This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balcony view
    The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

• I want to be here for Ez 38 and 39
      Not if I can get outta here sooner. I want to go out on the first flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
        I'd rather be raptured.

Comment

• It is most likely we will not be here to see the Gog/Magog war.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Gog-Magog.html

Ezekiel's battle of Gog and Magog occurs in the tribulation period, more specifically in the first 3 1/2 years. The strongest evidence for this view is that the attack will come when Israel is at peace (Ezekiel 38:8, 11). The description from Ezekiel is that of a nation that has security and has laid down its defenses. Israel is definitely not at peace now, and it is inconceivable that the nation would lay down its defenses apart from some major event. When Israel's covenant with the Beast/Antichrist is in effect at the beginning of Daniel's 70th Week (also known as the 7-year tribulation, Daniel 9:27a), Israel will be at peace. Possibly the battle will occur just before the midpoint of the seven-year period. According to Ezekiel, Gog will be defeated by God Himself on the mountains of Israel. The slaughter will be so great it will take seven months to bury all of the dead (Ezekiel 39:11-12).
          Ephesians 3:17-18
          That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Comment

• I am right with you on wanting to be here for the fulfillment of the Ezekiel 38 and 39 Prophecy. I am excited at the prospect of seeing God's hand plain as day and the ememies of Isreal seeing it was well. What's more, we will definately know that the time of Christ's return is extremly close

Comment

• Originally posted by Tesseract View Post
              It is most likely we will not be here to see the Gog/Magog war.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Gog-Magog.html

Ezekiel's battle of Gog and Magog occurs in the tribulation period, more specifically in the first 3 1/2 years. The strongest evidence for this view is that the attack will come when Israel is at peace (Ezekiel 38:8, 11). The description from Ezekiel is that of a nation that has security and has laid down its defenses. Israel is definitely not at peace now, and it is inconceivable that the nation would lay down its defenses apart from some major event. When Israel's covenant with the Beast/Antichrist is in effect at the beginning of Daniel's 70th Week (also known as the 7-year tribulation, Daniel 9:27a), Israel will be at peace. Possibly the battle will occur just before the midpoint of the seven-year period. According to Ezekiel, Gog will be defeated by God Himself on the mountains of Israel. The slaughter will be so great it will take seven months to bury all of the dead (Ezekiel 39:11-12).
              Hmm I thought ezekiel 38 occured before the tribulation, and that the peace agreement ended the wars. But I forgot about how that battle occurs when israel believes its safe.. so will it be: isiah 17, peace agreement marking the tribulation, then ezekiel 38? So then the rapture occurs either before isiah 17 or during..
              John 15:13
              "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

1 John 4:16
              "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

Comment

• Originally posted by In Christ View Post
                Balcony view
                I don't believe that the Church will witness God's Wrath this side of Heaven:

Ezekiel 38:18 "And it will come to pass at the same time, when Gog comes against the land of Israel," says the Lord GOD, "that My fury will show in My face.
                Ezekiel 38:19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath I have spoken: 'Surely in that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinbobbin View Post
                  The thing is, even if we are here for Ezekial 38/39, I think its doubtful that we, in the US, will hear about the God-driven part of the war. We'll see all of Israel's enemies line up against her, but when push comes to shove I think it is doubtful our media will cover the true goings-on over there. I look at Egypt and how positively the uprisings there were portrayed vs the reality of the beatings, torture and rapes and I think the media will portray Israel in such a way that most people will remain deceived about God's intervention. Particularly given most people already have a negative view of Israel and absolutely no knowledge of Bible Prophecy.

I'm hopeful we're out of here before things get too bad from a financial collapse perspective. I can't even imagine what life in the US will become when oil surges to $7/$8 gallon as could happen if the strait of hormuz gets closed for a period of time. I really don't want to see my kids suffer... KWIM? But, everything is for God's purpose and not our own so we just have to trust Him.
                  God doesn't need the media. After the failed invasion, God says that the heathen will know that He is God.

