Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok so what's all this talk about September...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Samuel 2 "male child" link found for BorrowedTime!

BorrowedTime,

Your question:
    Was the Church around or even a concept back from Genesis to Romans?
    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?2007...34#post2634434

My answer:
    The answer was absolutely Yes! But it was a mystery! And it was right to look in 1 Samuel 2.
    It took me months of reading to find this link!

-------------------------------------- OLD TESTAMENT ---------------------------------
    1 Samuel 2
    "35 Then I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who shall do according to what is in My heart and in My mind. I will build him a sure house, and he shall walk before My anointed forever."

The link from 1 Samuel 2 was Jeremiah 31

Jeremiah 31
    A New Covenant
    31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them,[a] says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

The link between 1 Samuel 2:35 and Jeremiah 31:33 is...

1 Samuel 2:35 in My heart ... in My mind
    Jeremiah 31:33 in their minds ... on their hearts

Notice the Perspective changed from God's perspective talking about the singular "faithful priest" to God's perspective talking about the plural "their" as a forgiven people that belong to Him.

Notice the Reversal of the singular heart... then... mind --vs-- minds... then... hearts plural.

VERY MYSTERIOUS!!!! I believe this was truly a lock that has just been unlocked!

We can easily see the correlation now:
    man child vs children
    Just like Isaiah 66:8

So:
    Samuel is the "male child".
    Samuel is "a faithful priest" because this prophecy is actually about Samuel too.
    "a faithful priest" = "their" (plural, children) Isaiah 66:8
    "a faithful priest" = "For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."
    "a faithful priest" = FORGIVEN! Which means the faithful priest was a sinner.

Isaiah 66:8
    Who has heard such a thing?
    Who has seen such things?
    Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day?
    Or shall a nation be born at once?
    For as soon as Zion was in labor,
    She gave birth to her children.

-----------------------------------END OLD TESTAMENT ---------------------------------
    -----------------------------------NEW TESTAMENT --------------------------------------
    Drum-Roll Please !!!!!
    Hebrews 8

A New Covenant
    7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds[b] I will remember no more."

Gee, This looks so familiar... I wonder what it could be... ?
    OOhhh... Paul literally copy and pasted Jeremiah 31 right into his letter to the Hebrews. (I bet Paul had to right-click on the paper to get the menu to pop-up!)

Now why on earth would Paul do that?
    Lets go back a chapter and figure out the CONTEXT!

NKJV Bible:

Hebrews 7
    Topic summary:
    The King of Righteousness
    Need for a New Priesthood
    Greatness of the New Priest

Hebrews 8
    Topic Summary:
    The New Priestly Service
    A New Covenant

Hebrews 7-8 is talking about the new King as a new Priest...
    But Jeremiah 31 didn't mention anything about a priest...? What's going on here?
    Jeremiah wasn't directly talking about a singular priest... but Jeremiah was using a HIDDEN reference to 1 Samuel 2:35 "faithful priest" as a plural entity "their" who are forgiven by the Lord. Paul figured this mystery out! Paul understood that Jeremiah pointed back to 1 Samuel 2 for the "faithful priest" as he was talking about the Heavenly Priest!

SCORE !!!!!

Paul figured out that Samuel is symbolic of the Church! How do we know that? The New Covenant...

The New Covenant as defined by Jesus Christ Himself:
    Luke 22:19-20
    And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying,
    “This cup is the new covenant in My blood
    , which is shed for you.”

YOU are the "male child" !!!!!!

If you believe that Jesus died on the cross as THE blood atonement for your sins ... Romans 10:9-10

Comment

• I don't think Paul wrote Hebrews.

Go back and look at each of the Epistles written by Paul (Romans through Philemon)

First word is always Paul.

Paul was very adamant to write his name due to forgeries.

Hebrews does not have Paul's trademark signature.

We are back to where we started.

Male child is irrelevant to the Body of Christ.
      Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG_Vet View Post
        33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
        This particular passage seems to be talking about... Israel.

Comment

• Actually, another side note. I believe that the Book of Hebrews is still in relations to the Kingdom Gospel. Israel was promised to rule over all nations and its priests would also be for the world. Christ being the Head Priest. With Christ ruling from Jerusalem.

All these promises of the Kingdom Gospel. Made to and for Israel. Which was put on pause when they stoned Stephen.

