X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• havencanes
    started a topic Revived Roman Empire + Maps

Revived Roman Empire + Maps

I found this on one site and it said that the Muslims will make a peace agreement with the "Romans", and it also says that the Romans should be interpreted as Christians or the West. Obviously, we can't go by the Koran, but I was wondering if anyone thought that we could possibly interpret the revived Roman Empire as the U.S.? Here is the link:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Autho..._the_mahdi.htm

The Timing of The Mahdi’s Reign

While there is more than one tradition regarding the nature and timing of the Mahdi’s ascendancy to power, there is one particular hadith that places this event at the time of a final peace agreement between the Arabs and the Romans (“Romans” should be interpreted as referring to Christians, or more generally, the West). Although this peace agreement is made with the “Romans”, it is said to be mediated specifically through a Jew from the priestly lineage of Aaron. The peace agreement will be made for a period of seven years.

Rasulullah [Muhammad] said: “There will be four peace agreements between you and the Romans [Christians]. The fourth agreement will be mediated through a person who will be from the progeny of Hadrat Haroon [Honorable Aaron – Moses’ brother] and will be upheld for seven years. (Emphasis mine) 28

It appears that the period of this seven year peace agreement will likewise be the period of the Mahdi’s reign. While there are a few traditions that specify that the Mahdi will reign on the earth for as much as eight or possibly even nine years, most traditions state that the time of his reign will be seven years.

The Prophet said… He will divide the property, and will govern the people by the Sunnah of their Prophet and establish Islam on Earth. He will remain seven years, then die, and the Muslims will pray over him. (Emphasis mine) 29

The Prophet said: The Mahdi… will fill the earth with equity and justice as it was filled with oppression and tyranny, and he will rule for seven years. (Emphasis mine) 30

• FisherKing
    replied
    Originally posted by havencanes View Post
    I found this on one site and it said that the Muslims will make a peace agreement with the "Romans", and it also says that the Romans should be interpreted as Christians or the West. Obviously, we can't go by the Koran, but I was wondering if anyone thought that we could possibly interpret the revived Roman Empire as the U.S.? Here is the link:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Autho..._the_mahdi.htm
    Many people listen to others like Walid Shoebat, and never bother using logic or deductive reasoning. Can the Anti-Christ be a Muslim ? No, not in my opinion that I get from reading the word and using logic. There are a few reasons, this Beast according to Daniel chapter 7 arises out the Roman Empire in the latter time, meaning of course a revived Romam Empire. Daniel 8 seems to say the Beast arises out of one of the Four Generals Empires that stood up in Alex the Greats stead. ( Adding these two together gives us a clue where he will be born. Only one country fits. Only one country of the Four Generals is in the European Union. This is just my understanding.)

Now through logic we can understand that the Beast/Little Horn arises through peace Daniel 8, and he slays many this way. Now who would grant power to any Muslim in this day and age ? No one, I just cant see it happening that the world would trust a Muslim with such powers. Logic 2, Daniel 11:37 says he will not serve the god of his fathers nor will he serve any god. My reading of this is the Beast will be an atheist.

I think he will be of Assyrian heritage, but will arise out of a European Country. He will not be a Muslim, because the world would not trust a Muslim with the powers they are going to entrust this guy with.

God Bless

Leave a comment:

• Tall Timbers
    replied
    Originally posted by twisty58 View Post
    Hi TT! But Eze. 38-39 isn't the end war is it...where they come against Israel? This has always confused me. Thanks!
    I don't believe that Eze 38-39 is the "end war". Without doing any studying up I do believe there are a couple different wars that involve the demon reference to Gog which works through a person to do his deeds. I believe the Eze 38-39 war could happen before or after the rapture, and I think it'll occur before the start of Tribulation... there are differing views on that.

After taking a look at the Bible I can see that the 2nd reference (the first being the Ezekiel 38-39 war) to Gog and Magog is in reference to the battle at the end of the Millennial Reign where Israel is once again invaded and Jesus puts a quick end to it.
    Last edited by Tall Timbers; October 24th, 2015, 10:20 PM. Reason: add

Leave a comment:

• twisty58
    replied
    Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I have some original personal thoughts on this topic. The Roman Empire consisted of a specific geographical region. In addition to modern day Europe, it included northern Africa and parts of what is now called the middle east. It's heart and origin was Europe. I've considered the possibility that today's Europe and the modern day offshoots from Europe, principally North America, Australia, and New Zealand and any other colonized areas I'm missing could be the heart and origin of the revived Roman Empire.

