Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Bill Salus question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Salus question..

Does anybody read Bill Salus, and what do you think of him as a prophecy writer? I have heard of him and know of at least one who endorses him but, I have not read anything that he has written. I am thinking about starting to read his work, but I don't want to waste my time either, if that is to be the case. Anybody?? Thanks.
    The cross, or the world.... your choice.

Don't waste your time or money on Salus.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

I read one of his books, Israelistine, and I wasn't impressed. There is too much speculation and not enough solid evidence in my opinion. He is to prophecy interpretation what ambulance chasers are to the legal system.

Comment

Another then....

OK.. I won't waste my time with Salus... I have started reading Perry Stone's "Unleashing the Beast". Very confusing. I had gotten this one some time ago, read something about him on the internet and put the book in storage. Now, I see that Stone is listed as a prophecy "expert" on Who's Who on this site. I am only two days into reading this and I am confused. I wonder if he isn't also. He maintains that the Beast is to be a Muslim radical, ruling from 7 hilled Constantinople initially.. from there? I have to put this one down for now. Very confusing, there are tangents that he takes that I just don't understand.

Comment

A lot of us wouldn't recommend Perry Stone either. I recommend www.slbc.org for a list of online sermons that are biblically based sermons that you can trust. Most of them are on the gospel of John, but not all. If interested, you will need to click on Sermon Archive. imho, many prophecy teachers do not do a very good job of accurately teaching Scripture. The late Lewis Sperry
          Chafer and anyone else from Dallas Theological Seminary will likely have some prophecy teaching that you will find to be accurate.
          sigpic
          -Lynn

Comment

I should have asked before I commented, what exactly are you looking for exactly? B/c if you want a quick read w/ a kinda "Scripturally plausible" plot; it's not a bad book. Kind of like "Band of Brothers" mini series was based on the real lives of EZ company; that's what this book is to prophecy. I only referred to him as I did b/c he seems to want to read into today's headlines and make prophecy fit. Couple that w/ his use of capital letters in Israelistine, and when I read it, I picture the voice of the Sham Wow guy in my head and it creeps me out.
            So if you're looking to kill sometime, why not? Check it against Scripture if something doesn't sit well w/ you. On the other hand, if you're looking for a serious study on prophecy, I would avoid it.

Comment

Bill Salus

Originally posted by thoughtwrite View Post
              OK.. I won't waste my time with Salus...
              To say you won't waste your time with Bill Salus because a couple of people told you so is very limiting, don't you think? Everyone on this web board has an opinion about end time events and not a one of them does not end in speculation. I read Bill Salus' book Psalm 83, and found it very informative and enlightening. I've heard him speak on the internet and I believe he's a born again Christian, not a prophecy ambulance chaser, as someone stated.
              Last edited by Steve53; January 6th, 2015, 12:11 AM. Reason: Fixed quotation box

Comment

Does anybody read Bill Salus, and what do you think of him as a prophecy writer? I have heard of him and know of at least one who endorses him but, I have not read anything that he has written. I am thinking about starting to read his work, but I don't want to waste my time either, if that is to be the case. Anybody?? Thanks.
                I would recommend Terry James' articles. He is on the main board under Featured End Time Writers. His 10 articles "Facing a Fearful Future" (I think that's the title but could be a little different, maybe "Scanning a Fearful Future.") Anyway, I found those 10 articles about end time events to be very interesting, and he has written many articles about bible prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by bluefade View Post
                  To say ..
                  You bit off a chunk there bluefade. Let's deal with some your remarks shall we?

...you won't waste your time with Bill Salus because a couple of people told you so is very limiting, don't you think?
                  Our members know of Salus and he has failed to impress a majority of the board and not without good reason(s). The OP came here specifically asking for opinions regarding Salus. Where else do you suggest one go other than an impartial forum wherein the members study the Word in the manner of the Bereans?

Do a word search - the forums contain many a reference to Salus and his writings. There is much to be concerned about and you should be also. Discernment for most people, is something that has to be developed over time and when we see someone about to step into traffic, we will warn them about oncoming semi's.

Everyone on this web board has an opinion about end time events and not a one of them does not end in speculation.
                  Not true by a long shot. Speculation is something we strive to avoid in keeping with our exegetical and hermeneutic approach to Scriptural interpretation.

