Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When You Hear of Earthquakes in Diverse Places..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When You Hear of Earthquakes in Diverse Places..........

Could it be, that when Jesus told His disciples that earthquakes in diverse places were a sign of His coming, that He really meant "when you have the technology to hear of earthquakes in diverse places"??? Up until the 1900's no one knew of earthquakes in places far away. There was no way of measuring them, let alone reporting them to the outside world. Now, we know of them almost immediately, no matter where they are. Just a thought that crossed my mind this morning.

That's a good observation... I think the current level of technology itself is an indicator of the late hour because of the verses about knowledge being increased, and the ability for everyone to see and rejoice over the future death of the two witnesses, as well as the ability to hear of wars and rumors of war, and know about the happenings of earthquakes all over the place.

4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a] these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

The other thing all this personal tech is doing is uniting (and dividing) everyone, and promoting a kind of mob mentality to some degree. The lines are being drawn, I feel like. Much of the world is "organizing" again, like at Babel. Others, such as the people here, are gathering together apart from the other crowd, though we are living among them. It's preparing people for the kind of global interconnectedness it will take to unite behind one leader and one religion. Simple as that.

The thing is, all these things we are seeing come to pass are things that are right at the threshold of the Trib and over the threshold, there's obviously some overlap because we are still here. Couple verses later, Jesus is talking about the Great Trib.

We have to be right at the edge. The cuckoo clock* says 11:5_, only it's most assuredly not gonna be any kind of cuckoo bird popping out when that door opens. All of us cuckoo birds flying up instead! A cuckoo clock who's chime sounds like a shofar mightily blown from a great distance away, rolling through the cosmos and over the hills, echoing in the valleys...

*because this world has gone cuckoo

Comment

That's a really good question kmendel! Some prophecies just don't translate well until the time to understand them arrives. Like the book of Daniel. It would be interesting to hear someone like Hal Lindsey or Chuck Missler comment on this question.

Comment

I don't know Greek

However, when I think of this post I think of Mark 13:14 “So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

So, people in Judea couldn't very well see what is going on in the temple unless they were there until today's technology was available.

So, I am inclined to say that it isn't that the verse should say technology, but like the previous verse it alludes to a time when we will be able to hear and read of earthquakes in diverse places without actually being in the location.

I know I have had to look up many earthquake locations because I have never heard of the place.....

Comment

Daniel said was told to seal up much of what he was told until the time of the end. He was confused by it. He was told that in the last days, knowledge would be increased. This doesnt just mean human knowledge, which we all know has increased dramatically, but knowledge of the scriptures and prophecy. I have been a student of Bible prophecy for over 40 years , and there are prophecy teachers who are coming up with new ideas and explanations as world events unfold. Some of these explanations have forced me to change some long held beliefs such as where the anti christ comes from and what countries are united with him. As the time of the rapture grows nearer, I believe the clear meaning of prophecy will become clearer also. Don't be dogmatic in your views. This site promotes the pre trib rapture and I believe the scriptures make it clear that this is the correct view. I do believe that for those who study and are watching, that the Lord will open their eyes to the truth. Look up.

Comment

The main point is that as prophetic knowledge is increasing, as I see it happening now, that this is another sign that the rapture of the church is near. Since Daniel made it clear, that this increase in knowledge would happen in the last days.

Comment

What exactly does it mean to 'seal it up til the time of the end'??

Does it mean people reading/studying in years past couldn't understand it??
              John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Comment

Originally posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
                What exactly does it mean to 'seal it up til the time of the end'??

Does it mean people reading/studying in years past couldn't understand it??
                I believe that you are correct.

Just wouldn't make sense to them.

Was reading a while back about someone in the 1800's that felt Israel had to become a nation again due to what he had read as prophecy inthe Bible. He was ridiculed. People just couldn't wrap their heads around it.

Totally agree that Mark 13:14 is a technology statement. Just couldn't happen until Fox/CNN broadcasting to iPods/Droids could people see this event in their fields. Would have made zero sense to people not that many years ago.

Dan 12:4 besides increase in knowledge includes the concept of many people having the capability to rush to and fro -- to travel quickly.

