Rapture trumpet sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapture trumpet sound

Will the unbelievers on earth hear the trumpet sound and the call to ,"come up hear !" ?

I've always imagined that unbelievers may hear something akin to a dull roar, followed by an incredibly loud thunderclap. By the time their hearing readjusts, they're going to be terrified by the resulting turmoil created in large part by so many people suddenly disappearing from the controls of mechanical contrivances.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I've imagined pretty much the same thing as you Steve.
      sigpic

Comment

I believe I've heard that some people think Exodus 19 is a "picture" of the rapture. If that is accurate, then there may be parallels between what was seen/heard then and what will be seen/heard at the rapture:

Exodus 19:16-20 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.

18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

20 And the Lord came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the Lord called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up..

see also Exodus 20:18 Now all the people perceived the thunderings and the lightnings and the noise of the trumpet and the smoking mountain, and as [they] looked they trembled with fear and fell back and stood afar off

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
        ______

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
          I believe I've heard that some people think Exodus 19 is a "picture" of the rapture. If that is accurate, then there may be parallels between what was seen/heard then and what will be seen/heard at the rapture:

Exodus 19:16-20 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled.

17 And Moses brought forth the people out of the camp to meet with God; and they stood at the nether part of the mount.

18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.

19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

20 And the Lord came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the Lord called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up..

see also Exodus 20:18 Now all the people perceived the thunderings and the lightnings and the noise of the trumpet and the smoking mountain, and as [they] looked they trembled with fear and fell back and stood afar off
          Tiger Lily, I've never heard that before but that is SO interesting! Thanks for sharing!
          1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
            ______

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cricket55 View Post
                Boo...no sound effect.
                sigpic Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Comment

I've enjoyed this thread. Even with Trump winning I'm still looking up. My heart longs to be with the Lord.

Comment

This reminds me of John 12:28-29:

28 Father, glorify your name!

Then a voice came from heaven, I have glorified it, and will glorify it again. 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.
                    I think believers will clearly hear Him when he calls us, but to unbelievers maybe it will simply be 'thunder'?

Comment

Just thinking

Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                      I've always imagined that unbelievers may hear something akin to a dull roar, followed by an incredibly loud thunderclap. By the time their hearing readjusts, they're going to be terrified by the resulting turmoil created in large part by so many people suddenly disappearing from the controls of mechanical contrivances.
                      You know, I used to subscribe to the prediction that maybe even 50-60% of Americans would disappear in the rapture and the "left behind" would be in utter chaos and seek answers, but with everything we are seeing these days, i.e., apostasy in the "church", utter deprevity which seems to permeate the millennials and gen-xers; will anyone even notice the small number who actually disappear?
                      I know many Prophecy "pundits" say the the number of true Christians in the U.S. is probably more like 5-7%. This is really scary to me. I have been making a "file" for my niece (or whoever finds it), that has articles, books, and all info that someone would need to understand the rapture, and some supplies that would be sufficient for a couple of months. But will anyone believe the truth? Just thinking about this since seeing the utter evil that is happening as we speak over the election. Let's face it, as "we the deplorables" over 65 are dying, there seems to be nothing filling the void except evil. But that is what Jesus said would happen.
                      It's so true "you can't cure ignorance with the truth".

Comment

I think the explanations upstream are much more Biblically based. That said, I have kept this mp3 recording of a shofar being played for years now. I listen to it from time to time and it cheers me up tremendously!
                        www.mtg-technologies.com/temp/Shofar.mp3 Hope you enjoy it!
                        "Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God..."

Comment

Thanks for posting the shofar play.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigMoose View Post
                            I think the explanations upstream are much more Biblically based. That said, I have kept this mp3 recording of a shofar being played for years now. I listen to it from time to time and it cheers me up tremendously!
                            www.mtg-technologies.com/temp/Shofar.mp3 Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks BigMoose for sharing this, it is one of my favorites. I remember playing it for my granddaughter and telling her to listen for it and when it comes to look up because Jesus is coming for us. From time to time I will paste it on her facebook page so she knows I'm thinking of her. She enjoys hearing it.
                            John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Comment

Originally posted by madcat View Post
                              You know, I used to subscribe to the prediction that maybe even 50-60% of Americans would disappear in the rapture and the "left behind" would be in utter chaos and seek answers, but with everything we are seeing these days, i.e., apostasy in the "church", utter deprevity which seems to permeate the millennials and gen-xers; will anyone even notice the small number who actually disappear?
                              I know many Prophecy "pundits" say the the number of true Christians in the U.S. is probably more like 5-7%. This is really scary to me. I have been making a "file" for my niece (or whoever finds it), that has articles, books, and all info that someone would need to understand the rapture, and some supplies that would be sufficient for a couple of months. But will anyone believe the truth? Just thinking about this since seeing the utter evil that is happening as we speak over the election. Let's face it, as "we the deplorables" over 65 are dying, there seems to be nothing filling the void except evil. But that is what Jesus said would happen.
                              It's so true "you can't cure ignorance with the truth".

I think I agree with you on that!! When JESUS comes back , will he find any that have faith?? He said there would be few who found the true path.(paraphrasing here) I think the deception going on now is mounting. There are many who are proud in JESUS and not looking at their sin anymore. It almost seems that I must fight against this hardening everyday by seeking his face and getting on my knees. The evil in this world is getting worse and worse, it becomes harder to watch.

My sin these days is pride and righteous indignation at the sin and evil I see in other people. I have to look at myself and see my sin and love these people by telling them about Jesus. It's so hard for me because I am very introverted. Sorry for going on so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X