Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rapture trumpet sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by BigMoose View Post
    Since so many have enjoyed the sound of the shofar, I thought I would share a real experience from about 7 years ago. Keep in mind I am getting a bit hard of hearing, and sometimes my ears seem to do funny things, but not to the point of having hearing aids at the time (but I now have one.)

    I was taking my two daughters to breakfast with the oldest's now husband. We were headed to the city from our rural area on a 2 lane road. All of a sudden I "heard it" back behind the vehicle, the rumble that became, at least to me, the grand shofar calling. The sound enveloped the car and "rolled" around and out in front of the car. I said "how can this be?" Then the sound enveloped us and got louder, it seemed to rotate around the car! I got excited thinking "could this be IT?" I actually pulled the car off the road, put it in park, and said to my 3 passengers "Can you hear it?"

    I then looked up to the cloud cover and in my heart was waiting for the clouds to part, the light to shine through, and us to start arising... I was totally at peace, and so gloriously expectant! The rolling trumpet sound got louder and louder....

    Then ... the sound faded... For a year I looked for the source of that sound. I finally found an air raid (tornado) siren about 1/2 mile away. I have never heard that siren exercised before or after... so to a degree, this experience was a bit of a mystery. Of course, it could have been a test of the tornado siren, bouncing off of heavy and low cloud cover, heard by a guy developing hearing anomaly.

    Could this be a model of "the shout?" I don't know. I do know, that at the time, I really DID think "THIS IS IT!" ... and my heart leapt with joy!
    Love this story! It must have been disappointing on one hand, yet wonderful to get a taste of the joy we will feel!
    Toots

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by BigMoose View Post
      Since so many have enjoyed the sound of the shofar, I thought I would share a real experience from about 7 years ago. Keep in mind I am getting a bit hard of hearing, and sometimes my ears seem to do funny things, but not to the point of having hearing aids at the time (but I now have one.)

      I was taking my two daughters to breakfast with the oldest's now husband. We were headed to the city from our rural area on a 2 lane road. All of a sudden I "heard it" back behind the vehicle, the rumble that became, at least to me, the grand shofar calling. The sound enveloped the car and "rolled" around and out in front of the car. I said "how can this be?" Then the sound enveloped us and got louder, it seemed to rotate around the car! I got excited thinking "could this be IT?" I actually pulled the car off the road, put it in park, and said to my 3 passengers "Can you hear it?"

      I then looked up to the cloud cover and in my heart was waiting for the clouds to part, the light to shine through, and us to start arising... I was totally at peace, and so gloriously expectant! The rolling trumpet sound got louder and louder....

      Then ... the sound faded... For a year I looked for the source of that sound. I finally found an air raid (tornado) siren about 1/2 mile away. I have never heard that siren exercised before or after... so to a degree, this experience was a bit of a mystery. Of course, it could have been a test of the tornado siren, bouncing off of heavy and low cloud cover, heard by a guy developing hearing anomaly.

      Could this be a model of "the shout?" I don't know. I do know, that at the time, I really DID think "THIS IS IT!" ... and my heart leapt with joy!
      Lol... we have a train track about half a mile away. I was sitting out on the deck on a warm night, praying, praising and worshipping. I had closed my eyes and was imagining what it might be like when the Rapture happens. Then that old train whistle split the night and I came about three feet off the deck, but it wasn't time yet.

      Comment


      • #33
        trump - trumpet. lol. a sign !? i just want to go home. this world is so ugly now

        Comment


        • #34
          Hey Guys (and Gals) don't be running off to Home, yet, we still got work to do! I always tell people that when I have finished with what God has assigned, I will be gone. That goes for were I work (I keep telling them I won't be there much longer) as well as for here on Earth. Until then, they have to put up with me

          That said, the topic here is what will the "lost" hear?
          Hmmmm, one other possibility comes to mind, as a picture of the Rapture:
          Has anyone considered Joshua 6?

