No announcement yet.

RFID technology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes! That picture was scary. I really can't sleep now-guess I'll leave the light on.

Comment

Originally posted by NORAD View Post
      EEK 4Ever! Warnings please - I was about to go to bed now I'm scared
      sorry couldn't help myself!
      Please forgive me for the lack of warning. Pretty terrifying...isnt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnightcryer View Post
        Yikes! That picture was scary. I really can't sleep now-guess I'll leave the light on.
        Oh...sorry for the scare!

Comment

IBM, Motorola Execs Say RFID Is Key to Better World

RFID can be used to instrument social, economic and environmental changes globally, according to IBM's Martin Wildberger and Motorola's Jerry McNerney.

Apr. 30, 2009—Radio frequency identification and other sensor technologies can do more than just improve business value—they have the potential to change the world. So say IBM's Martin Wildberger, a VP with the company's software group, and Jerry McNerney Motorola's VP of strategy and business development, speaking to attendees at the RFID Journal LIVE! 2009 conference, held this week in Orlando, Fla.

IBM has been championing the use of technology to support what it calls an age of a globally integrated and intelligent economy, society and planet. In support of that concept, the computer technology firm launched its Smarter Planet Initiative in 2008.

"I have been coming to RFID Journal LIVE! for several years," Wildberger said. "In the beginning, the conversation was about the technology. The keynote addresses now focus on the business value. That's great. But if you look at what makes you happy at the end of the day, one of the things I've always been motivated by is the impact of our work on the world."

Wildberger challenged attendees to imagine all of the possibilities with RFID and other sensor technologies. "Often, we in this room see ourselves as leaders, and that we are pushing the envelope as to what this technology can do," he stated. "But our vision isn't grand enough."

Wildberger cited opportunities to leverage RFID and sensor technologies in food and cold chains, to improve product safety and reduce the incidence of food-borne illnesses by enabling companies to track the location of goods in a supply chain, as well as temperature, humidity and other conditions. Wildberger said he's seen statistics indicating there are approximately 76 million cases of food-borne illnesses in the United States every year. "Up to 60 percent of produce and 75 percent of our seafood in the U.S. is imported," he added, "but only 1 percent of the food that crosses our borders is inspected."

In addition, Wildberger said, there are also enormous opportunities for RFID to increase patient safety and lower health-care costs, by facilitating electronic medical records systems, improving communications flows and tracking assets, patients and employees.
          http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/a...view/4838/1/1/

Comment

The stage is definitely being set, for the mark of the beast!
            See you on the Battlefield,

Comment

Oh wow...I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by big wave View Post

one of the things I've always been motivated by is the impact of our work on the world."

Wildberger challenged attendees to imagine all of the possibilities with RFID and other sensor technologies. "Often, we in this room see ourselves as leaders, and that we are pushing the envelope as to what this technology can do," he stated. "But our vision isn't grand enough."

In addition, Wildberger said, there are also enormous opportunities for RFID to increase patient safety and lower health-care costs, by facilitating electronic medical records systems, improving communications flows and tracking assets, patients and employees.
                http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/a...view/4838/1/1/
                We know where this is going and who is doing the motivating behind the scenes. But, we also know who wins in the end! Thank you Lord Jesus!

Comment

Computer Chips in bar soap

It happened in bangalore india couple of days back. Bathing soap carried microchips causing quite a flutter. When enquired it was said that it was part of an effort to improve poor peoples living standards. It was revealed that the chip was capable of recording number of times the soap was used and frequency it was used thus giving them feedback on how to educate the poor on cleanliness.
                  Last edited by Buzzardhut; June 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

What?

Comment

Comment

Sure it is.
                        My Rapture/Left Behind Message

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Comment

HUH???? WHAT?????????????????? This is just absolutely insane! I am so glad that we wil not be here during the tribulation. I mean, can you image not even being able to purchase soap??????? What's next, they will be tracking our toilet paper useage?????
                          sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)

BTW, my son is a junior in high school!

Comment

Originally posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
                            HUH???? WHAT?????????????????? This is just absolutely insane! I am so glad that we wil not be here during the tribulation. I mean, can you image not even being able to purchase soap??????? What's next, they will be tracking our toilet paper useage?????
                            With all these ridiculous shenanigans going on, I am surprised every day to wake up and still be here...

http://www.ciol.com/News/News-Report...26609121596/0/

Comment

Well, they wouldn't get anywhere with our youngest. To quote a line from Mercer Mayer's Little Critter book entitled, "I Just Forgot:"

"I didn't use soap, but I didn't forget to. I just don't like soap."
                              "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

Originally posted by Mommytoa3rdgradeboy View Post
                                What's next, they will be tracking our toilet paper useage?????

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... well, NOW that you mention it, this could be REALLY useful with my kids!

Comment

Working...
                                X