Remember Israel rejected

God, the Father (when John the Baptist paved the way)

God, the Son (when they crucified Jesus Christ)

And God, the Holy Spirit (Stephen pleads with Israel as to why they reject the Holy Spirit).

So Israel, respectfully, rejected God on all parts of the Godhead. At which point Jesus got ahold of Saul (who was there when they stoned Stephen) and introduced the Gospel of Grace in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

We have been given a greater covenant in Grace. But Paul warns us in Romans to not think we have replaced Israel and their promises in any way.

We will be harptzoed with no sign.

Edit: and accepted put it down faster than I could write my long winded post.
          Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by acceptedintheBeloved View Post
            This particular passage seems to be talking about... Israel.
            Nope... read a few verses before it... Jeremiah wrote down "31 Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant"

Comment

• Seems interesting! I like it!
              "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
              -Joel 2: 30-32a

Comment

• Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                I don't think Paul wrote Hebrews.
                Go back and look at each of the Epistles written by Paul (Romans through Philemon)
                First word is always Paul.
                Paul was very adamant to write his name due to forgeries.
                Hebrews does not have Paul's trademark signature.
                We are back to where we started.
                Male child is irrelevant to the Body of Christ.
                Someone wrote Hebrews. It doesn't matter who wrote it. Someone figured out the clever link between 1 Samuel and Jeremiah.
                Whoever wrote Hebrews copied Jeremiah's New Covenant passage into Hebrews. Including the verse with the clever wording.
                Whoever wrote Hebrews was writing about the new High Priest (Jesus Christ).
                Jeremiah's passage about the new covenant didn't contain a single word about a "priest" but the writer of Hebrews used it in context with discovering who the High priest is.
                The priest context in Hebrews came from 1 Samuel using the very clever wording between the two verses to link THROUGH Jeremiah.

Comment

• Originally posted by BorrowedTime View Post
                  Actually, another side note. I believe that the Book of Hebrews is still in relations to the Kingdom Gospel. Israel was promised to rule over all nations and its priests would also be for the world. Christ being the Head Priest. With Christ ruling from Jerusalem.

All these promises of the Kingdom Gospel. Made to and for Israel. Which was put on pause when they stoned Stephen.

Remember Israel rejected

God, the Father (when John the Baptist paved the way)

God, the Son (when they crucified Jesus Christ)

And God, the Holy Spirit (Stephen pleads with Israel as to why they reject the Holy Spirit).

So Israel, respectfully, rejected God on all parts of the Godhead. At which point Jesus got ahold of Saul (who was there when they stoned Stephen) and introduced the Gospel of Grace in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4.

We have been given a greater covenant in Grace. But Paul warns us in Romans to not think we have replaced Israel and their promises in any way.

We will be harptzoed with no sign.

Edit: and accepted put it down faster than I could write my long winded post.
                  1 Samuel 2 "faithful priest" singular! Context of the entire verse is also talking about the future New Jerusalem.
                  Samuel, the "male child" (are you really arguing against this?) LITERALLY became a faithful priest! I mean literally!
                  Jeremiah 31 PROVES that the "faithful priest" is "their" or the Church! Forgiven by God through the New Covenant!
                  Since Samuel is also the "faithful priest" and the "male child", the Church is also the "faithful priest" thus, the Church is the "male child"!

Jeremiah 31 No mention of priest, but does mention "their" plural!
                  The context of the entire passage is about the New Covenant. "their" are a forgiven people.
                  Jeremiah 31 is defining the receivers of the new covenant "their"! God is forgiving "their" by shedding of His blood! THIS IS THE CHURCH!
                  "their" is LITERALLY the Church under the new covenant!

Hebrews 7-8 "High Priest" singular! Context of both chapters is about the identity of the High Priest and the New Covenant. The "priest" context came from 1 Samuel 2 through Jeremiah 31. How can you argue with this? It's impossible! Jeremiah 31 didn't mention a single word for "priest". The writer of Hebrews linked through Jeremiah to gain access to the "faithful priest" in 1 Samuel so that Hebrews stayed in context of the High Priest.

The "male child" being in 1 Samuel 1 is absolutely important or it wouldn't be in the Bible!
                  And God "remembered" (Hebrew zakar) Hannah and gave her the "male child" she prayed for;

And God "remembered" (Hebrew zakar) Noah, and EVERY LIVING THING (Noah's wife and kids), and all the live stock on that boat, during the actual flood! Genesis 8:1

We are in the time period "as in the days of Noah"!

