This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jesus's Girl View Post
    Is the Psalm 83 War happening right now? I have heard that Psalm 83 will happen before the Magog Invasion because Psalm 83 is where Israel expands her borders and aquires wealth, wealth that Gog/Magog wants and to destroy her. Chuck Smith said in HisChannelLive this week that we won't here for the end of the Magog War because the Bible says God will poor out His Spirit on Israel and His Spirit is currently retraining evil through the Church. I pray the Rapture is sooner than we think. Maranatha!
    It is in the process of fulfillment. That process started on May 14th 1948 with the founding of Israel, and the Arab countries organizing against them. The war has yet to happen, but the plans made by the countries have been made, and they are conspiring against God's people. The enemy countries listed formed the Arab League of Nations in 1949 further fulfilling this prophecy. It looks to be that Psalm 83 & Isaiah 17 are the same war, so this fulfillment will be easy to see when Damascus no longer exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gideon300 View Post
      It is in the process of fulfillment. That process started on May 14th 1948 with the founding of Israel, and the Arab countries organizing against them. The war has yet to happen, but the plans made by the countries have been made, and they are conspiring against God's people. The enemy countries listed formed the Arab League of Nations in 1949 further fulfilling this prophecy. It looks to be that Psalm 83 & Isaiah 17 are the same war, so this fulfillment will be easy to see when Damascus no longer exists.
      I agree Gideon, that this has been in the process of fulfillment since 1948, when Israel was re-founded as a nation, the 2nd and last time. The 1st one being the regathering from Babylon.

Isa. 11:11 tells us the Lord shall set his hand again the 2nd time to recover the remnant of his people.

Amos 9:14-15 tells us: I shall plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land.

Jer. 29:14 as well.

I would just like to add that Psa. 83 is the "prayer" that will be answered by Isa. 17

All the key players have been in place for many years. Syria, Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah, the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, Islamic Jihad, "Palestinians"

Well, muslim terrorists.

When Damascus is a ruinous heap, never to be inhabited again, Israel will gain territory that was originally hers. Not all of it, but some of it for the next 7 years.

The rest will come, after Christ returns in all His Glory!

King Jesus

Comment

• When do you think the Rapture might take place as to the occurrence of these wars? I agree with Chuck Smith: he says he believes the Church will not see the end of the Ezekiel War because of how God pours His Spirit on Israel and since now His Spirit is in the Church restraining evil. God deals with Israel and the Church separately. My prayer is that Jesus will come for me and you before anything, like right now! Maranatha!

Comment

When do you think the Rapture might take place as to the occurrence of these wars? I agree with Chuck Smith: he says he believes the Church will not see the end of the Ezekiel War because of how God pours His Spirit on Israel and since now His Spirit is in the Church restraining evil. God deals with Israel and the Church separately. My prayer is that Jesus will come for me and you before anything, like right now! Maranatha!
          This is where the rapture gets tricky. It is a signless event. We may see none of these wars or we might see all of it up to about the end of the Ezekiel war. I think we may be gone by that point as we know that God's dealing with Israel and the church seem to be mutually exclusive. Sorry I don't have a better answer. And to agree with you I hope Jesus comes sooner.
          Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
          Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
          Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Comment

• All the signs we may see only speak to the nearness of the Second Coming, which has many signs for its' nearness (think: "When you see these things begin to come to pass, lift your head because your redemption draws nigh"). The Rapture, however, is a signless and imminent event: We dont lift our heads and "watch" for this event. Also, nothing MUST happen before the Rapture happens. BUT - some things **could** happen before we're taken.......ergo, we as good Christians should recognize the season and discern the times, but when it comes to the Rapture, we simply must be "ready" for it knowing that it can happen at any moment.....again, we dont "watch" for this event, it just happens in an instant. We may see some of the latter day events like Psalm 83/Isaiah 17 or the Gog and Magog war, but we know for sure that we will NOT be here to see the Antichrist and his ascension to power (2 Thessalonians 2: "...until he is taken out of the way. And THEN the lawless one will be revealed").

