Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serpent in Genesis

Guys, when exactly did Satan fall?

Was Satan at that time the serpent when he appeared to Eve?

Please elaborate.

Mark 11:24

Not sure on exact time, but I think he was forced out or pushed out of heaven, and the fall would be associated to man. Genesis 3 says the serpent spoke to Eve,
    These links may help or may not:
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+3&version=NIV
    https://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-fall.html
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

My view on scripture is that Satan (and all angels/demons and heavenly hosts) were created during the 6 days of creation and fell after Adam entered the scene as the first created human. Then he either entered the body of a serpent or became serpent like (which doesn't seem to me a skill set and ability he actually has) and tempted Eve. I've always believe the tempter was Satan and yet a literal serpent. Why would God curse all serpents thereafter to crawl on their bellies unless an actual serpent was involved and/or allowed Satan to utilize him for the tempting? Now my head hurts from twisting in a pretzel on this!

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
        My view on scripture is that Satan (and all angels/demons and heavenly hosts) were created during the 6 days of creation and fell after Adam entered the scene as the first created human. Then he either entered the body of a serpent or became serpent like (which doesn't seem to me a skill set and ability he actually has) and tempted Eve. I've always believe the tempter was Satan and yet a literal serpent. Why would God curse all serpents thereafter to crawl on their bellies unless an actual serpent was involved and/or allowed Satan to utilize him for the tempting? Now my head hurts from twisting in a pretzel on this!
        Interesting. I always thought the angels/heavenly hosts existed prior to the creation of what we know as life. God is very meticulous about his description of what was created and on what day He created everything in Genesis. And I do not see any mention of creating angels, etc at this time. We are studying Genesis in my precepts class right now. I had never done so and it is a great study.

Comment

Hi, the bible is silent on the timing, therefore I believe we must be silent. Ezekiel has some interesting passages that may suggest Lucifer fell long before the garden.

Comment

"Hi, the bible is silent on the timing, therefore I believe we must be silent. Ezekiel has some interesting passages that may suggest Lucifer fell long before the garden."

Good point!

Comment

Job 38:1 - 7 seems to say that the angels ("morning stars" and "sons of God") sang and shouted for joy when God laid the foundation of the earth.

Comment

Working...
              X