          15 But it came to pass on the seventh day that they rose early, about the dawning of the day, and marched around the city seven times in the same manner. On that day only they marched around the city seven times. 16 And the seventh time it happened, when the priests blew the trumpets, that Joshua said to the people: “Shout, for the Lord has given you the city! 17 Now the city shall be doomed by the Lord to destruction,
          The moment the trumpets blew and there was a shout, the city was doomed.
          (the world is doomed, and all that is in it, will be destroyed)

          But the people of God were to take nothing from the city.
          (we take nothing when we leave)

          And yet a tiny remnant was preserved.
          (Rahab and her family, from Jericho, and the 144000 sealed ones, in the Tribulation)

          Those who were doomed very likely heard the trumpet, and the shout, but it would have been unintelligible to them (as anyone who has heard an army shout can testify). There were increasing signs leading up to that time, but when the trumpet sounded, it was too late for them.

          Comment


          • #35
            We will always have things to do this side for the Lord. But I would not be unhappy to hear the trumpet sound.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by cricket55 View Post
              We will always have things to do this side for the Lord. But I would not be unhappy to hear the trumpet sound.
              Well, now, that I can agree with!

              Comment


              • #37
                I heard a noise

                I heard a noise while living in San Antonio last year, it sounded like the break of a big rig, but amplified 1000x, came from above. after searching the internet I came across several videos of the same noise, I believe it is an atmospheric phenomena and that it has to do with ozone layer. maybe being malformed from some cosmic event. anyways....
                If Christianity was a crime...... will there be enough evidence to convict you.....?
                Don't leave a reasonable doubt

                Comment


                • #38
                  Numbers 10:7 And when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not blow an alarm:

                  I don't know what the trumpet of God, or the voice of an Archangel sounds like, but I expect we shall all know - perhaps soon!

                  When the congregation of Israel was to be gathered, the priests were to blow two silver trumpets, to signal, but not to alarm. As a student of Biblical prophecy, I note how prophetic themes are sometimes foreshadowed in legal precepts. For instance the layout of Heaven in the Revelation has obvious association with the ancient Tabernacle. Thus a study of the Revelation is helped if one has a grasp of typology as seen in the Tabernacle.

                  So might not that trumpet we so long to hear in-gathering the congregation and signaling our home call, not be such as those silver trumpets in Numbers 10:7?

                  Just a thought,

                  Marvin

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I think we will know it when we hear it.
                    2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
                      Numbers 10:7 And when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not blow an alarm:

                      I don't know what the trumpet of God, or the voice of an Archangel sounds like, but I expect we shall all know - perhaps soon!

                      When the congregation of Israel was to be gathered, the priests were to blow two silver trumpets, to signal, but not to alarm. As a student of Biblical prophecy, I note how prophetic themes are sometimes foreshadowed in legal precepts. For instance the layout of Heaven in the Revelation has obvious association with the ancient Tabernacle. Thus a study of the Revelation is helped if one has a grasp of typology as seen in the Tabernacle.

                      So might not that trumpet we so long to hear in-gathering the congregation and signaling our home call, not be such as those silver trumpets in Numbers 10:7?

                      Just a thought,

                      Marvin
                      The typology and parallels throughout Scripture truly amaze me!
                      One of my favorite scriptures is Luke 24:27 "Then beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He interpreted for them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures."

                      I've been studying the Exodus and the similarities it has with the bowl judgments of Revelation 16, and also the Revelation 15 song and the Exodus 15 song.

                      I get blown away when I grasp certain things in Scripture...typology is one of those things.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                        The typology and parallels throughout Scripture truly amaze me!
                        One of my favorite scriptures is Luke 24:27 "Then beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He interpreted for them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures."

                        I've been studying the Exodus and the similarities it has with the bowl judgments of Revelation 16, and also the Revelation 15 song and the Exodus 15 song.

                        I get blown away when I grasp certain things in Scripture...typology is one of those things.
                        I always feel like when God does something once He will usually repeat the process.

                        So when He judged the world once (with a flood) you probably should listen when He says he'll do it again (Tribulation)
                        Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by G Moorish View Post
                          Numbers 10:7 And when the congregation is to be gathered together, ye shall blow, but ye shall not blow an alarm:

                          I don't know what the trumpet of God, or the voice of an Archangel sounds like, but I expect we shall all know - perhaps soon!

                          When the congregation of Israel was to be gathered, the priests were to blow two silver trumpets, to signal, but not to alarm. As a student of Biblical prophecy, I note how prophetic themes are sometimes foreshadowed in legal precepts. For instance the layout of Heaven in the Revelation has obvious association with the ancient Tabernacle. Thus a study of the Revelation is helped if one has a grasp of typology as seen in the Tabernacle.