Isaiah 66 The Hebrew root for the word used for "male child" (Hebrew zakar) is the same root word used for "remembered" (Hebrew zakar)

You can disagree on this. I can see that the Word is absolutely inspired by God!

The Bible is screaming at us! I mean SCREAMING! !!!11!!!!!one!1!!1!!

Isaiah 66 is about the Dedication Ceremony of the Future New Jerusalem, New Kingdom, with THE King!
                  I'm working on proving this!
                  BOTH of the 1st and 2nd Temples had a dedication ceremony! On the Feast of Trumpets!
                  This IMHO is why the Feast of Trumpets is Holy to the Lord! Still researching this. Could take me another couple of months. But I'm getting close! I'm on the trail.

The Head:
                  1st Temple dedication ceremony, on the Feast of Trumpets, was with "elders", "heads", "fathers",the "King" (Solomon), and the Ark of the Covenant! The Head!
                  1 Kings 8
                  And
                  2 Chronicles 5-7

The Body:
                  2nd Temple dedication ceremony, on the Feast of Trumpets, was with just the "children" ... gathered together... "as one man" (man child)! No elders, no heads, no fathers, no King, and no Ark of the Covenant... Just people! The Body! the "children" ... gathered together... "as one man" (man child)!
                  Ezra 3
                  and
                  Nehemiah Chapter 7 (the last verse) and Chapter 8

Comment

Someone wrote Hebrews.
                    You're right. Someone did. Lord knows who. But we are commanded by 2 Timothy 2:15 to rightfully divide the Word of Truth.

Paul himself magnified his position to the Gentiles with tremendous zeal. We also know Jesus came in His earthly ministry for the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, that the Body of Christ was a MYSTERY and that the temporary blinding too Israel was also a mystery.

In Acts we distinctively see

“Simon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:”
                    **Acts‬ *15:14-16‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/act.15.14-16.kjv

This verse shows us a gap exists between the fulfillment of the Mosaic Covenant (conditional) and the Davidoc Covenant (unconditional) I.e. Kingdom Gospel.

It doesn't matter who wrote it.
                    It really does if you are trying to say it was Paul to make something forceably fit.

Who,what,when where and why are very important.

Someone figured out the clever link between 1 Samuel and Jeremiah.
                    Whoever wrote Hebrews copied Jeremiah's New Covenant passage into Hebrews. Including the verse with the clever wording.
                    There are many passage throughout Jesus' ministry where he actually quotes a book of the Old Testament. It's one of the identifying marks we have from God that he is the author of the Bible.

Whoever wrote Hebrews was writing about the new High Priest (Jesus Christ).
                    Jeremiah's passage about the new covenant didn't contain a single word about a "priest" but the writer of Hebrews used it in context with discovering who the High priest is.
                    The priest context in Hebrews came from 1 Samuel using the very clever wording between the two verses to link THROUGH Jeremiah.
                    The last word in Revelation is Amen. That connects Genesis all the way through Revelation so that's a mute point. We still must rightfully divide.

1) Who was Hebrews written to?
                    2) what does the word "mystery" mean?
                    3) why through the Bible does God always address and treat Israel and Gentiles differently until Paul and the mystery of the Body of Christ?
                    4) why does the "Rev 12 sign" HAVE to be for the Church?
                    5) why are all the "birth pang" signs not enough for witnessing to non believers and we have to use Rev 12?
                    6) what happens if nothing happens on that day?
                    7) what happens if the rapture is before that?

You can disagree on this. I can see that the Word is absolutely inspired by God!
                    Well we can disagree true. However the last part of your sentence is disturbing. As if I somehow do not take the Bible as His Authroitive God Breathed Word?

That statement is used in that manner by the likes of Ellen White, Joseph Smith, and Charles Russell to name a few. And they are cult leaders.