I read Bill Salus' book Psalm 83, and found it very informative and enlightening.
                  And here you're expressing your opinion. And how is that different from what others are doing?

You come rushing to his defense and that's fine, but be aware that the questions regarding his textual and contextual contortions can be tackled one by one if necessary but the Mod team will be watching along with the members to guard against confusing those less familiar with his postulations.

I've heard him speak on the internet and I believe he's a born again Christian,...
                  As far as I am aware no-one has called Salus' Christianity into question so I'm not sure why you even brought that up.

...not a prophecy ambulance chaser, as someone stated.
                  Actually an apt analogy. As far as Salus' writings and talks are concerned, he is most certainly fair game as it concerns his errant, and, in many cases provably wrong, imaginings. Salus writes and speaks for a living. His goal is to sell people his books and tapes, and on his ideas, and that makes everything he does for profit in the name of the Lord subject to review and criticism by the Body of Christ.
                  sigpic
                  Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                    You bit off a chunk there bluefade. Let's deal with some your remarks shall we? Our members know of Salus and he has failed to impress a majority of the board and not without good reason(s). The OP came here specifically asking for opinions regarding Salus. Where else do you suggest one go other than an impartial forum wherein the members study the Word in the manner of the Bereans? Do a word search - the forums contain many a reference to Salus and his writings. There is much to be concerned about and you should be also. Discernment for most people, is something that has to be developed over time and when we see someone about to step into traffic, we will warn them about oncoming semi's. Not true by a long shot. Speculation is something we strive to avoid in keeping with our exegetical and hermeneutic approach to Scriptural interpretation. And here you're expressing your opinion. And how is that different from what others are doing? You come rushing to his defense and that's fine, but be aware that the questions regarding his textual and contextual contortions can be tackled one by one if necessary but the Mod team will be watching along with the members to guard against confusing those less familiar with his postulations. As far as I am aware no-one has called Salus' Christianity into question so I'm not sure why you even brought that up. Actually an apt analogy. As far as Salus' writings and talks are concerned, he is most certainly fair game as it concerns his errant, and, in many cases provably wrong, imaginings. Salus writes and speaks for a living. His goal is to sell people his books and tapes, and on his ideas, and that makes everything he does for profit in the name of the Lord subject to review and criticism by the Body of Christ.
                    In these last days of the age, I have grown suspicious of the information offered in book form and commentary in the first place. I might have seemed to jump to a conclusion prematurely concerning Bill Salus, but in fact, he is not out of the running just yet. Your suggestion to do a word search here, is my next step. I did not think to do that before. Thanks. What I am looking for in this is that I would like factual information in anything that I read and so, I am trying to be careful with the information that is offered in book form and commentary in these last days of the age. Satan is working hard to confuse the issues that are so importantly pertinent to good Christian doctrine, his time is short.... and he knows it. The Bible itself always has the final say on anything offered in that venue and I stack everything up against what God says to begin with. Those that have written on various subjects concerning Christianity are supposed to have done the research necessary to produce their commentary. That is not always the case. I am also considering doing my own writing on the subject and I pursue other's efforts to compare.
                    Last edited by Steve53; January 12th, 2015, 08:06 PM.

Comment

... I have started reading Perry Stone's "Unleashing the Beast"... He maintains that the Beast is to be a Muslim radical...

Several years ago at the big Pre-Trib Research Center conference in Dallas (sponsored by Dr. Tim LaHaye and Dr. Thomas Ice), there was a very interesting presentation on this topic. I don't agree with all that Dr. David Reagan teaches, but he does a good job debunking the muslim antichrist theory. You can read his paper here:

An Evaluation of the Muslim Antichrist Theory
                      by Dr. David Reagan
                      http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Rea...onoftheMus.pdf

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                      ... I recommend www.slbc.org for a list of online sermons that are biblically based sermons that you can trust...

I really like Dr. Andy Woods, Senior Pastor at Sugar Land Bible Church. In fact I recently loaded onto my iPod about 20 of his messages on Bible prophecy and various spiritual life topics, and am really enjoying listening to them. He's been a frequent speaker at the annual Pre-Trib Research Center conferences in Dallas.