                          So might not that trumpet we so long to hear in-gathering the congregation and signaling our home call, not be such as those silver trumpets in Numbers 10:7?

                          Just a thought,

                          Marvin
                          This is my understanding of it. The silver trumpet (trumpets), rather than the shofar, seems more in keeping with the way Paul uses the word "trumpet" elsewhere (outside of the places referring specifically to our rapture). JMHO.

                          That, along with the fact that the reference in Matt 24:36 is not set in the context of our rapture, but is instead referring to the circumstances surrounding His Second Coming for the start of the MK (meaning, it pertains to Israel). People often make the correlation ("no man knows the day or hour" [noting this is a specific date]) but, I believe, mistake the application (mistaking this text to be about our rapture, when it's a Second Coming reference instead).

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
                            This is my understanding of it. The silver trumpet (trumpets), rather than the shofar, seems more in keeping with the way Paul uses the word "trumpet" elsewhere (outside of the places referring specifically to our rapture). JMHO.

                            That, along with the fact that the reference in Matt 24:36 is not set in the context of our rapture, but is instead referring to the circumstances surrounding His Second Coming for the start of the MK (meaning, it pertains to Israel). People often make the correlation ("no man knows the day or hour" [noting this is a specific date]) but, I believe, mistake the application (mistaking this text to be about our rapture, when it's a Second Coming reference instead).
                            Don't overlook, though, that the Day of The Lord begins in darkness (Re: Joel 2 - For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand: A day of darkness and gloominess,), and that each Day with the Lord begins with Evening (Re: Genesis 1 - The Evening and the Morning were the First Day)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                              Don't overlook, though, that the Day of The Lord begins in darkness (Re: Joel 2 - For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand: A day of darkness and gloominess,), and that each Day with the Lord begins with Evening (Re: Genesis 1 - The Evening and the Morning were the First Day)
                              I agree about that, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with anything I put. Can you maybe clarify a bit? Thanks, brother!

                              Are you saying that because Joel 2 mentions a "shofar" that this means the day of the Lord will be heralded with it? I don't see the text that way. It seems to me that Joel 2 is just saying that the shofar will be in it (IN the day of the Lord / trib... but not BEFORE it / heralding it). I'd like to hear your thoughts... or at least clarify what you were saying, so I can grasp your meaning. Thanks again!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
                                This is my understanding of it. The silver trumpet (trumpets), rather than the shofar, seems more in keeping with the way Paul uses the word "trumpet" elsewhere (outside of the places referring specifically to our rapture). JMHO.

                                That, along with the fact that the reference in Matt 24:36 is not set in the context of our rapture, but is instead referring to the circumstances surrounding His Second Coming for the start of the MK (meaning, it pertains to Israel). People often make the correlation ("no man knows the day or hour" [noting this is a specific date]) but, I believe, mistake the application (mistaking this text to be about our rapture, when it's a Second Coming reference instead).
                                I homed in on the reference to the Millennial Kingdom here, maybe more than I should have. I thought you might be pushing more separation of the Tribulation from the MK than is warranted.

                                Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                                Don't overlook, though, that the Day of The Lord begins in darkness (Re: Joel 2 - For the day of the Lord is coming, For it is at hand: A day of darkness and gloominess,), and that each Day with the Lord begins with Evening (Re: Genesis 1 - The Evening and the Morning were the First Day)
                                Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
                                I agree about that, but I'm not seeing what that has to do with anything I put. Can you maybe clarify a bit? Thanks, brother!

                                Are you saying that because Joel 2 mentions a "shofar" that this means the day of the Lord will be heralded with it? I don't see the text that way. It seems to me that Joel 2 is just saying that the shofar will be in it (IN the day of the Lord / trib... but not BEFORE it / heralding it). I'd like to hear your thoughts... or at least clarify what you were saying, so I can grasp your meaning. Thanks again!
                                I was just pointing out that the Great Tribulation is actually part of the final age, as the Day of the Lord begins at night, with the darkness and gloom. Most people think it begins with the Second Coming, when Day breaks over the Earth. I have had some Mid-Tribbers and Pre-Wrath types try to show that the first three and a half years are under the control of man, and the second three and a half years are under control of Satan. They miss, entirely, that the Lord is in control.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X