Eze 39:7

When the mark is instituded the angels themselves will preach the gospel to the world. The world will know that the God of Israel exists. There will be no doubt. They will be without excuse.

Revelation 14:6
                  Revelation 14:7
                  Revelation 14:8
                  Revelation 14:9
                  Revelation 14:10
                  Revelation 14:11

Now while i'm sure the enemy will try spin things, he will fail. God will get His word to those that are His.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
                  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                    If I had my druthers, I'd druther be raptured right now... okay right now....okay...
                    Me too! Who would want to choose an event on Earth, over being in Jesus Christ's Presence?????
                    John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.Matthew 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Comment

• Remember how your desires changed once you were saved? You had become a new creature. Many old things had passed away.

Psalm 91:8 indicates we will see certain "rewards of the wicked". However, if we have attained our "balcony seat", that means we have once again risen to a different level of thought and feeling.

Like everyone else, I have enjoyed Hollywood-style endings in which the bad guy is dispatched. In more innocent times,the villain didn't even bleed when pierced by Errol Flynn's sword. He may even have said a few last repentant words.

In our present form, a media-based viewing of Gog-Magog would have to be preceded by the sternest "graphic warning" ever. The event will include:

Earthquake
                      Pestilence
                      Blood (lots)
                      Hailstones
                      Fire
                      Brimstone
                      Rotting corpses being eaten by animals and carrion fowl
                      Seven months of burying the dead

I have already had my fill of televised gore.

"Some say the world will end in fire,
                      Some say in ice.
                      From what I've tasted of desire
                      I hold with those who favor fire.
                      But if I had to perish twice,
                      I think I know enough of hate
                      To say that for destruction ice
                      Is also great
                      And would suffice."

-Robert Frost

Kindly pass me a natural lemonade (with ice) in the balcony. Or by a quiet stream of living water, if I may be allowed to retire there.

Comment

• Death and horror on earth during Ezekiel 38-39. Glories unimaginable to be with Jesus and all the saints in Christ after the rapture.
                        I'd say good-bye to earth in a blink of an eye.

Comment

• I truly believe that we will NOT be here when God supernaturally intervenes to save Israel. We are blessed (with the Rapture) because we have believed without seeing. That said, I hope we're outta here today ...

Comment

• I would rather be home with Jesus!
                            Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate928 View Post
                              Hmm I thought ezekiel 38 occured before the tribulation, and that the peace agreement ended the wars. But I forgot about how that battle occurs when israel believes its safe.. so will it be: isiah 17, peace agreement marking the tribulation, then ezekiel 38? So then the rapture occurs either before isiah 17 or during..
                              That is the way I see it, Isaiah 17 Psalm 83 war in which Israel wins this battle herself or someone interupts this war to keep it from expanding into a global conflict, such as the antichrist. The Christian may be here for the beginning of the Psalm 83 war, the rapture occurs sometime during this war with some supernatural occurrence putting an end to the conflict. If you read Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 and 39 you will find that those listed in the former Psalm 83 war are not listed in the latter Ezekiel war.

Psalm 83 war, the rapture, the rise of the man of sin and the peace agreement, the temple built as a result of the peace agreement, Israel at peace because her safety is ensured by the antichrist, the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war occurs at the midpoint of the tribulation period, the man of sin takes credit for what the Lord did in wiping out those invading armies , steps into the rebuilt temple proclaiming that he is god and that he was the one who wiped out those invading armies. It is then that the armies of the world mobilize for the war of Armageddon in Israel from the midpoint to the end of the tribulation period. During the first 1/2 of the tribulation, 1/4 of the earth's population dies and during the last half of the tribulation period 1/3 dies. No, I definitely do not want to be here for any of the 7 year tribulation period as the Lord describes this period, "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." Mathew 24:21.

Comment

• Sorry, vbf, but I wouldn't put off being with Christ for anything. I'm anxious and impatient for our Blessed Hope.

Frankly I can't understand how remaining here to witness a massive war can compare with seeing Him face-to-face.

Comment

Working...
                                X