Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Rapture believer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapture believer

Hi all,
    I fully believe in the rapture and have run into people that use this verse to say we will be resurrected at the Lords coming because that's what the verse says. What exactly does this verse mean and how do I counter it with people who fight against it? 1 Corinthians 15:21-23
    21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
    22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

This is a lengthy read, but I find it answers much:
    http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/vie...pture-passages
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
      This is a lengthy read, but I find it answers much:
      http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/vie...pture-passages
      I like it (though I disagree with his location of the Wedding Feast, in this article).

I thought the best parts were found in the endnotes (in your article by Dr Robert Dean), as seen here:

[28] Other illuminating phrases are 'body of Christ,' (Col. 1:24) which is composed of those who have put off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ' (Col. 2:11.

[29] Five discrete resurrections are identified in Scripture. The first four are combined as one event, the first resurrection (Revelation 20:5). These four resurrrections are: 1) the resurrection of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:1–8), 2) the resurrection of the 'dead in Christ' at the time of the Rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13–18), 3) the resurrection of Old Testament saints, for they must be resurrected to participate in the future Kingdom of Christ (Psa. 50:1–6; Isaiah 26:19), 4) the resurrection of tribulation saints (Revelation 20:4). The fifth resurrection is the resurrection of the unbelievers of all the ages to appear before the Great White Throne (Revelation 20:12).

[30] The resurrection of distinct groups at different times is indicated by the word tagma ('order'), a word which often has military application, meaning divisions, companies, groups, or ranks.

See also Col 2:11,12,13

ETA: since RR's new site isn't highlighting the scriptures, I'll add those last verses I put, here:

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11 In whom also ye are circumcised [you were circumcised; passive] with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off [in the removal; noun] the body of the sins of the flesh by [in] the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in the baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

[see more at your local Bible ]
      Last edited by acceptedintheBeloved; February 19th, 2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

I like to dig and research, I went to a few of my regular sites and then happened upon the one I posted. I read it a couple times and thought it was laid out well and after posting realized I did not check if it was listed as a "No Post" from the RR Posting Rules. Went back and read all the rules again and they were not on the list,whew , so far everything is cool
        John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Thanks, Chaser and EITB, This helps a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by inhisname View Post
            Hi all,
            I fully believe in the rapture and have run into people that use this verse to say we will be resurrected at the Lords coming because that's what the verse says. What exactly does this verse mean and how do I counter it with people who fight against it? 1 Corinthians 15:21-23
            21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
            22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
            23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
            Just as there are different phases to the Resurrection, there are different phases to the Second Coming of Christ.

Phase one takes place before the Tribulation when the dead in Christ are raised, and we which are alive are changed into immortals, and all of us together are caught up to meet the Lord in the air (Resurrection/Transformation/Rapture), 1 Thess 4:16-18; 1 Cor 15:51-53; John 14:1-3, etc.

Phase two occurs after the Tribulation, when Jesus, along with the Saints (those resurrected, changed, and caught up) who are now with Him in heaven, descends all the way to the earth itself, not just into the sky. Rev 19:11-16; Rev 17:14; Jude 1:14-15; Zech 14:1-5, etc.

Another point to consider for those who don't believe that the church will be removed prior to the Tribulation ( a time of great judgment), is that when it comes to a planned/scheduled judgment, God will not slay the righteous with the wicked as that would violate the justness of the Judge of all the earth who always does right. This principle is illustrated beginning in Genesis 18 regarding the deliverance of Lot from the destruction planned for Sodom, Gen 18:16-33. Then there was Noah, Gen 6, Rahab and her family, Josh 6:23, etc. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
            X