No announcement yet.

A question about imminencey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone who's got a presence on youtube whom I've learned a lot from recently said that we say "imminent" meaning "could happen any time" but he was saying that the biblical "imminent" referring to the harpazo originally meant "it's coming" in a sense of it's coming and going to catch up to us at some point. He likened it to a truck that's down the road heading for you. It's definitely coming for you but it hasn't reached to you just yet.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX View Post
      Someone who's got a presence on youtube whom I've learned a lot from recently said that we say "imminent" meaning "could happen any time" but he was saying that the biblical "imminent" referring to the harpazo originally meant "it's coming" in a sense of it's coming and going to catch up to us at some point. He likened it to a truck that's down the road heading for you. It's definitely coming for you but it hasn't reached to you just yet.
      The only problems I have with that is that the truck is visible and you can know when it will
      reach you. Also, I don't think the word imminent is in the Bible at all, and was only coined
      by those of us writing about it in the 20th century (or maybe the 19th).

We got the idea because of several verses that say to be always ready because you
      will not know the day or the hour when He returns. Whether you interpret that as
      being the Rapture or the Second Coming in any particular verse, it ultimately applies
      to both since we will not know the day or the hour for either.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
        The only problems I have with that is that the truck is visible and you can know when it will
        reach you. Also, I don't think the word imminent is in the Bible at all, and was only coined
        by those of us writing about it in the 20th century (or maybe the 19th).

We got the idea because of several verses that say to be always ready because you
        will not know the day or the hour when He returns. Whether you interpret that as
        being the Rapture or the Second Coming in any particular verse, it ultimately applies
        to both since we will not know the day or the hour for either.

But not everybody may notice the truck. It's coming either way.
        The Second Coming is clearly marked as to when to start counting. 1260 days after the Abomination of Desolation at the 3rd temple.
        Also God does all His big things on the Feast days. And Trumpets is the only one that has an idiom that the jewish people of the day knew about already :You will not know the day or the hour". Of course we have to be ready at all times because death is still in this world nevertheless.
        No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
        Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
        Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
        Romans 8:31

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          Here's a couple of links relating to the doctrine of imminency which may be helpful:

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bib...-of-imminency/

http://www.raptureready.com/imminency/
          This contains the reference to the rapture ready article with more added if you wish to read it and the comment section is good also for it contains an argument against imminency.

https://amos37.com/wii/

Comment

Originally posted by michigander View Post
            This contains the reference to the rapture ready article with more added if you wish to read it and the comment section is good also for it contains an argument against imminency.
            I skimmed the comments section (rather quickly) but it seemed to me that their arguments were "off" (6th Seal Rapture?? nope...; other arguments like that, too. But again, I skimmed it quickly. )

Comment

Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
              I skimmed the comments section (rather quickly) but it seemed to me that their arguments were "off" (6th Seal Rapture?? nope...; other arguments like that, too. But again, I skimmed it quickly. )
              Their arguments were off and I think that the writer Amos even questioned wether they read part of the article that supported imminency. 6th seal rapture?? nope, I agree, but I think that is the prewrath position of when the rapture takes place.

Comment

Working...
              X