This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UberMaben View Post
    I just got done with a study that concluded that Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38 are the same war, Armageddon. I need to pull my notes together and share them. This was the same study that came to the post-trib, pre-wrath conclusion, so don't be too surprised
    Our last Sunday School quarterly lesson was on Ezekiel. The lesson on Ezekiel 38, 39 said that this war will take place at the end of the Millennium And these courses usually have a solid Biblical foundation.

Needless to say, I was highly disappointed.
    "We have no defenses against space junk, people!" - Take me away!

*Ask me about my testimony!*

Comment

• Originally posted by Miggy View Post
      Our last Sunday School quarterly lesson was on Ezekiel. The lesson on Ezekiel 38, 39 said that this war will take place at the end of the Millennium And these courses usually have a solid Biblical foundation.

Needless to say, I was highly disappointed.
      Hey, nice quote there!
      "The God of Angel armies is always by my side!"~Chris Tomlin

Comment

• Originally posted by 4EverHis View Post
        I have to respectfully disagree Gods Word does not speak of a "war" in Psalm 83, but rather "conspiracy" talk, and a Prayer. There is no action,, no war, just talk. The call, talk, for the destruction of Israel has been occurring for centuries, up until present day. Psalm 83 is the Prayer, Isaiah 17 is Gods answer to that Prayer.
        Looking good. 83 is Israel's enemies plotting against her, their plans culminate in Gog's invasion.

The return of Christ to destroy Israel's enemies is the answer to his prayer, see verses 13-15

Comment

• There are some like Dr. David Reagan, Bill Salus and some other prophecy teachers feel Psalm 83 is a prophecy that will happen in short order. This may be one we just have to wait and see who is right. Consider that this may be a prayer as well as a prophecy.

Comment

• Sorry WordOmatic

I disagree with your new interpretation of Ps 83 and the up coming events.

I'm hoping for rapture soon anyway.

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree Gods Word does not speak of a "war" in Psalm 83, but rather "conspiracy" talk, and a Prayer. There is no action,, no war, just talk. The call, talk, for the destruction of Israel has been occurring for centuries, up until present day. Psalm 83 is the Prayer, Isaiah 17 is Gods answer to that Prayer.

The Prayer
              Psalm 83:13
              13. O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.

The Prayer Answered
              Isaiah 17:13
              13. The nations shall rush like the rushing of many waters: but God shall rebuke them, and they shall flee far off, and shall be chased as the chaff of the mountains before the wind, and like a rolling thing before the whirlwind.

Yes, but Gods Word first describes Israelís "safety" in Vs.11. God tells us that Israel is at "rest", followed by a comma, then "dwell safely". Israel is attempting to recuperate from almost being completely destroyed through the Isaiah 17 war. The Isaiah 17 war leaves Israel with her immediate surrounding enemy nations either destroyed, or nullified. But Israel herself, is left severely wounded, barely surviving God tells us. Israel will have fought a multiple fronted war completely alone, have exhausted their weapons, with no nation willing to re-supply them. This sets the stage for the Ezekiel 38 invasion. Israel will be in a primitive state, and so will the invading forces.
              Ezekiel 38:11
              11.And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

Yes, this is true. The enemy nations surrounding Israel will be destroyed and left nullified. Gods Judgment is coming to them. Russia and their coalition have an unimpeded strait path to Israel.

Isaiah 17-
              Damascus
              Jordan
              West Bank
              other neighboring nations that "rush in"
              Ezekiel 25- Judgment
              Jordan
              Gaza
              Lebanon
              Egypt

Again, I have to respectfully disagree. Psalm 83 is not a war. Regarding Iran, yes they are only mentioned in Ezekiel 38. However, something will indeed happen to Iran prior to Ezekiel 38. Gods Word relegates Iran with all the other tagalongs following Gog in vs.5. Iran is not a co-invader with Russia, but rather a follower. Whether it be Israel attacking Iran, or a giant earthquake hits Iran, something will happen to Iran to diminish them in power.
              Mrs.C..In fact,IMHO,we are seeing Psalm 83 being fulfilled right before our eyes.How many times have Israels enemys said; "Come and let us cut them off from being a nation,that the name of Israel be remembered no more".How many times has Amanutjob said that he will wipe Israel off the face of the map...Next to come? Isaiah 17 and that might be closer than we think with the tensions involded in the latest meetings between Obama and Bibi.