I'm more than aware of the Hebrews and Jeremiah connection. It actually goes back further to Moses.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.”
                    **Exodus‬ *34:27-28‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/exo.34.27-28.kjv

“The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.”
                    **Deuteronomy‬ *5:2-3‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/deu.5.2-3.kjv

“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
                    **Jeremiah‬ *31:31-34‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/jer.31.31-34.kjv

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
                    **Matthew‬ *5:17-18‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/mat.5.17-18.kjv

“Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.”
                    **Hebrews‬ *8:9‬ *KJV‬‬
                    http://bible.com/1/heb.8.9.kjv
                    Last edited by BorrowedTime; July 25th, 2017, 11:48 AM. Reason: Added Deuteronomy 5

Comment

• A. I very much love, love, love you and everyone here as brothers and sisters in Christ! <hugs> Very much love!

B. We both KNOW that every word in all books of the Bible Genesis-Revevelation are inspired (authored) by God.

C.
                      Originally posted by BorrowedTime
                      It really does if you are trying to say it was Paul to make something forceably fit.
                      Who,what,when where and why are very important.
                      I'm NOT trying to forcibly say Paul penned Hebrews. That is just an assumption many people held in the past. I really don't care who penned it.
                      The word "Paul" in reference to Hebrews probably didn't need to be in this discussion. So I gracefully retract using it. That was distracting.

And it's not important who penned Hebrews.
                      If it was important... then Hebrews wouldn't be missing the name of the person who penned it... But it is missing.
                      So the author of Hebrews (God) must have thought it was wasn't important.
                      This is a rabbit trail that has no bearing on the discussion. Moving on.

D.
                      Originally posted by BorrowedTime
                      1) Who was Hebrews written to?
                      2) what does the word "mystery" mean?
                      3) why through the Bible does God always address and treat Israel and Gentiles differently until Paul and the mystery of the Body of Christ?
                      4) why does the "Rev 12 sign" HAVE to be for the Church?
                      5) why are all the "birth pang" signs not enough for witnessing to non believers and we have to use Rev 12?
                      6) what happens if nothing happens on that day?
                      7) what happens if the rapture is before that?
                      1) Another rabbit trail. Nobody knows. It's NOT important because the Author (God) didn't inspire the writer to pen who the actual audience was into the letter.

2) Well... Ephesians pretty much takes care of the "mystery" (I believe this is the same "mystery" you were referring too). I don't want to quote the whole book but Paul was writing to the saints that the mystery that was revealed to him through Lord Jesus Christ:

(My notes) on the "mystery" in Ephesians NKJV:
                      "to the SAINTS who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus" (obvious the audience is the Body of Christ here)
                      "He chose us in Him" (also similar wording in Jeremiah 31:33 passage quoted in Hebrews "...and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.")
                      "predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself" (same as above and a hint to Isaiah 66 sons!)
                      "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins" (the New Covenant Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8)
                      "having made known to us the mystery of His will" (mystery... of His will)
                      "IN the DISPENSATION of the FULLNESS of the TIMES He might GATHER TOGETHER in ONE" (WHOA!!!) "ALL THINGS in CHRIST" (You just helped me on my other research on the Feast of Trumpets and the Dedication Ceremony for both 1st and 2nd Temples) Woo HOO! Thank you!
                      "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance" (makes since because we are sons)
                      . (Grace by Faith)
                      . (Circumcision of the flesh brought close by the blood of Christ.)
                      "but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (New Jerusalem citizen!)
                      "in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit" (Interesting imagery here)

Basically the "mystery" penned in Ephesians is what Jeremiah 31 said ... was to the saints...

3) I don't think it started with Paul. Jesus started it. I remember one case with the Gentile woman Matthew 15:21-28. Jesus forgave the gentile woman before He died on the cross. Jesus made that decision towards the Gentile woman because of her faith. But it was also predicted in Jeremiah 31:31-32 where God took them by the hand and lead them out of Egypt but they still broke the covenant. So God made a new covenant. Jesus paid for the covenant at the cross!

4) I didn't mention the Rev12 alignment. I've found a completely different route of discovery through the Biblical recorded Temple Dedication Ceremonies. This post is specifically about identifying the idea of the Church in the Old Testament. The Church is the "faithful priest" or the "male child".
                      I'm not looking at the alignment now...! I'm looking at God's Word!

5) You want to limit our knowledge of the Word? I always want to know and understand more of the Word!

6) Continue to occupy until He comes! Continue to study the Word and learn new things! Continue to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

7) GREAT! SWEET! Where do you want to meet up at the Wedding Ceremony?