The Word also does not map out the time line for these events as they relate to Daniel's 70th Week. They are simply latter-day events that can happen either before or during Daniel's 70th Week. There are clues, however, that may speak to the timing of these events, which is how (or rather why) we speculate as to the timing of them. Moreover, we also see the setting up of the key players in these events, which means they are all the closer to happening.

Sorry I dont have a concrete answer, but you wont find anyone on earth who does.....only speculation.

God bless,
            - JIL

Comment

When do you think the Rapture might take place as to the occurrence of these wars? I agree with Chuck Smith: he says he believes the Church will not see the end of the Ezekiel War because of how God pours His Spirit on Israel and since now His Spirit is in the Church restraining evil. God deals with Israel and the Church separately. My prayer is that Jesus will come for me and you before anything, like right now! Maranatha!
              I agree with his assessment that the church may not be here to witness the end of the Gog/Magog invasion, but I don't think there is anything in Psalm 83 or Isaiah 17 that would make me think that the rapture would have to occur before these prophecies. Don't get me wrong, the rapture could happen at any time. Just comparing these two to Ezekiel 38 & 39 you will notice that while God is with Israel, it is the IDF that strikes the blows, and not God's hand alone, unlike Ezekiel 38 & 39.

Comment

Jesus's Girl, The rapture is imminent so we may or may not be here for Isaiah 17:1 & Psalm 83. On the Gog & Magog scenario Buzzardhut has done a chart on prophetic events. The rapture is naturally before the 1st yr of tribulation & he has Gog & Magog in the 3-4 yr timeframe. http://www.buzzardhut.net/index/ETT/...vChartVert.htm
                sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                  Jesus's Girl, The rapture is imminent so we may or may not be here for Isaiah 17:1 & Psalm 83. On the Gog & Magog scenario Buzzardhut has done a chart on prophetic events. The rapture is naturally before the 1st yr of tribulation & he has Gog & Magog in the 3-4 yr timeframe. http://www.buzzardhut.net/index/ETT/...vChartVert.htm
                  All of you guys gave me some really great information that IS uplifting. I sometimes forget how near Christ really is. One question tho: What clues gave Buzzardhut to put the Magog senario in the 3-4 year timeframe? I thought that happened before the Trib starts? Just curious on your thoughts and his. Thanks LOML
                  Last edited by Jesus's Girl; October 13th, 2010, 01:31 AM. Reason: fixed an error

Comment

One question tho: What clues gave Buzzardhut to put the Magog senario in the 3-4 year timeframe? I thought that happened before the Trib starts? Just curious on your thoughts and his. Thanks LOML
                    I cannot speak for buzz, but I dont place the God & Magog event in the 4th year....I think it will happen much earlier in the Trib or just before it (but after the Rapture). If it happened during the 4th year, then the Antichrist would have already taken up the seat in the Temple an proclaimed himself to be God, right? So to me, that would be like satan fighting against himself. Rather, I think it will happen when the Jews are in control, which would be in the first 3.5 years of Daniel's 70th Week or before. I sometimes wonder if this event will be the catalyst that triggers the covenant between the AC and Israel, which will include the "peaceful" rebuilding of the temple....then again, the Word does say that after the Gog & Magog event that Israel will know it was the Lord their God (so why would they follow the AC ). As you can see, I definitely dont have this all together

Some people think that the Gog and Magog event is a description of the battle of Armageddon. I dont think so, however. The Word in the KJV says that 1/6th of Gog's army will be spared (not sure why the other translations dont say this)......at Armageddon, all the wicked in the armies going against Jerusalem will be destroyed.

Just food for thought...

