No announcement yet.

Analog to digital switch for TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if this is another piece to a very weird puzzle but there is a HUGE push underfoot to make way for a world wide television station. You wouldn't be able to receive it unless you were digital.

The whole things reminds of a Ray Bradbury story where people were required to watch TV and a man "killed" his set and was hunted down like as a criminal. Come and get me boys, cuz there ain't NO way tv is coming back into this house. We pitched out our TV 20 years ago and it's staying gone!

Comment

• Last night it came to me when I was on this Website...Gods Insight...

Washington DC the DC stands for (DEMON CITY or DEMONIC CONTROL)

I am telling you....God is Preparing Us Ladies & Gentleman for the Rapture...It is going to one Rocky Road...Until that Beautiful Day...

Comment

• The Bible does say that after the Tribulation -- every eye -- shall see Jesus when He returns in the 'Second Coming'

Revelation 1:7
        Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.
        Revelation 1:6-8

also during the Trib they will see the Two Witnesses

Revelation 11:9-10
        9For three and a half days men from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

Of Course the AntiChrist will have his agenda also
        Last edited by I'mready; February 11th, 2009, 09:38 PM. Reason: anti christ

Comment

• Originally posted by PGP_Protector View Post
          1) It's not a violation of Church / State as they're not requiring the Churches to do anything. (Do we all complain when they ask us to help feed the homeless ?)
          I wasn't honestly suggesting that it was. It's just double standard that they have. If we have a kid that wants to pray in school, everyone's up in arms about separation of church and state because we can't have prayer in our schools, and yet when the government wants something, it's ok for them to ask churches to push their agenda?

I wasn't trying to highlight the false separation of church and state agenda that some try to push. I was trying to highlight the double standard, that I'm sure everyone already knows our government has.
          "I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

Hebrews 12:3-4
          For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Comment

• My guess is a big push for the release of Sham Wow 2!

Comment

• Just an F.Y.I.

Even though the date for MANDATORY switchover has been moved to June, most T.V. stations are going to go ahead and cut over on Feb 17th. They have been letting us know that on the local news here. That all the stations in the area and over 500 in the nation will go ahead and switch over on original date. The reason they gave for not waiting until June was the extra expense involved.
              http://www.wkrg.com/technology/artic..._switch/23550/
              So my question is, if that is the case, then what was the big deal in getting Congress to change the date? They made it sound like it was for the citizens, so they wouldn't be without it. Sure doesn't seem like that is the case to me.

Comment

• So my question is, if that is the case, then what was the big deal in getting Congress to change the date? They made it sound like it was for the citizens, so they wouldn't be without it. Sure doesn't seem like that is the case to me.
                I personally think that they were screaming to have the date pushed back, saying that not everyone had their converter boxes yet, had more to do with the stimulus bill and all the millions (or is it billions) that that was needed to pay for the boxes.... I mean how does the average joe know whether or not that money actually goes towards tv converter boxes

they have been doing these coupons for almost a year, and there are only 350 million people in the US.... so about how many households do you reckon there are??? At $40 a coupon???

Anybody done the math on this yet???

Comment

• I'm thinking of doing away with the tv entirely before this switch. I don't trust this one.
                  1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

• There really is something strange about this.

I won't say what there objective is because I have no clue but if you think
                    about it, why in the world is the Government throwing all this money (so far
                    more than $200,000,000 "est from 08, no clue what it is at now!") for better picture for the taxpayers?? I know what
                    they said there reason for doing it (wireless services and emergency
                    communications) but is it really worth it at this time, when our economy is in
                    the dumps? When I heard BHO postpone it I thought it was because of the
                    Economy but then he says because we are not ready? Wow, this is either the
                    dumbest thing the Government has done (besides trying to "stimulate" the
                    economy) or the most sinister plan being conducted. I just can't see why the
                    Government is so concerned about sharper pixels on the tube.

Comment

• I get the idea of being able to warn us of emergencies...sounds like a good reason, except that I don't believe our government is a benevolent institution. I don't think for a second that they're really this concerned about being able to warn us of an emergency.

I don't have a clue what the reason is, but it's not the reason they're giving us. And I agree with others...moving the date to June was all about the stimulus bill.

Comment

• And just think, they have been talking about this switch for over a year now. So there has been some planning behind whatever there is to it.

Comment

• Put on your tin hat and a tin coat for this one.... Found this when I was digging around. This sounds way over the top, but thought I would post it just the same so that we are all aware of the conspiracys.

Comment

• Emergency Information

With respect to the need to have everyone have access to emergency information, there is the "reverse 911" system.

I was in the path of Katrina, and for it and for other hurricanes, the local authorities sent out calls pertaining to the mandatory evacuation of the area. It isn't necessary (although it is desirable) to have VIDEO pertaining to emergencies.

Let's face it, once our power was out, most people turned to radio for emergency broadcast information anyway.

Soooo, I really don't buy the argument that they're doing this to assure that everyone has access to emergency reports...

Comment

• I have a friend who is retired from a career as an officer in the Army where he dealt with U.S. "brainwashing" projects and other psychological things he says he can't disclose. But what he does say is scary - he insists that if we citizens knew what the military had experimented with on psychological control, we'd be terrified. He is convinced that this digital change has to do with some of the experiments he witnessed, and has advised us to do away with our television. And this guy is not a "nutcase" - anything but!!!
                              Strengthen the weak hands, And make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are feeble-hearted, Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with a vengence, With the recompense of God; He will come and save you." Is 35:3-6

Comment

• Originally posted by Silver View Post
                                My guess is a big push for the release of Sham Wow 2!
                                I could watch a SHAM WOW demo all day long!

Comment

Working...
                                X