"I can see that the Word is absolutely inspired by God!" This sentence came out with the wrong context from my head. I apologize for how that one was received.
                      What I was thinking when I wrote it was to the links that I see written in the Word of God are Inspired. Links that I didn't imagine up, but are penned in the Word.
                      Old covenant vs New covenant; head vs body; male child vs children; "faithful priest" vs "their"
                      A link like this:
                      1 Samuel 2:35 in My heart ... in My mind
                      Jeremiah 31:33 in their minds ... on their hearts

I'm positive the "New Covenant" appeared in the Old Testament somewhere before Jeremiah, you give potential examples of EXODUS and DEUTERONOMY. But I find this passage in Jeremiah 31 to be an important pivot point in the Word.

Comment

1) Another rabbit trail. Nobody knows. It's NOT important because the Author (God) didn't inspire the writer to pen who the actual audience was into the letter.
                        Jumping to here as I agree we can/should avoid rabbit trails that don't pertain to this discussion.

2) Well... Ephesians pretty much takes care of the "mystery" (I believe this is the same "mystery" you were referring too). I don't want to quote the whole book but Paul was writing to the saints that the mystery that was revealed to him through Lord Jesus Christ:
                        Paul was revealed 7 mysteries from Christ upon his conversion from Saul

1. Secret of the Gospel of Grace (Romans 16:25-26). There's actually a list of differences between what the 12 Apostles preached vs Paul I.e water baptism vs no water/spiritual
                        2. Secret of the Blinding of Israel (Romans 11:25-27)
                        3. Secret of the Rapture and resurrection of the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 15:51-53
                        4. The secret of the one body (Ephesians 3:1-9)
                        5. Secret of Heavenly Citizenship
                        6. Secret of His Will
                        7. Secret of Gods Grace

The mystery I am looking at is mystery of the blinding of Israel.

“For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:”
                        **Romans‬ *11:25-26‬ *KJV‬‬
                        http://bible.com/1/rom.11.25-26.kjv

The Age of Grace is also the Age of the Gentiles. It's a gap between the fulfillment of the Davidoc Covenant where Jesus will LITERALLY rule from Jerusalem as both King of Kings and High Priest. Which was why i quoted Acts 15 as this marked the council in Jerusalem where the 12 Apostles where informed of this and made the call they did.

(My notes) on the "mystery" in Ephesians NKJV:
                        "to the SAINTS who are in Ephesus, and faithful in Christ Jesus" (obvious the audience is the Body of Christ here)
                        "He chose us in Him" (also similar wording in Jeremiah 31:33 passage quoted in Hebrews "...and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.")
                        "predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself" (same as above and a hint to Isaiah 66 sons!)
                        "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins" (the New Covenant Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8)
                        "having made known to us the mystery of His will" (mystery... of His will)
                        "IN the DISPENSATION of the FULLNESS of the TIMES He might GATHER TOGETHER in ONE" (WHOA!!!) "ALL THINGS in CHRIST" (You just helped me on my other research on the Feast of Trumpets and the Dedication Ceremony for both 1st and 2nd Temples) Woo HOO! Thank you!
                        "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance" (makes since because we are sons)
                        . (Grace by Faith)
                        . (Circumcision of the flesh brought close by the blood of Christ.)
                        "but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God" (New Jerusalem citizen!)
                        "in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit" (Interesting imagery here)
                        Basically the "mystery" penned in Ephesians is what Jeremiah 31 said ... was to the saints...[/quote]

Yes. However that all relates to the Mosaic covenant. We are referring to the Kingdom Gospel (Davids covenant).

Remember all of Israel kept trying to make Jesus king. And He refused the crown multiple times.

3) I don't think it started with Paul. Jesus started it. I remember one case with the Gentile woman Matthew 15:21-28. Jesus forgave the gentile woman before He died on the cross. Jesus made that decision towards the Gentile woman because of her faith. But it was also predicted in Jeremiah 31:31-32 where God took them by the hand and lead them out of Egypt but they still broke the covenant. So God made a new covenant. Jesus paid for the covenant at the cross!
                        Correct.

4) I didn't mention the Rev12 alignment. I've found a completely different route of discovery through the Biblical recorded Temple Dedication Ceremonies. This post is specifically about identifying the idea of the Church in the Old Testament. The Church is the "faithful priest" or the "male child".
                        I'm not looking at the alignment now...! I'm looking at God's Word!
                        The question arose from the Rev 12 sign thread in order to identify whom the male child was.