God bless,
                    - JIL

Comment

• Originally posted by JesusIsLord View Post
                      I cannot speak for buzz, but I dont place the God & Magog event in the 4th year....I think it will happen much earlier in the Trib or just before it (but after the Rapture). If it happened during the 4th year, then the Antichrist would have already taken up the seat in the Temple an proclaimed himself to be God, right? So to me, that would be like satan fighting against himself. Rather, I think it will happen when the Jews are in control, which would be in the first 3.5 years of Daniel's 70th Week or before. I sometimes wonder if this event will be the catalyst that triggers the covenant between the AC and Israel, which will include the "peaceful" rebuilding of the temple....then again, the Word does say that after the Gog & Magog event that Israel will know it was the Lord their God (so why would they follow the AC ). As you can see, I definitely dont have this all together

Some people think that the Gog and Magog event is a description of the battle of Armageddon. I dont think so, however. The Word in the KJV says that 1/6th of Gog's army will be spared (not sure why the other translations dont say this)......at Armageddon, all the wicked in the armies going against Jerusalem will be destroyed.

Just food for thought...

God bless,
                      - JIL
                      So basically when the Magog Invasion happens and God acts, Israel will no longer be blind, but when the Antichrist is revealed decieves everyone, will Israel turn against God again and be decieved after just having the "blindness" lifted off? But after I read Buzz's thoughts on the placement of the Magog Invasion, I got really excited: you see Christmas decorations out... you know that Thanksgiving is near! It's like that. If the Magog Invasion does happen after the start of the Tribulation that means we are so close to the Tribulation, but even closer to the Rapture because of all the signs of the 2nd Coming that we are seeing along with Trib signs. I wish and pray Jesus would come today!

Comment

• Originally posted by JesusIsLord View Post
                        I cannot speak for buzz, but I dont place the God & Magog event in the 4th year....I think it will happen much earlier in the Trib or just before it (but after the Rapture).
                        Why do you think the Magog Invasion will happen after the Rapture? Just curious. I would love it if the Rapture would take place before the Magog Invasion because we are seeing all the nations listed in Ezekiel 38-39 in line right now.

Comment

Why do you think the Magog Invasion will happen after the Rapture? Just curious. I would love it if the Rapture would take place before the Magog Invasion because we are seeing all the nations listed in Ezekiel 38-39 in line right now.
                          Jesus's Girl, I don't believe we will be here for Gog & Magog. I have a feeling we will be out of here before that.
                          sigpic John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. Love RR Family, Janice

Comment

• Originally posted by LightOfMyLife View Post
                            Jesus's Girl, I don't believe we will be here for Gog & Magog. I have a feeling we will be out of here before that.
                            I'm just curious as to why you feel that way. I wish, wish, pray, pray that we won't see the Gog/Magog Invasion because I want the Lord to come NOW! I hear a lot of different theories, but I like your feeling the best. I wish we were outta here that soon because we see the stage set for all the end time events to occur.

Comment

I'm just curious as to why you feel that way. I wish, wish, pray, pray that we won't see the Gog/Magog Invasion because I want the Lord to come NOW! I hear a lot of different theories, but I like your feeling the best. I wish we were outta here that soon because we see the stage set for all the end time events to occur.
                              Same here ma'am.. I feel with everyday we're getting closer, and frankly I'm ready to go.. Everyday is a spiritual battle...some days I lose, most I win through Christ..I just ask for his Grace and Mercy everyday before I leave the house..

But it'd be great to finally get home w/ all my bros and sis. in the Lord :P

Comment

It is because of these verses:

Ez 39:22 From that day forward the house of Israel will know that I am the LORD their God.
                                Ez 39:29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD.

What these verses tell us is that Israel is going to return to their Old Testament Covenant with God. Of course, God wants them to accept Jesus as his Messiah. This is the reason for the Tribulation, known in the Old Testament as the Time of Jacob's Trouble. This means a new temple will be built. This means the Church most likely will not be here.

Ezekiel 36-40 gives us a time line for Israel. Ezekiel 36-37 tells us about the returning Jews to Israel, the nation resurrecting, and prospering. Ezekiel 38-39 tells us about a massive invasion that Israel can't stop, only God can, and he does. Ezekiel 40 tells us about a new Temple.

Have you ever heard of the Samson Option? If not, it is an Israeli military option that can only be enacted if Israel is going to be invaded and all looks to be lost. The nation at that point will set off their nuclear weapons killing not only themselves, but also taking their enemies with them. This option came about because Israel refuses to ever experience a holocaust again, although they will when they make a literal pact with the devil.

Comment

Working...
                                X