Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by not a prophet View Post
    ~ Another Messinanic Myth is that God commands people to
    Pray For The Peace 0f Jerusalem in Psalm 122.

When this is a song of David.

And not a command from God.
    Let's finish addressing one before moving on to another.

What about Babylon's 'wine'?
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Please! Did you really just sign up to stir the pot?
      John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

I forgot this most important thing and I didn't want to ammend my last post anymore. The Book of Psalms is part of the Holy Scriptures. We have verification, from Peter, that the Holy Spirit spoke through David:

Acts 1:16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

and we know this about ALL scripture...

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

David wrote that which the Lord inspired him to write. I'm eagerly waiting for your answers to my questions NAP.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
        For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

not a prophet - You were directed to answer the questions asked of you here but you posted a poem instead and then logged off.

One more chance to answer the questions - you are on ever thinner ice here.
          "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
            not a prophet - You were directed to answer the questions asked of you here but you posted a poem instead and then logged off.

One more chance to answer the questions - you are on ever thinner ice here.
            And we know who carrys the ice pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
              :banned
              "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                I haz artillery if necessary. :explode
                sigpic
                Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
                  Acts 2:30 calls David a prophet. On that basis, I am willing to take David's word that we are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. When a prophet speaks, it behooves one to listen and act. Also, this wouldn't qualify as a Messianic myth. This Psalm mentions peace for Jerusalem and doesn't refer to any characteristic of the Messiah or anything He would say or do.

As for your question about the Jews and Babylon, the answer is yes. Babylon did capture the Jews and moved many of them there. What is your point?

I have questions for you. Do you believe that the Israeli's are entitled to live in Israel or that they are interlopers there?

Do you believe Israeli's are still God's chosen people, or do you believe that He has cast them aside in favor of someone, anyone else?

Do you support the children of Jacob's right to dwell in the Holy Land in peace, or do you believe they should vacate it and the land should be given to the palestinians or some other group?

Do you believe that Jesus will rule from Jerusalem during a period of time lasting 1000 years, commonly referred to as the Millenial Kingdom?
                  ~ I'm not saying it's wrong to pray for Jerusalem.
                  Its just not a command from God. Which many preach.

This song of David's was about his 'ascent' up to Jerusalem to The Lord House with others.
                  'Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, may they prosper who love you.' Is David's prayer. Not God's Command.
                  David said, 'peace within your walls and prosperity within your Palaces For THE SAKE 0F MY Brethern & Companions' - v.8
                  David was speaking peace, within you (jerusalem) BECAUSE 0F The House 0f The Lord God, I will Seek Your Peace.' - v.9
                  This was not an all time Prophetic Command from God to every generaltion of God's people.

Of course I believe The Land belongs to The Children 0f Israel.
                  Jesus will come back for the 1,000 yr Reign to set up His Davidic Kingdom with The 12 Apostles 0f The Lamb
                  whom Jesus said will also sit on 12 Thrones Judging The 12 Tribes 0f Israel. - Matt.19:28 - Rev.19-20:4

Comment

Its just not a command from God.
                    nap - Again you ignore the whole counsel of God's Word.

Question: "Why should we pray for the peace of Jerusalem?"

Answer:
                    God tells us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem in Psalm 122:6-9: “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: ‘May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.’ For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say, ‘Peace be within you.’ For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.” From this passage, we see that praying for peace and good to come to God’s holy city benefits those who pray. God promised blessings on those who bless Israel and curses on those who curse her (Genesis 12:3), and since Jerusalem is depicted as the center of Jewish life, it follows that those who pray for her peace and security will be granted peace themselves.

Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is most appropriate for a city whose name literally means “peaceful” and which is the residence of the God of peace. The phrase “peace be upon Israel” is found also at the end of Psalm 125:5 and 128:6, indicating that it was a common farewell blessing. Further, Jerusalem will be the scene of Christ’s return (Acts 1:11; Zechariah 14:4), and at that time He will establish permanent peace with its walls. All Christians should be eagerly awaiting His return and praying for the time when the Prince of Peace will reign in Jerusalem.