They are interconnected.

5) You want to limit our knowledge of the Word? I always want to know and understand more of the Word!
                        Knock off the condescending tone please. Just because I won't side with your view doesn't mean I refuse to learn more about the Bible.

6) Continue to occupy until He comes! Continue to study the Word and learn new things! Continue to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
                        Ok.

7) GREAT! SWEET! Where do you want to meet up at the Wedding Ceremony?
                        I think we have a Rapture Ready table already reserved for all of us.

"I can see that the Word is absolutely inspired by God!" This sentence came out with the wrong context from my head. I apologize for how that one was received.
                        That's fine if it's in error. Sword sharpening is great and God loves edifying.

What I was thinking when I wrote it was to the links that I see written in the Word of God are Inspired. Links that I didn't imagine up, but are penned in the Word.
                        Old covenant vs New covenant; head vs body; male child vs children; "faithful priest" vs "their"
                        We should find all sorts of connections through the Bible. However in the Old Testament Gentiles had to get circumsized
                        In order to partake in salvation. In order to be apart of the Mosaic covenant they needed to be circumsized.

I'm positive the "New Covenant" appeared in the Old Testament somewhere before Jeremiah, you give potential examples of EXODUS and DEUTERONOMY. But I find this passage in Jeremiah 31 to be an important pivot point in the Word.
                        The new covenant was always meant to lead towards Christ. That's not something I'm arguing with.

Christ admonished Israel cause with all their laws meant to point them to Him He stood right in front of them and they could realize God came to redeemed Him.

So He took the Gospel to the Gentiles to make Israel jealous. This is the Mystery of Blindness. But it doesn't remove all the other unfulfilled promises made to Israel.

EDIT: I pointed out Jeremiah and Hebrews to show what covenant they were referring to being removed. Notice they both mention when we took you by the hand out of Egypt.

The reason I went back to Exodus and Deuteronomy was to show WHAT covenant was made when Israel was taken by the hand out of Egypt. The Mosaic Covenant

In Samuel (2 Samuel) we see the establishing of the Davidic Covenant.

Comment

• September 23rd revelation 12 sign

Hey I'm new here and looking for answers on this revelation 12 sign on September the 23 as I study scripture I cannot conclude the possibility of revelation 12 happening before the seals are broken I sure understand OUR LORD can and does use the sun the moon and the stars for signs. I'm also of the mind that we are very close to the LORDS return. With that being said. The LORD said at an hour you think not. So I'm just curious what you guys think

Comment

• We don't participate in date-setting here other than to discourage it. I don't believe there is anything special about the date you mentioned in terms of Biblical prophecy. It seems to me you are thinking correctly on the matter, at least from my perspective.

Welcome, by the way. Please take a moment to introduce yourself in our New Members forum. Here's a link to the forum: http://rr-bb.com/forumdisplay.php?28...me-New-Members!
                            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse newman View Post
                              Hey I'm new here and looking for answers on this revelation 12 sign on September the 23 as I study scripture I cannot conclude the possibility of revelation 12 happening before the seals are broken I sure understand OUR LORD can and does use the sun the moon and the stars for signs. I'm also of the mind that we are very close to the LORDS return. With that being said. The LORD said at an hour you think not. So I'm just curious what you guys think
                              Welcome Jesse.

The September phenomena is something that's been making the rounds for a few years now and this year is no different.

Bottom line? Much ado about nothing.

Comments have been turned off but the information this merged thread contains should answer any questions you may have.
                              sigpic
                              Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• The eclipse , judgement, and repentance.

Hi all. I have been studying what many prophecy people have been saying over the last few weeks, about the eclipse,about Sept. 23rd and the revelation 12 sign, and what this all means. Many of them were saying that the eclipse signaled a time of judgement coming upon the gentile world(America). And that there would be a time of 40 days of repenting from sin, and turning to God. Now we are seeing what some are calling the biggest catastrophe to ever hit America unfold in Texas. I fear that this is just the beginning of judgement on our nation if there is not a revival and a turning away from sin. The next few days and months will show if God is truly trying to get our attention. I know that we pre tribbers believe that we will be gone before the tribulation begins, but that doesn't mean that we will not see tough times leading up to it. Pray and Pay. Pray for Texas, and pay attention to end time events. Look up.

Comment

Working...
                                X