Israels enemys just might be starting to "Think an evil thought"..Come soon Lord.. for Israel.
              Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.í

Comment

• Originally posted by ByFaithIFly View Post
                Mrs.C..In fact,IMHO,we are seeing Psalm 83 being fulfilled right before our eyes.How many times have Israels enemys said; "Come and let us cut them off from being a nation,that the name of Israel be remembered no more".How many times has Amanutjob said that he will wipe Israel off the face of the map...Next to come? Isaiah 17 and that might be closer than we think with the tensions involded in the latest meetings between Obama and Bibi.

Israels enemys just might be starting to "Think an evil thought"..Come soon Lord.. for Israel.
                Yes ByFaith, Psalm 83 is already being fulfilled. For centuries the enemy nations of Israel have been conspiring to destroy Israel. It is the same recycled evil that goes back to the Garden of Eden. God tells us that he recognizes this evil, in His Proclamation against the prince of Tyrus
                Ezekiel 28:13
                13.Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Yes, Isaiah 17 is up next, and it will be horrible for Israel. God tells us in His Word, that Israel fights this multiple fronted war, alone, with no help from anyone, and they will be severely wounded.
                After Isaiah 17, Russia and their tagalong coalition will indeed be thinking an "evil thought", revenge, retaliatory action...

Comment

Yes ByFaith, Psalm 83 is already being fulfilled. For centuries the enemy nations of Israel have been conspiring to destroy Israel. It is the same recycled evil that goes back to the Garden of Eden. God tells us that he recognizes this evil, in His Proclamation against the prince of Tyrus
                  Ezekiel 28:13
                  13.Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Yes, Isaiah 17 is up next, and it will be horrible for Israel. God tells us in His Word, that Israel fights this multiple fronted war, alone, with no help from anyone, and they will be severely wounded.
                  After Isaiah 17, Russia and their tagalong coalition will indeed be thinking an "evil thought", revenge, retaliatory action...
                  The last paragraph gave me cold chills knowing the reality of this prophecy could be as soon as this summer.

On a happier note the first paragraph with the Ezekiel verse about the beauty of the garden of Eden is a possible foreshaddowing of the eternal beauty of the New Earth/Heaven which sounds absolutey gorgeous that I can only imagine how dazzling it will be. Can't wait....God's creativity is simply amazing. I finally bought the book everyone here keeps talking about, Heaven, by Randy Alcorn and I am loving it!
                  Jesus is coming now at "Any Moment"! Are you ready?

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Praying for the Peace of Jerusalem. Amen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WVBORN56 View Post
                    The last paragraph gave me cold chills knowing the reality of this prophecy could be as soon as this summer.

On a happier note the first paragraph with the Ezekiel verse about the beauty of the garden of Eden is a possible foreshaddowing of the eternal beauty of the New Earth/Heaven which sounds absolutey gorgeous that I can only imagine how dazzling it will be. Can't wait....God's creativity is simply amazing. I finally bought the book everyone here keeps talking about, Heaven, by Randy Alcorn and I am loving it!
                    I just started Heaven too. It's wonderful.

Comment

• "Impending Invasion of Israel" series - Part 1

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Gog-Magog Battle - Ezekiel 38:1-6

By Nathan Jones

From the latest news headlines: Iran, Russia and Turkey have become allies. Fundamentalist Islam is uniting old Middle Eastern enemies against Israel. Russia is supplying rockets and weapons to those very same nations. Israel now has the means of becoming exceedingly wealthy.

