This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey peeps!

This thread has been gradually morphing more and more into a "which war comes first" topic and because of that change in direction (not really unexpected after all) we're merging with the Psalm 83 war et al thread.

Please don't let the merge stifle the conversation but many folks may be curious about the number of permutations the wars lend themselves to and the discussion has covered them all thoroughly.
    sigpic
    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• What do u think we will be here for?

Isaiah 17
      Psalm 83
      Ezekiel 38-39
      Or others u can think of
      Those are the choices.

I think Ezekiel 38-39, psalm 83 maybe Isaiah 17.
      The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Comment

• I hope we all be raptured before then... but who knows. It is all in God's timing.

Comment

• I am so excited to say... The way things are going in this world, out tickets to paradise are on the presses now...
          The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• I was just wondering, will we even be here to see Israel possibly attack Iran? IDK....

Once the restrainer is removed, anything that needs to be fulfilled will easily come about with the unleash of evil.

I dont want to see any of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serene View Post
              I was just wondering, will we even be here to see Israel possibly attack Iran? IDK....

Once the restrainer is removed, anything that needs to be fulfilled will easily come about with the unleash of evil.

I dont want to see any of it!
              I don't want to see any of it either. I am praying we will be taken out of the way before this happens. I am literally on the edge of my seat, - looking, watching, waiting, - knowing it can't be much longer if this rhetoric continues. The time is now. We are living "as in the days of Noah."

Comment

• Psalm 83: Prophecy or Humble Prayer?

I have read Psalm 83 many, many times and I just have never felt it as prophetic. It does not even seem to be in the proper wording, context or predictive verbage. Instead it has always read to me as a humble prayer by David who longed for righteous judgement against those who were conspiring against God's people during his lifetime-- and most- if not all of these tribes may still exist and be enemies of Israel but there is no predictive or prophetic verbage like, " and God shall..." or " and on that day the Lord of Hosts will"..instead I just read much pleading by David for justice. VS 13: "Make them like tumbleweed. vs15:" pursue them with your tempest..."

It does not say, " and God shall make them like chaff before the wind, on the day of His wrath he shall pursue them as a tempest..." etc etc..

Am I the only one who doesn't find Psalm 83 to be an actual prophecy? I'm not saying that God will not eventually judge these people and treat those who have persecuted and hated His people as chaff before the wind, only that I believe the judgement against the descendents of Ishmael ( whom God also loves by the way) is encompassed in the prophecy in Ezekiel, Daniel and the final battle in Revelation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jackson64 View Post
                  Am I the only one who doesn't find Psalm 83 to be an actual prophecy?

Merged with the big Psalm 83 "Bubba" as the prayer/prophecy angle is covered here ....Happy reading!
                  sigpic

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                    Merged with the big Psalm 83 "Bubba" as the prayer/prophecy angle is covered here ....Happy reading!
                    I wish you had let some people respond directly to a question that was different than original thread. Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to read through over a thousand posts then I'll just let the Holy Spirit guide me on this one...I'm pretty sure that Psalm 83 is not a prophecy ......{Mod Snip}.......however as an open-minded individual I was interested in hearing if there was a more studious and evidential case for Psalm 83 being a prophecy ( like the current names of the descendents/tribes that were mentioned)
                    Last edited by Steve53; February 12th, 2012, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I wish you had let some people respond directly to a question that was different than original thread. Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to read through over a thousand posts then I'll just let the Holy Spirit guide me on this one...I'm pretty sure that Psalm 83 is not a prophecy
                      ....{Mod Snip}.......however as an open-minded individual I was interested in hearing if there was a more studious and evidential case for Psalm 83 being a prophecy ( like the current names of the descendents/tribes that were mentioned)
                      56 pages worth! With 20 posts each page and most of those posts being maybe a paragraph or so (often less), it's not so bad. I use bookmarks with the little #link in the top right corner of posts. For example, your last post was #1104 and this one right here of mine is #1105. They create links that will take you exactly to where you left off.

It's light reading for the most part, less then a smaller book for sure. It's the heavier stuff within the many smaller posts that's more interesting and where you're going to find the meat of what you're after.

Comment

I wish you had let some people respond directly to a question that was different than original thread.
                        Reviewing this thread might just surprise you.

The "parent" thread was a poll asking in similar verbiage the same root question(s) you again would have us revisit as though the former did not exist. We see no need to restart a conversation well under way and thoroughly exploring all aspects of the topic and since this original thread is all about what you presented, this latest merge is entirely justified and in no way prevents anyone from responding to your queries.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wish you had let some people respond directly to a question that was different than original thread. Since I have neither the time nor the inclination to read through over a thousand posts then I'll just let the Holy Spirit guide me on this one...I'm pretty sure that Psalm 83 is not a prophecy
                          ....{Mod Snip} ........however as an open-minded individual I was interested in hearing if there was a more studious and evidential case for Psalm 83 being a prophecy ( like the current names of the descendents/tribes that were mentioned)
                          If you're interested you can skim the thread to find things of relevance, it's not so hard.