It's just something I've considered, I can't back it up with anything, but I personally consider that a possibility.

After the Ezekiel 38-39 war, much of the east's opposing forces against the west will be obliterated, giving a lot of room for the revival of the Roman Empire should it currently be the part of the world that is often called the west. It seems that it is principally the western nations that are fervently seeking a OWG. When Russia and its allies are pummeled in Ezekiel 38-39, I don't think they'll be in a position to argue with whatever the west (reviving Roman Empire) decides to do. China may still be a problem, but maybe that'll be one of the regions that the AC has to deal with a bit later to consolidate his global authority.

That's just an unsubstantiated theory that's been running through my mind as a possibility.
    Hi TT! But Eze. 38-39 isn't the end war is it...where they come against Israel? This has always confused me. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RaptureReady_7
    replied
    Really good commentaries by Jack Kelley on the Revived roman Empire.

https://gracethrufaith.com/end-times...ng-in-the-way/

https://gracethrufaith.com/end-times...lam-or-part-1/

https://gracethrufaith.com/end-times...lam-or-part-2/

don't forget some people think it could be Islamic, part of the Roman empire encompassed what is now Islamic areas.

I think we shall soon see what happens. It cannot be far off.

Leave a comment:

• Ole Buzzard
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmerdesign View Post
    Can someone point to information as to why America is not the revived Roman Empire?
    Just a thought, but maybe this would answer your question; Revelation 8:7.

Leave a comment:

• Shonsu
    replied
    I like Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum's explanation that it is not the Roman Empire but the Empire of Imperialism. The Roman Empire was just the first stage of it and it has continued to today in its East/West configuration (the two legs).

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied
    Some would argue Rome fell, but got back up and has been staggering around like a pummeled boxer or a drunk.

Although evolving, torn apart by wars, spreading influence throughout the world, Rome is still close to the reins.

Perhaps it will be the muslims and other radicals that will so distance man from religion, that the AC will rise to power not by influence,

but by demand. The people will want him, they will plead for him, and what better place than the godless atheistic center - Europe.

America is an experiment. One about to explode, but don't worry, there is enough European influence to rein in this bastard child and all her toys too.

If this nation would seek God, He might grant a prolonging of her days, but as we see in Prophetic Word, there will come a time of rejection and judgment - not for America alone, but all nations.

Leave a comment:

• Florian9
    replied
    Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
    I have some original personal thoughts on this topic. The Roman Empire consisted of a specific geographical region. In addition to modern day Europe, it included northern Africa and parts of what is now called the middle east. It's heart and origin was Europe. I've considered the possibility that today's Europe and the modern day offshoots from Europe, principally North America, Australia, and New Zealand and any other colonized areas I'm missing could be the heart and origin of the revived Roman Empire.
    You could include Central & South America in that list also, since their religion/language/culture is a strong off-shoot of Western European culture.
    I spent most of my childhood in Northern Mexico. Most of the people living there are not of indigenous descent but of European heritage. I have cousins with Italian and French ancestry down there.
    This is a fascinating subject to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• Tall Timbers
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmerdesign View Post
    Can someone point to information as to why America is not the revived Roman Empire?
    Originally posted by Frank View Post
    America wasn't discovered until well after the Roman Empire fell....? The Roman Empire consisted of specific geographical land areas.

It's just something I've considered, I can't back it up with anything, but I personally consider that a possibility.

After the Ezekiel 38-39 war, much of the east's opposing forces against the west will be obliterated, giving a lot of room for the revival of the Roman Empire should it currently be the part of the world that is often called the west. It seems that it is principally the western nations that are fervently seeking a OWG. When Russia and its allies are pummeled in Ezekiel 38-39, I don't think they'll be in a position to argue with whatever the west (reviving Roman Empire) decides to do. China may still be a problem, but maybe that'll be one of the regions that the AC has to deal with a bit later to consolidate his global authority.

That's just an unsubstantiated theory that's been running through my mind as a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• zimmerdesign
    replied
    But how does that mean that prophecy doesn't point to the "Empire" in nature and not necessarily exact location? I'm not arguing, just want to further my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• Frank
    replied
    America wasn't discovered until well after the Roman Empire fell....? The Roman Empire consisted of specific geographical land areas.

Leave a comment:

• zimmerdesign
    replied
    Revived Roman Empire questions

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    Originally posted by Duken View Post
    I was pointing out his comment on Van Impe.
    Now your point seems to have been lost....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
    You're missing that "earlier stages" was the qualifier.
    I was pointing out his comment on Van Impe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X