someone who brings up the subject of the brutal punishments in the OT which God commanded?

Obviously Jesus did away with the OT law.

But did He? A lot of Christians say the OT and OT law is as relevant and applicable to us today as the NT.

Interested in your thoughts on this.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...lished-or-not/
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Thank you very much, Steve! That definitely helped a lot.

Comment

I have often heard it put that Jesus came to "fulfill" the Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
          I have often heard it put that Jesus came to "fulfill" the Law.
          It is what He claimed.

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Somewhat difficult to see how one can 'fulfill' a moral code. But we can easily see, and it is stated often in the gospels, how Jesus did something, or something happened, to fulfill what was written, or a prophecy. So, if I look at morals the same, I conclude Christ came to fulfill them in His person, He literally fulfilled every aspect of what we could call moral laws. He was perfect.

To add to the link above, to me it is also legal. The law demanded we die, legally. That hasn't changed, we still die. What has been added is the legal avenue for God to declare a man righteous, in right standing with Him. God can, and did, do this before, like Job. But in the way that Christ gave us, (the way, the truth, and the life), all men have this available by believing Christ. Nothing changed in the law, as the link relates, but we are still under the curse. Basically, we were given a way to surpass the curse. Hope that helped more than confused.
          Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Working...
          X