Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Rapture Questions

Hey everyone,
    I don't post often, but I have been reading RR for a few years. Sometimes, it feels like you all are the only people that I can relate to. My mom went to be with the Lord 11 years ago, and her sister, just 2 years ago. They were both such strong women of faith, and I loved to talk with them about the Bible, and especially prophecy.
    My aunt died at the age of 91. She looked for the Lord's return and fully expected it to be in her lifetime. She used to go out on her porch at night, and look up at the stars and say "Lord, could it be tonight?" When she realized that she only had a short time to live, she expressed sadness that she would not be alive when Jesus returned, even though we assured her that she would have a better view from Heaven.

Lately, I find myself sometimes feeling such sadness and despair at the state of the world in general. It just becomes more evident each day that this world is not our home. The other day, I was wondering "could it be so far away that none of us living now will see it?" Just the thought of that just seems almost unbearable. So my questions is- How many think there is a high probability that it could happen in our lifetime? (I am in my 50's)

I hope I am not breaking any rules by asking this, but I guess I just hoped for some encouragement.

Hi emmajw. Well I'm 42 and I think there is a high probability but obviously it is not a guaranteed certainty. As you can see reading around these forums, we thoroughly track and cite various current events as signs and indicators that the tribulation period is drawing close and therefore the rapture. I think we are seeing so many signs today that it is incredible, a clear indication of the season we live in, only we don't know how long it will endure. How much longer can this current instability we see around the world socially, economically and geopolitically last before it unravels into major ME / world war, social and economic collapse? Was just reading an article written by Todd Strandberg published 24 June about the end times sneaking up on us and he said "we are drowning in a sea of end-time signs". I agree with him. I just hope and pray it is soon too.
    sigpic

Luke 21:28

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Be encouraged! He is much nearer now than when you first believed (Rom 13:11).

I trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ back in Nov 1972 when I read The Late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. It was in that book that I first learned about the Rapture, so I've been waiting a while. I led several family members to Christ. My two youngest brothers and I prayed long ago that God would allow all three of us to still be alive when the Rapture happened.

I had a brush with death back in Sept 07 when I got "acute necrotizing appendicitis", which is the worst way you can have it. I nearly died from it. My doctor was surprised I survived, and said--more than once--that I had (you could hear the capital letters in his voice) "the Big One." But, I'm still here!

God answers prayers. He is SO gracious!

But, all that aside, I have been watching world events in light of Bible prophecy ever since that day in Nov 1972. Todd Strandberg's June 24 article was, as the British say, "spot on." I couldn't agree with him more.

We are SO close to the great harpazo (the Rapture, for the uninitiated).

However, my surprise is not that we are so close.
      No, rather, my surprise is that we are still here!

Hey, I want to share an encouragement with you. Follow this closely. Jesus went to the tomb of Lazarus, his friend who had died, and spoke with his sisters Mary and Martha. It was to Martha the following passage applies:

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26)

In Revelation, Jesus said:

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." (Rev 22:13)

What is it that happens at the Rapture? The resurrection, of course. (1 Cor 15:42-58).

Now, here is where we put that all together. Jesus is the resurrection. Jesus is the Alpha and Omega.

The Greek word for the Rapture is Strong's g726 ἁρπάζω harpazō. That word begins with alpha, and ends with omega. The Rapture is the Alpha and Omega coming of Jesus to resurrect us!

It's something to think about.

Comment

Link Anyone?

Was just reading an article written by Todd Strandberg published 24 June about the end times sneaking up on us and he said "we are drowning in a sea of end-time signs". I agree with him. I just hope and pray it is soon too.
        But when these things begin to happen, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near.

Comment

Originally posted by Willowtree View Post
          Was just reading an article written by Todd Strandberg published 24 June about the end times sneaking up on us and he said "we are drowning in a sea of end-time signs". I agree with him. I just hope and pray it is soon too.
          http://www.raptureready.com/rap16.html
          sigpic

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near"

Comment

Thanks $teve
            But when these things begin to happen, look up, and lift up your heads, because your redemption is near.

Comment

Thank you all for the beautiful responses. It would be nice to have a RR get together sometime, so we could talk in person. But in the meantime, I appreciate all of your answers so much.

Comment

Aaahh, but there WILL be a RR get-together--at the Rapture!

But, I suspect we will all be so enraptured and in love with our Lord and King, Jesus, that we won't be concerned for lesser things.

Comment

I've been eagerly anticipating the rapture since 1986 when my Sunday School teacher started teaching us about our Blessed Hope She went on to be a precious friend and mentor until she passed (at age 54) 4 years ago. Jan was so excited about the Rapture and often is hard to imagine that she won't be here.

As each day passes, I have learned to thank the Lord for his patience and great love that none should perish apart from Him. People are still being saved and that is

Comment

I have studied prophecy for almost 40 years and I feel strongly that the rapture is near, even at the door. Israel is the key to the times we are in as well as the whole middle east. The rebirth of the nation of Israel started the end times clock ticking and is counting down quickly. Read the book of Isaiah to see why what is happening in Syria and Egypt is very relevant to our day. Psalm 83 is also very relevant to our day. We can't know the day or hour, but Jesus said that those who watched would know when it is near. Look up , for your redemption draws near. I personally am looking up.

Comment

rapture

Originally posted by Time4me2fly View Post
                      I have studied prophecy for almost 40 years and I feel strongly that the rapture is near, even at the door. Israel is the key to the times we are in as well as the whole middle east. The rebirth of the nation of Israel started the end times clock ticking and is counting down quickly. Read the book of Isaiah to see why what is happening in Syria and Egypt is very relevant to our day. Psalm 83 is also very relevant to our day. We can't know the day or hour, but Jesus said that those who watched would know when it is near. Look up , for your redemption draws near. I personally am looking up.
                      Couldn't agree more. Parents were born in 1948-49 and think that generation will be alive for the rapture.

Jesus used the birth pain analogy. Matthew 24:8 sorrows is literally "birth pains"

"Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery?" says the Lord. "Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?" says your God. Isaiah 66:9

He's not going to tarry or delay - Hebrews 10:37, Habakkuk 2:3

We don't know the exact time but He said we would see the day approaching - Hebrews 10:25

Comment

I like to think I'm not the only one who is SO excited and ready. I imagine horses in heaven chomping at their bits!
                        1 Thessalonians 5:4 (New International Version)

4But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief.

Comment

I am grateful GOD waited for me.

It seems to me most of us on this board just go through the motions of life and try to be a light to this dark world.

Twenty or thirty years ago we had one or two events a year to grab our attention. Today we have one or two a week.
                          Yes we are very very close.

Comment

rapture

Indeed we are very close. Signs are happening faster and faster. I for one look forward to all of us meeting at the Rapture with Jesus!

Comment

Originally posted by Time4me2fly View Post

This is so encouraging to me!!
                              I learned about the rapture when I was a kid, and to see events unfold in my adult life is amazing.
                              While I mourn for the depth our world has fallen, I rejoice in the fact Jesus will not forsake us! His promise is true and I'm ready.

I'm so thankful for my brothers and sisters here.

Comment

Working...
                              X