Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Cursing God in hell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cursing God in hell

We've been watching a little of Justin Peters on Youtube lately. He mentioned that the lost will be cursing God for eternity. Now whilst I realise that may well be a concept from scripture rather than a scripture itself, I have searched & cannot find that is so. I know the lost will not be in a good place, that they will be tormented for eternity eventually in the lake of fire, but can't find a scripture that actually says they will curse God for eternity. Scripture supports that they are cursed & that Job's wife said "Curse God & Die". I also realise they won't be delighted with God or have any capability of repentance whilst there, but nowhere I can see does it say that they curse God for eternity.
    I do think it's vital that we can back up everything we say from scripture or else it's just speculation. I don't doubt you all agree.What do you all think? Have I missed the scripture?
    For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
    Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

IMHO, at the Great White Throne Judgment the condemned will know without any doubt that their final destination is not what God wanted for them, but what they brought upon themselves. The wailing and gnashing of teeth will be more about navel gazing, not railing against God.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I suspect wailing, gnashing, and cursing. The punishment will already have been set and in place so it won't cost them anything to do this other than knowing that it will do no good and not provide any relief. I do not recall scriptures stating the lost are sinless in eternity so these things would seem possible/likely even though some interpret their eternity as so painful/hot, so dark, so filled with despair, and so lost and outside of God's domain that they do nothing but suffer. The studies on these things are righteous but still very troubling to me.

Comment

So there doesn't seem to be a scripture confirming what he said, as I suspected. It is frustrating when someone in a prominent position makes a statement like that when there is little or no scripture to verify it. It seems we're not told how the lost will "feel" towards God. During their lives, we know, but not afterward. I've always thought the wailing & gnashing of teeth was because they finally realise they brought it on themselves, too.
        Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

Comment

Would the lost cursing God for eternity even be possible in light of verses such as the following?:

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear." (Is. 45:23)

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." (Rom 14:1)

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father." (Phil. 2:10-11)
          Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 51:10)

Comment

Originally posted by M. Hawbaker View Post
            Would the lost cursing God for eternity even be possible in light of verses such as the following?:

"By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear." (Is. 45:23)

"For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." (Rom 14:1)

"that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is LORD, to the glory of God the Father." (Phil. 2:10-11)
            Interesting. I guess the question would be, do they confess to God and Jesus being whom they have always said they are, but are their hearts still hard, and they only bow because they are then forced to do so? Not because they want to of their own volition? Another question could be, if they bow and confess fully to God and Jesus, does God look at Satan and say,"Joke's on you, buddy.........in the end, you didn't get one of them out of my hand!" Guess we won't know for sure until that time comes......... but, we know that God is soveriegn (sp?) over all things. Just a thought..........not based on scripture.

Comment

I suppose that when anyone is kneeling before the Lord, it would be impossible to acknowledge Him as who He is. I'd always thought that's why they all confess Him because no-one can deny it when in front of Him. So after that, maybe that is where the idea comes from of cursing God for eternity - after having to admit He is the One they spent their whole lives denying.

Comment

We can't really say how the lost will react to their situation given their (willing) ignorance regarding their situation. It's easy to assume they'll do the human thing this side of heaven and just rail and rage against God, but we just don't know beyond the obvious suffering they'll endure.

People speak against God this side of heaven from a position of hate and distance. These same people when faced with Him won't be able to afford that luxury.

It's easy to badmouth and slander a strong man when he isn't near. When he's in your face looking down at you demanding an explanation for all those awful things you said (or in the instance of God, all around you)... it's quite another story.

Won't be so keen and eager to say all those nasty things you came up with to His face lest He rebuke you to your own face. Experiencing God for better or for worse will be a very... changing experience. For the saved a blessing beyond measure. For the accursed... well...

Hebrews 10:31
                It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Comment

The rich man, being in torments in hell, seemed to be more concerned with getting any sort of relief from his suffering instead of cursing God. (Luke 16:24). He also seemed to be worried about his brothers later joining him someday, when he also asked Abraham to send Lazarus to testify unto them about hell. I do not sense any cursing of God in that picture of hell.
                  The many devils in the possessed man spoke respectfully to Jesus as they besought Him to be allowed to enter the swine. (Luke 8:28)
                  (Isaiah 14:12-20) describes Satan in the most humbling position of helplessness, where cursing God would not have any effect at all, except maybe to make the one doing such foolish cursing look even more weak and stupid.

Comment

Thank you Clouds, that does make God sense, confirmed in scripture. I guess once they have stood before The Great White Throne, they will have all bowed the knee & said Amen. So yes, it would seem that they will be preoccupied, as it were, with their suffering. That's why I do like to check everything, as we should, to make sure a statement is scripturally sound. Clearly this is looking like it's not verified by scripture.

Comment

Working...
                    X