A lot of his messages can be found at the following link (but I know nothing about the other speakers listed on that page, so can't recommend them) -
                      http://spiritandtruth.org/teaching/t....htm#AndyWoods

As Lynn mentioned, a lot of Dr. Andy Woods' messages are also found at the Sugar Land Bible Church website:
                      http://www.slbc.org/media/sermon-archives/

About Dr. Andy Woods:
                      http://www.spiritandtruth.org/teachi...ds/bio.htm?x=x

Sugar Land Bible Church doctrinal statement:
                      http://www.slbc.org/about/statement-of-beliefs/

The best, most in-depth, verse-by-verse series on the book of Revelation that I've ever heard is by Dr. Robert Dean (pastor of West Houston Bible Church, a member of the Pre-Trib Research Center, and a good friend of Dr. Thomas Ice) -
                      http://www.deanbible.org/completed-s...evelation-2004

About Dr. Robert Dean:
                      http://deanbible.org/dr-robert-dean

Comment

Originally posted by KeepWatching View Post
                        Several years ago at the big Pre-Trib Research Center conference in Dallas (sponsored by Dr. Tim LaHaye and Dr. Thomas Ice), there was a very interesting presentation on this topic. I don't agree with all that Dr. David Reagan teaches, but he does a good job debunking the muslim antichrist theory. You can read his paper here:

by Dr. David Reagan

I really like Dr. Andy Woods, Senior Pastor at Sugar Land Bible Church. In fact I recently loaded onto my iPod about 20 of his messages on Bible prophecy and various spiritual life topics, and am really enjoying listening to them. He's been a frequent speaker at the annual Pre-Trib Research Center conferences in Dallas.

A lot of his messages can be found at the following link (but I know nothing about the other speakers listed on that page, so can't recommend them) -

As Lynn mentioned, a lot of Dr. Andy Woods' messages are also found at the Sugar Land Bible Church website:

About Dr. Andy Woods:

The best, most in-depth, verse-by-verse series on the book of Revelation that I've ever heard is by Dr. Robert Dean (pastor of West Houston Bible Church, a member of the Pre-Trib Research Center, and a good friend of Dr. Thomas Ice) -

About Dr. Robert Dean:

Sorry to say I cannot recommend Israelestine either, a total waste of my pension in fact. From my understanding of prophecy concerning Israel, I see no evidence of them becoming extremely strong and wealthy this side of the Millennium as claimed. Bill is a nice enough person, but rather off beam with his theories imo.

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
                        A lot of us wouldn't recommend Perry Stone either.

I recommend www.slbc.org for a list of online sermons that are biblically based sermons that you can trust. Most of them are on the gospel of John, but not all. If interested, you will need to click on Sermon Archive. imho, many prophecy teachers do not do a very good job of accurately teaching Scripture. The late Lewis Sperry
                        Chafer and anyone else from Dallas Theological Seminary will likely have some prophecy teaching that you will find to be accurate.
                        In full agreement with this except a word of warning about Dallas Theological Seminary. Around the 80’s certain men introduced “Progressive Dispensationalism” which has sullied their reputation a great deal. The theory is neither progressive nor dispensational leaning heavily toward the allegorical interpretation of ‘Covenant Theology’ of Rome. Arnold Fruchtenbaum deals firmly with this aberration in his Systematic book of “Israeology”

It’s for this reason “Chafer Seminary” was raised to counter this erroneous teaching and return to the original ‘vision’ of Lewis Sperry Chafer. Hopefully PG it’s dying a death now, but still has its proponents to be wary of.

Comment

Originally posted by old fogey View Post

... “Chafer Seminary” was raised to counter this erroneous teaching and return to the original ‘vision’ of Lewis Sperry Chafer...

http://chafer.edu/

Comment

Originally posted by KeepWatching View Post

by Dr. David Reagan

About Dr. Andy Woods:

About Dr. Robert Dean:
                            Andy Woods I am familiar with.. He is a regular on Bible Prophecy Blog and Spirit and Truth... which I read. I have heard of Robert Dean. Not too familiar with him but I'll check him and these links out. Thanks.

Comment

If you have a craving for prophecy I would rather you get it from someone like Salas than to get it from a non Christian source. Just remember that prophecy is a guessing game. Until prophecy is fulfilled we don't know what is correct.You can learn historical things from his writings. The ones to be careful of would be the gloom and doomers. Churches and this site cannot get in to future prophecy because there is to much speculation. I crave prophecy and follow many writers but I buy very few books .

Comment

Working...
                              X