Justifying Psalm 83 As Prophecy

Q. I’m writing to you about Psalm 83. I’m puzzled because Asaph says the nations named are conspiring against Israel. He doesn’t say they attack. If that is so, perhaps God will answer Asaph’s prayer and confound His enemies while they squabble amongst themselves during the plotting stage of an attack. I just don’t get the sense of an actual war from Psalm 83 — only plotting and planning. If you believe Psalm 83 is a war prophecy, please tell me your reasoning.

A. You’re right in saying the Bible never says whether this conspiracy comes to fruition causing the Lord to answer Asaph’s prayer. And no one that I know of sees any possible historical fulfillment even in Israel’s modern age. Some people or group of people have always been missing, the most obvious ones being the Palestinians who didn’t become an issue for Israel until after the major wars of 48, 67, and 73 had been fought. But they certainly are an issue today, as is Lebanon with its Hezbollah connection.

But everyone agrees that something has to happen to bring Israel into a perception of peace and safety before Ezekiel 38 can take place. Current realities make that hard to imagine until Syria, Hezbollah, Hamas, and the PLO are neutralized. And when Israel buries the dead from Ezekiel’s battle it will be in a place that belongs to the Palestinians today, although Ezekiel calls it Israel. (Ezek. 39:11)

I suppose the Palestinians could just go away or voluntarily re-unite with Israel, and Hamas and Hezbollah could decide to sit out the Battle of Ezekiel 38 along with Israel’s other next door neighbors who are all listed in Psalm 83 but missing from Ezekiel 38. But absent those possibilities some, myself included, see Psalm 83 as the missing link in Israel’s End Times Scenario.
                          http://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bibl...3-as-prophecy/
                          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

• Some of the writing may be unclear in the YouTube videos, here's the original: http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html

Hal Lindsey talks about Psalm 83 at about 7:30:

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

I have read Psalm 83 many, many times and I just have never felt it as prophetic. It does not even seem to be in the proper wording, context or predictive verbage. Instead it has always read to me as a humble prayer by David who longed for righteous judgement against those who were conspiring against God's people during his lifetime-- and most- if not all of these tribes may still exist and be enemies of Israel but there is no predictive or prophetic verbage like, " and God shall..." or " and on that day the Lord of Hosts will"..instead I just read much pleading by David for justice. VS 13: "Make them like tumbleweed. vs15:" pursue them with your tempest..."

It does not say, " and God shall make them like chaff before the wind, on the day of His wrath he shall pursue them as a tempest..." etc etc..

Am I the only one who doesn't find Psalm 83 to be an actual prophecy? I'm not saying that God will not eventually judge these people and treat those who have persecuted and hated His people as chaff before the wind, only that I believe the judgement against the descendents of Ishmael ( whom God also loves by the way) is encompassed in the prophecy in Ezekiel, Daniel and the final battle in Revelation.
                              You may not be the only one, however I feel that position is very tenuous at best.

I feel that position is not looking at the entire council of God.

Psalm 83 is a prayer that gives prophetic insight as to the people groups and their real reasons for hating/attacking Israel in the ME war and Israel's requesting the Lord to intervene.

I feel that the Lord inspired Asaph to pray this prayer while Israel was still in convenant relationship and He could thus hear them and put it on His to-do list. (see Jack Kelly) Israel is not currently in convenant relationship but they will be soon. This critical prayer was "prayed ahead".

Zephaniah 2 Isaiah 17 Obadiah Zechariah 9-11 Jeremiah 49 Ezekiel 35-37 Joel 1 Amos 1-2

Are the Lord's answer to this prayer and describe the PS 83 ME war in very great detail.

It is probably more correct to call it a Ps 83/Zep 2/Is 17/Oba/Zec 9-11/... War showing that the prophecies will be fulfilled, but for the most part "Ps 83 War" will do just fine. For some reason the Lord gave us incredible detail regarding these events along with who, what , where, and WHY. He doesn't often give all that information. This is where I feel that pointing to just one part of His prophetic information stream and saying that isn't prophecy is not looking at the whole council of God.

In answer to your question as to is Psalm 83 really prophecy?

YES, Since this prayer was prayed during the time that Israel was in covenant relationship, and the prayer is in God's will and Inspired by the Holy Spirit, and since the Lord answers these prayers then the prayer itself is prophecy since it will be accomplished.

And yes, the Lord does love the descendents of Ishmael just as He loves every person. That is very important and we all need to be reminded to this. What is also important is their response to that Love. With a growing number of exceptions, Ishmaelites have rejected the Lord and His Chosen People and thus will face the judgements that are laid out in scripture. The Lord does not desire anyone to be destroyed, but sadly some refuse His Loving pardon and will be destroyed.

Comment

• Psalm 83 What IT IS and What IT IS NOT

Are we Living in the Last Days Interview with Author, Biblical Scholar and Prophecy Expert, Mr. Bill Salus

http://www.arewelivinginthelastdays....alus/salus.htm
                                For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. (First Thessalonians 5:9-11)

Comment

Working...
                                X