Both of these are technology statements that we can now understand.

Yes, indeed -- the end times are near and our home coming is imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by RandallB View Post

Was reading a while back about someone in the 1800's that felt Israel had to become a nation again due to what he had read as prophecy inthe Bible. He was ridiculed. People just couldn't wrap their heads around it.

Totally agree that Mark 13:14 is a technology statement. Just couldn't happen until Fox/CNN broadcasting to iPods/Droids could people see this event in their fields. Would have made zero sense to people not that many years ago.

Dan 12:4 besides increase in knowledge includes the concept of many people having the capability to rush to and fro -- to travel quickly.

"Like"
                  Agree completely.

Comment

Yesterday, 7.2 quake in the philippines, 140 dead. Large quakes are increasing. Get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by RandallB View Post

+1
                      What a wonderful day it will be when we hear the trumpet blasts!!

Comment

Really feeling in my spirit that a big event is near.

Hi all. I am really feeling a since of urgency in my soul . I have studied prophecy for many years, and the burden on my spirit is something that I just can't shake. Events are happening so fast in the world and in our country that it is hard to keep up with them. I am constantly fighting off extreme feelings of anger as I watch evil men and women being given more and more control of my country. The persecution of our brothers and sisters in other countries is something that is keeping me up at night, as America could care less, and our leaders in fact I think are endorsing it. I pray that the rapture comes quickly as I do not want to have my faith tested like so many of our martyred brothers and sisters around the world. I find myself relishing the thought of judgement on these evil men and women, when I know that I should be praying for them instead. We are not battling against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places. The devil has divided this nation, and a house divided cannot stand. I pray for the Holy Spirit to bring calm to my soul, and give me strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Time4me2fly View Post
                          Hi all. I am really feeling a since of urgency in my soul . I have studied prophecy for many years, and the burden on my spirit is something that I just can't shake. Events are happening so fast in the world and in our country that it is hard to keep up with them. I am constantly fighting off extreme feelings of anger as I watch evil men and women being given more and more control of my country. The persecution of our brothers and sisters in other countries is something that is keeping me up at night, as America could care less, and our leaders in fact I think are endorsing it. I pray that the rapture comes quickly as I do not want to have my faith tested like so many of our martyred brothers and sisters around the world. I find myself relishing the thought of judgement on these evil men and women, when I know that I should be praying for them instead. We are not battling against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers in high places. The devil has divided this nation, and a house divided cannot stand. I pray for the Holy Spirit to bring calm to my soul, and give me strength.
                          I think many are feeling the same prompting as you from the Holy Spirit. I also think this is why the Lord gave us the signs of His soon return. In fact, He said, "When you begin to see these things take place, look up, for your redemption is drawing near"
                          Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I was thinking about starting a thread about this same subject, but have had a hard time pinpointing just what it is i'm experiencing.

Is this unique to me, or am I making valid observations?

I think that as the world has strayed further and further from Jesus Christ it has lost more and more hope. The world is in spiritual crisis.

I think many people are unhappy and unfulfilled. They may be trying to fill the spiritual void with money and the acquisition of material goods.

They spend their days trying to mold themselves into something acceptable to their employers. They are gears and levers. Welcome to the machine.

It's a pointless endeavor. No purpose other than producing, selling, and consuming. Some have probably convinced themselves they love it...but still they feel that undefined void.

Counterfeit money. Trinkets and bobbles fill their rooms. They live in hive-like homes. Subdivisions. Homoginized zombies seeking elusive fulfillment for the vast emptiness within them.

We approach the culmination of civilization...the summit of mankinds' existence...wearing cheap shoes and poorly made clothes.

The world needs Jesus Christ. Otherwise, there is no hope.
                            If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.

John 15:19

Comment

Yes Time4me2fly I'm feeling the same way you are, and I just can't shake this strong feeling inside that something BIG is about to happen. I'll do my best to keep you guys updated on what's happening prophetically around the world to keep us refreshed and encouraged all the more as we SEE THE DAY QUICKLY APPROACHING! And I really believe its going to happen very - very - soon!

Great thread by the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X