Analog to digital switch for TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rnman99 View Post
    He has to make sure his propaganda delivery isn't interrupted by something as stupid as poor people not getting their digital TV....
    You got it! If the switch to digital was to go forward on the 17th, those needing boxes that don't have them yet won't be able to see the coronation on the 20th and his daily addresses to the nation thereafter.

The kool aid must be made available to all of the kings subjects! No sheeple left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Homesick777 View Post
      You got it! If the switch to digital was to go forward on the 17th, those needing boxes that don't have them yet won't be able to see the coronation on the 20th and his daily addresses to the nation thereafter.

The kool aid must be made available to all of the kings subjects! No sheeple left behind.
      I'm certain that Obama suffers from delusions of grandeur. He probably sees himself in the FDR vein and instead of fireside chats on the radio, he'll comfort us from the television. It'll be slickly produced so as to avoid the ahs and ums.

Comment

• Originally posted by God'sGirl View Post
        Obama really already has his own channel on Dish Network?

Originally posted by rnman99 View Post
        Prolly resemble this one... :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMecO38MZCc

Pay attention at 0:55 BTW very interesting.
        Interesting.

I really don't watch much tv anyways but it did always seem suspicious that we have to convert over to digital. What are they planning to do with all that freed up analog space?

But let's also remember that the decision to go digital came long before Obama was elected. Is he also willing to take advantage of the negative implications of this switch? Maybe so.

But honestly we shouldn't be surprised. We are in the End of Days. Corruptness is going to increase, no matter which political party is in office. The devil is busy on the Earth since he knows his time is short.
        Colossians 4:5-6
        5 Behave yourselves wisely [living prudently and with discretion] in your relations with those of the outside world (the non-Christians), making the very most of the time and seizing (buying up) the opportunity. 6 Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you].

Comment

• Originally posted by felixthecat View Post
          Good grief.

People have had nearly a YEAR notice.

Make people KNOW what's going on.

If you have CABLE you don't need it.

If you have rabbit ears on your T.V. you do need a "government paid for converter"..
          The government should NOT be paying for this. If you have analog, get a converter.

Of all the things to be concerned about - Obama is concerned about your T.V. !

Amazing!
          Of course, because if anyone don't have cable, or the converter they cant see the Matraiya(sp?) when he airs.

Comment

• Originally posted by bkp1 View Post
            Of course, because if anyone don't have cable, or the converter they cant see the Matraiya(sp?) when he airs.
            Aww, but you forget, even those not watching will "hear his voice in their heads." Craziness.
            5 Behave yourselves wisely [living prudently and with discretion] in your relations with those of the outside world (the non-Christians), making the very most of the time and seizing (buying up) the opportunity. 6 Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you].

Comment

• Originally posted by semo View Post
              Aww, but you forget, even those not watching will "hear his voice in their heads." Craziness.
              Everything is so crazy lately, hard to keep up with it all
              I agree, the last thing he needs to be worrying about are the TV's

Comment

• Originally posted by Biblenuggetlady View Post
                If you have cable tv, you won't be affected, so how many folks watch TV without cable anymore?
                Me for one; I'm not laying out the money cable wants for TV for 200 channels I won't ever watch. I can live without the filth the cable networks spew.

I got two stations before my converter, the local Fox and NBC stations (although the NBC station was pretty with all thos ghostly and snowy images)
                Now I get those two stations really clear (unless there's atmospheric disturbances) and I get This.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlaL48 View Post
                  And so what happened to "There's only ONE president at a time!!"?
                  It only pertains to difficult things..

Comment

• Originally posted by bkp1 View Post
                    Everything is so crazy lately, hard to keep up with it all
                    I agree, the last thing he needs to be worrying about are the TV's
                    True. But tv has always been an opiate for the masses. Especially during rough times. I've even heard of studies that show movie studios put out more comedies during war times or times of economic difficulties (a way to keep people's minds off the matters at hand.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemomgonuts View Post
                      Who cares. I am just stoked that as of January 20, I no longer have to pay my mortgage or pay to fill my gas tank. *Contented sigh* Obama has my best interests at heart, I am sure it is the same for the tv. I think ol Honest Abe may get a run for his money on the Honest moniker with my new mortgage and gas paying friend Obama.
                      You SHOULD be stoked, Mar, then you can spend ALL your time on RR!!!

Comment

• Not sure if this was posted but heard on Rush Limbaugh today that most of the kool-aid drinkers that voted him in will have no way to worship him on TV and will not see his messages. So he wants his fans the ones that don't want to work and have everything given to them for free some more time on analog because yes they ran out of coupons but this was another reason also. Not sure but kind of makes sense to me.

John 3:16
                        For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlaL48 View Post
                          You SHOULD be stoked, Mar, then you can spend ALL your time on RR!!!
                          Wouldn't you theoretically have to go grocery shopping at some point? And sleep? And bathe?

Comment

• Originally posted by EndIsNear View Post
                            Wouldn't you theoretically have to go grocery shopping at some point? And sleep? And bathe?
                            Who says I do that now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemomgonuts View Post
                              Who says I do that now?
                              Because if you didn't you'd:

1. Die of hunger
                              2. Pass out from exhaustion
                              3. Eventually stink so bad you'd faint

Comment

• Anybody else see the Dark Knight? That's what the talk of television surveillance reminds me of. Oh, and 1984 by George Orwell.

Telescreen: Winston Smith!
                                The Gospel of Jesus Christ

"I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

"I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

Comment

Working...
                                X