Jesus also said that we should be peacemakers, which would include praying for peace. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God” (Matthew 5:9). And we are commanded to do our best to live at peace with others. “If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men” (Romans 12:18). So, God wants us to seek peace among all people, and that would include praying for peace in Jerusalem, especially because of its special place in His heart. http://www.gotquestions.org/pray-peace-Jerusalem.html
                    sigpic
                    Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

2Timothy 3:16

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, "

After reading many of your posts I now understand what you mean that you are truly 'non denominational". Perhaps non biblical would be more accurate

Comment

NAP, you are a hard one to figure out. So many of us here are waiting with great anticipation for Israel to inherit the promises God made to her. We are thrilled for her because through her, our Lord and Savior came to us! When they finally acknowledge Jesus, the Lord will receive great glory!! Glory for our Lord, that's what life is about!!! You don't seem happy or excited, but more like you're looking for reasons why Israel isn't the vine or why they're Babylon.

Are you thrilled knowing that soon, Jesus, a Jew, is going to return, reclaim Israel and lock up His enemy, Satan, for 1000 years? Does it give you great joy to know that Israel, the Fathers wife and mother of Jesus, will be reclaimed and placed ahead of all nations, bringing God great glory, and that in a little over 1000 years, Satan is going to be defeated once and for all and consigned eternally to the lake of fire?

These things thrill me more than I can express! I can't wait to kneel before Him and proclaim, with great joy, that He is King of kings and Lord of lords.

My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
                        For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Baruch haba b'Shem Yahweh!!

sigpic

Comment

Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is not much different from praying "Thy kingdom come."

Comment

Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
                            NAP, you are a hard one to figure out. So many of us here are waiting with great anticipation for Israel to inherit the promises God made to her. We are thrilled for her because through her, our Lord and Savior came to us! When they finally acknowledge Jesus, the Lord will receive great glory!! Glory for our Lord, that's what life is about!!! You don't seem happy or excited, but more like you're looking for reasons why Israel isn't the vine or why they're Babylon.

Are you thrilled knowing that soon, Jesus, a Jew, is going to return, reclaim Israel and lock up His enemy, Satan, for 1000 years? Does it give you great joy to know that Israel, the Fathers wife and mother of Jesus, will be reclaimed and placed ahead of all nations, bringing God great glory, and that in a little over 1000 years, Satan is going to be defeated once and for all and consigned eternally to the lake of fire?

These things thrill me more than I can express! I can't wait to kneel before Him and proclaim, with great joy, that He is King of kings and Lord of lords.

Joel 3:2
                            I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Joel 3:16
                            The Lord will roar from Zion
                            and thunder from Jerusalem;
                            the earth and the heavens will tremble...
                            It will be quite a day, a day like no other.
                            Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by M4EVERHIS View Post
                              "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, "

After reading many of your posts I now understand what you mean that you are truly 'non denominational". Perhaps non biblical would be more accurate
                              I believe what scripture says. Not what someone teaches that it says.

- 'All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God'
                              - But, not (ALL) scripture is given by The Commands 0f God.

God can breath without Commanding anything.

God breathed into Adam but it didn't make him infallible nor inerrant.

In the back of The New King James Bible is a "How To Study Guide"
                              under "Principles 0f Bible Interpretation 111".

Number 1. "ALWAYS Remember That THE Bible Is God's Infallible Inerrantly Inspired Word."

This is the false doctrine we've been taught which is not scripture.
                              It's an interpretation on a 'How To Study Guide". From Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan51 View Post
                                Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is not much different from praying "Thy kingdom come."

Except that Jesus taught the one prayer.
                                And David said the other.

To me that's a big difference.

Jesus Disciples "went out side the camp (jerusalem) bearing His reproach.
                                For HERE we hve NO Continuing City
                                but we seek The One To Come (New Jerusalem)." - Hebrews 13:13,14

Comment

Working...
                                X