Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Revived Roman Empire + Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve53
    replied
    Originally posted by Duken View Post
    This was the part that I was referring to, as I did not understand it:
    "Van Impe used to say this was because in the earlier stages of the EU that their boundries were same as those of the Holy Roman Empire under Charlemagne. "

The EU is vastly larger than the HRE, or the Frankish Empire under Charlemagne as far I know.
    You're missing that "earlier stages" was the qualifier.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
    Re-read his post - the size reference (and difference was noted).
    This was the part that I was referring to, as I did not understand it:
    "Van Impe used to say this was because in the earlier stages of the EU that their boundries were same as those of the Holy Roman Empire under Charlemagne. "

The EU is vastly larger than the HRE, or the Frankish Empire under Charlemagne as far I know.

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    Then I am confused. He seemed to be saying the HRE and Frankish Empire were about the same size at the EU, but there were small central European states and an empire (respectively) that was just a port of the Roman Empire or EU.
    Re-read his post - the size reference (and difference was noted).

Two eschatologists I have listened to often, Jack van Impe and Hal Lindsey, refer to the European Union as the revived Roman empire. Van Impe used to say this was because in the earlier stages of the EU that their boundries were same as those of the Holy Roman Empire under Charlemagne.

Slowly but surely the EU has gotten to an almost astonishing place. But I do not know if they are the revived Roman empire. By that I mean where the New World Order is and where thee Anti-Christ's throne is. I would not doubt it, though. For some of the best biblical minds were in Europe at one time. Now a huge majority there see the Bible as irrelevant. And God's ways are not our ways. Revenge is His. Done His ways. And like some have said, possibly the United States is a part of the revived Roman Empire

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Correct, the HRE is not the same as the Roman Empire.
    Then I am confused. He seemed to be saying the HRE and Frankish Empire were about the same size at the EU, but there were small central European states and an empire (respectively) that was just a port of the Roman Empire or EU.

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    I am not sure what you mean. The Holy Roman Empire is not the same as the Roman Empire?
    Correct, the HRE is not the same as the Roman Empire.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Your question was an aside, the topic not being the HRE, the answer fit.
    I am not sure what you mean. The Holy Roman Empire is not the same as the Roman Empire?

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    I agree but I was asking about the Frankish Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, which he mentioned in his post.
    Your question was an aside, the topic not being the HRE, the answer fit.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    At it's zenith, the Roman empire encompassed a huge territory including much (almost all) of modern day Europe, parts of North Africa and a vast swath of the Middle East - in other words, almost the entire area surrounding the Mediterranean Sea and for miles inland in every direction.
    I agree but I was asking about the Frankish Empire and the Holy Roman Empire, which he mentioned in his post.

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    Can you explain that a little more? Charlemagne ruled the Frankish Empire, which was France and some parts of Germany, I do not think it was even near the size of the current EU?

The Holy Roman Empire was more of a loose confederacy of kingdoms and duchies which again, was just a fraction of the size of the EU. It was mostly Germany states to part of Northern Italy. Is there something I am missing?

In other words, the Frankish Empire was France and part of Germany. The Holy Roman Empire (which was not really a country or empire) was German lands and parts of Italy. The EU is almost all of Europe.
    At it's zenith, the Roman empire encompassed a huge territory including much (almost all) of modern day Europe, parts of North Africa and a vast swath of the Middle East - in other words, almost the entire area surrounding the Mediterranean Sea and for miles inland in every direction.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Timothy Long View Post
    Two eschatologists I have listened to often, Jack van Impe and Hal Lindsey, refer to the European Union as the revived Roman empire. Van Impe used to say this was because in the earlier stages of the EU that their boundries were same as those of the Holy Roman Empire under Charlemagne.
    Can you explain that a little more? Charlemagne ruled the Frankish Empire, which was France and some parts of Germany, I do not think it was even near the size of the current EU?

The Holy Roman Empire was more of a loose confederacy of kingdoms and duchies which again, was just a fraction of the size of the EU. It was mostly Germany states to part of Northern Italy. Is there something I am missing?

In other words, the Frankish Empire was France and part of Germany. The Holy Roman Empire (which was not really a country or empire) was German lands and parts of Italy. The EU is almost all of Europe.

Leave a comment:

• Notindarkness
    replied
    Originally posted by KBKMNN View Post
    I'll be praying for your husband Icebear, to have God open his spiritual eyes. I remember back some years ago the story of the AC being born of a jackal. At the time I thought, that's pretty strange. Glad I know better now.
    Didn't the idea of the jackal come first with the Omen movie with Gregory Peck?

Leave a comment:

• waiting1
    replied
    A very interesting read.

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    Originally posted by Jsrr View Post
    Well...I apologize for that. I did not realize they had been moved to the for purchase only section. I may have pasted the wrong link. I will check on it. Anyway, it was a good sermon comparing America with the Roman Empire.
    I was able to find the sermons without trouble via the main site.

We were hoping you could be more specific regarding the comparisons and the conclusions the pastor came to and why. Just a synopsis should suffice.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Jsrr - Can you please summarize the remarks as briefly as possible? The only way those sermons can now be heard is via ordering same on CD and it's doubtful anyone would be interested without first having some idea of the content.
    Well...I apologize for that. I did not realize they had been moved to the for purchase only section. I may have pasted the wrong link. I will check on it. Anyway, it was a good sermon comparing America with the Roman Empire.

Leave a comment:

• Steve53
    replied
    Originally posted by Jsrr View Post
    [Mod Edit] See the first post in this thread [Mod Edit]
    Jsrr - Can you please summarize the remarks as briefly as possible? The only way those sermons can now be heard is via ordering same on CD and it's doubtful anyone would be interested without first having some idea of the content.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X