I can see the possibility now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I believe that Rome used beheading for its own citizens and crucifixion for others. Rome considered death by beheading to be a more honorable means of execution compared to crucifixion. There is a long history of beheading in the west. It was inexpensive and an axe or sword could accomplish the job.
    There are some beheadings going on in Mexico related to drug cartel deaths. I did not know that Rome used beheading for its own citizens. Interesting!!

Comment

Paul was a roman citizen and I think he was beheaded. I think........
      sigpic

Comment

Don't forget the "French Razor"
        http://www.history.com/news/history-...the-guillotine
        The guillotine remained France’s state method of capital punishment well into the late 20th century. Convicted murderer Hamida Djandoubi became the last person to meet his end by the “National Razor” after he was executed by the guillotine in 1977. Still, the machine’s 189-year reign only officially came to an end in September 1981, when France abolished capital punishment for good.

Comment

Where can I find a good breakdown of Ezek 37-38-39?

Comment

Originally posted by USCG_Vet View Post
            Where can I find a good breakdown of Ezek 37-38-39?
            Start here - https://gracethrufaith.com/end-times...w-and-summary/

And then try here - https://gracethrufaith.com/series/en...ng-to-ezekiel/
            sigpic
            Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Perfect! Thanks Steve...

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                I believe that Rome used beheading for its own citizens and crucifixion for others. Rome considered death by beheading to be a more honorable means of execution compared to crucifixion. There is a long history of beheading in the west. It was inexpensive and an axe or sword could accomplish the job.
                Roman Catholicism.

The original Jihadists
                Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

Originally posted by USCG_Vet View Post
                  Perfect! Thanks Steve...
                  You're welcome!

We also have a monster thread here - http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?5558...ll-of-Damascus
                  sigpic
                  Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBunny View Post
                    people who don't belong to our Lord Jesus Christ put a limit on forgiveness. like someone like Dahmer couldn't become saved because of the horrendous murders he committed.
                    by saying that they show they have no understanding of the reach of God's love, sending his Son Jesus shows us the greatness of his love.
                    You are absolutely right! It's hard for our human minds to comprehend ANY sin is heinous and grieves the Lord. All are an affront to His holiness. So if God can forgive "white lies", overeating/gluttony, etc He can and does forgive just as easily a repentant mass murderer. He looks at the heart, not the size of the sin according to man's standards.
                    Toots

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                      There used to be an end times bible teacher who always thought this would be the most likely method of tribulation execution.
                      As a new believer, when I 1st started to learn about the end times, I was often shocked at how brutal things would be. We are so shocked when we hear of executions by islamic terrorists, but how depraved will the followers of the a/c be to accept these beheadings? So so gald we are part of the bride & don't have to suffer at the hands of the most wicked one. Thank you Lord.
                      For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
                      Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

Yes! So glad God has given us these signs so we will know when His appearing is close!

The deception out there astounds me daily.

Diane
                        Psalm 108:1 - My heart is determined
                        Diane
                        Psalm 108:1 - my heart is determined.

#T h e C o m i n g C h r i s t M o v i e

#S c r i p t u r e S e e d s

Comment

I Wonder too...

Originally posted by wynnsmom` View Post
                          As a newborn Christian (almost 40 years ago) I couldn't understand how the world would follow evil. I saw movies that portrayed news people being caught up in and blindly supporting the anti-Christ and couldn't understand how it could happen. People wouldn't do such things in America.

This election has shown me, people can, people will and we are there. How the entire mainstream media covered and ignored, lies, corruption, and evil astounded me. How they could hear and SEE about Planned Parenthood proudly selling baby parts and yet turn not on Planned Parenthood but on the person who exposed this horrific evil. To listen to the alt-left liberals loosing their minds over the election of Trump, they really are deranged. How the media could report that the electors were being exposed to death threats to change their votes and the "world" seemed to think that Trump was so evil that threatening the lives of people to get them to change their votes was a reasonable response.

When we leave in the rapture there will be nothing left in our country to prevent these deluded souls from taking over. Yes, it is very easy now to see that these people will applaud, will hand over the friends, their families, even their children, when the government authorities begin to behead any new "deplorables" that come to light.

I can see it and writing it almost makes me cry. I understand Jesus's plea to His people "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!"

O America, you have been blessed more than any nation that has ever been on earth, and you spit in the face of your King. Professing to be wise, you have become fools.
                          Hi Wynnsmom! I also wondered about this. In addition I wondered how it would be possible for the anti-christ and his minions to be able to persecute Believers and run them into the ground...with the emergence of drone technology...I see how this will be possible. Drones will literally be everywhere, I believe, giving the enemy more control than he could ever obtain with mere humanity.

Comment

mmmmmm, drones.

Notes to self: buy lots of chicken wire.

In case of Rapture, make sure to leave it
                            where the tribulation saints can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                              mmmmmm, drones.

Notes to self: buy lots of chicken wire.

In case of Rapture, make sure to leave it
                              where the tribulation saints can find it.
                              Thank you for a good laugh---though it was interspersed with coughing due to Mt. Cedar allergies!!!

Comment

I have had the exact same thoughts. These people are lost, and will gladly follow the leader soon to come. I still wonder what the delusion that God will send, to make them believe the lie.

Comment

Working...
                                X