To the student of Bible prophecy, these and other modern developments combined form a very familiar scenario already foretold in ancient biblical writings. Some 2,600 years ago, the young prophet Ezekiel relayed God's passionate message, telling us that when these events fully play out the battle that will occur will end up changing the very face of the world. Nothing will be the same for anyone by the time the Gog-Magog Battle is over.

To find out how today's headlines will eventually play out, let's inspect God's prophecy given to Ezekiel in the Book of Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39....

Full article here: http://www.lamblion.us/2010/04/gog-m...iel-381-6.html
                      "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

• Impending. Good word. It's only a matter of time.

Comment

• ^^ Yep.

As "imminent" as this appears to be, I personally believe the Psalm 83 war will happen before the Gog/Magog attempted invasion. In the winning of that one against her *palestinian* enemies - even though Israel will be very hurt herself - she will "expand her borders" and finally "dwell securely in the Land". She will also have "spoils".

The Magog confederacy will be emboldened to attack.

And God Himself will Personally defend Israel!!
                          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

• Good article iSong,. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• Psalm 83 Conflict on The Horizon?

Major Mideast wars are coming according to the Bible prophecies in Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 38-39. It would be prudent for people to prepare now, in 2010, for their soon and sequential arrivals.

It is public knowledge that as of December 2009 Iran, Syria, Hezbollah, and Hamas became allied together by bonafide war pacts against Israel. Iran is a member of Ezekiel 38-39 and Syria, Hezbollah, and Hamas appear to be identified in Psalm 83. These war pacts reportedly commit them to fight alongside each other should any of them come under attack by Israel. Had these war pacts been in place during the 22 day conflict between Israel and Hamas that ended in January 2009, the outcome could have been dramatically different.

Back then the Israeli Defense Forces (I.D.F.) seemingly ambushed Hamas with their retaliatory show of force and caught these others off guard. None of them were able to lift a finger to rescue Hamas from the pounding inflicted by the I.D.F. Iranís nuclear program was incomplete, Hezbollah was in the process of restocking their rocket arsenals, and Syrian war scars from 1948, 1967, and 1973 made them reluctant to join alongside Hamas. Thus, these vowed enemies of Israel were reduced to sideline saber-rattling at the time.

However, matters have deteriorated and are quite different today. A brief review of Mideast events occurring since the Israel Ė Hamas war suggests the Fertile Crescent is presently a ticking end timeís bomb set to explode. In addition to the war pacts described above, here are a few more troublesome interim occurrences:

1. Israelis are being fitted for gas masks.
                              2. Israelis are preparing for a multi-front chemical war with Iran, Hezbollah, Syria, and Hamas.
                              3. Israel is constructing new and renovating thousands of old bomb shelters.
                              4. Israel is threatening a pre-emptive strike against Iranís nuclear sites.
                              5. Iran could have a nuclear bomb within eighteen months.
                              6. Syria is now thought to have the most powerful scud missiles in the world.
                              7. Syria has reportedly shipped scud missiles to Hezbollah.
                              8. Syria has threatened to attack major Israeli cities in the event of war.
                              9. Hezbollah has declared that it can wipe out one-half of Israelís army.
                              10. Hezbollah has been training for hand to hand combat inside Israeli cities.
                              11. Hezbollah and Syria reportedly have chemical weapons.
                              12. Hezbollah has stockpiled over 50,000 rockets.
                              13. Jerusalem and Tel Aviv are within rocket reach of Israelís enemies.
                              14. Hamas reportedly has rockets that can reach Israelís nuclear reactor in Dimona.

the rest of it here:

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2010/April16/1642.html

Comment

• The main question is what exactly is going to detonate the powder keg
                                I just don't see anymore limited skirmishes as the last few.
                                sigpic
                                I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
                                Psalm 16:8 KJV

Comment

Working...
                                X