This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting tone, there, JL.

To answer the easy one: I have shelf stable food that is good for many years. It's not a "hoard" by any means but it will sure fill a few bellies. We will just have to wait and see on the rest. I refuse to believe that God would be incapable of preserving it and leading people to it. That, however, is irrelevant because we know someone who is completely unsaved. He has a house key. We have given him permission to loot after the rapture.

He is laughing now. Not for long. I hope he can renounce his sin and repent.

I guess the objection I have: the original question. Prepare OR have faith. It presupposes the fact that one can, and should do both.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
    'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
    I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
      Interesting tone, there, JL.

To answer the easy one: I have shelf stable food that is good for many years. It's not a "hoard" by any means but it will sure fill a few bellies. We will just have to wait and see on the rest. I refuse to believe that God would be incapable of preserving it and leading people to it. That, however, is irrelevant because we know someone who is completely unsaved. He has a house key. We have given him permission to loot after the rapture.

He is laughing now. Not for long. I hope he can renounce his sin and repent.

I guess the objection I have: the original question. Prepare OR have faith. It presupposes the fact that one can, and should do both.
      I think you have taken this too personally and out of context from the OP.

As far as the rest, you are right, God is capable of preserving your hoard for someone to eat, I just find it an unlikely scenario.
      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Here's something I've never understood about the "hoarders" - if it's God's will to conform us into the image of His Son - so it will be - and if part of that is to expand our faith in Him through our times of absolute need and extremity in life in all the ways that happens spiritually and physically...how is it they think they can get away from that lesson by pre-storing stuff? God can surely demolish all man's fleshly works and storage bins any way He wants and it's back to our nothingness and our reliance on Him to provide us with our bread - daily.

We've had gorgeous testimonies of people here who have gone through it and though they might not have chosen it for themselves at the time, what they learned about God and His faithfulness was, no contest, more than well worth it. Christlikeness.
        "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
          I agree one should have both. Why not? If you see a storm coming you do what you can to "prep" & take cover. If people consider me to have a lack of faith because I "prep" then so be it. It just means I'm in a better position to deal with circumstances should disaster strike, and able to feed them since I've done my part.

I will never understand the "God will provide" mentality that people have and these same folks do NOTHING........(not accusing anybody on this board of it either).

God is my #1 protector and first line of defense--after that Mr. Smith & Wesson gets called
          John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

I don't think being prepared , at least for a short time, is a bad thing. Yes, God takes care of me, but when there is a tornado I get into my hall closet and pray. I don't just sit in my living room like it is no big deal. And as far as no one being able to eat my food I have in my pantry after the rapture because it might be several years before they can get to it--well, I imagine that with all the Christians gone there could be a shortage in the stores for a while and I have unsaved family that I think would come here to check on me and hopefully they can use my stuff, and rescue my dogs while they are at it! I hope they check out some of my Christian books and DVD's while they are here too. If my family can't get here then I have several unsaved neighbors that might get to it.
            Back to being prepared...I don't like it when people who are capable of working just wait on handouts. I work and save money so I can repair my car and pay my doctor etc. I am not planning on locking myself in my house and fighting it out if my neighborhood becomes like a warzone to guard my food. If it gets that bad they can just shoot me and have it. I don't care to be here if it gets like that. But there can be many things that can happen where I will be glad I have supplies for a few weeks. I just see it as being sensible. Like when God said if a man won't work he shouldn't eat. I think that means to me that yes, God provides for me, but I need to use my good sense too. Otherwise, everyone would just sit around and expect Him to just drop food out of the sky for them. Kind of like the occupy wall street crowd thinks it should be.

Comment

Maybe we don't see God provide for us in the midst of a storm because we don't let Him. how can He show you a miracle if you take it out of His hands?

faith will sustain us in any situation, if we have it. Matt 6:25-34

If you let Him, God will provide.
              For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
                Maybe we don't see God provide for us in the midst of a storm because we don't let Him. how can He show you a miracle if you take it out of His hands?

I am more than willing to let God help! (no pride issues here) I've been so sick these days I can't get through the next 24 hours without God's help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                  I am more than willing to let God help! (no pride issues here) I've been so sick these days I can't get through the next 24 hours without God's help.
                  I also don't want to suggest that God is a genie in a bottle. His will doesn't always match up with ours.

One thing is certain, if we had greater faith, we would see greater things accomplished.

Comment

Yeah I think we're on the same page, I too want to believe that our Heavenly Father has our backs, I think also HE certainly has shown in past, that HE uses people to prepare.. Look how He uses Joseph to prepare Egypt for the long drought, storing up grain and not only saving the Egyptians, but the Jews as well, ( of course that was the whole of God's plan) of course that was to teach the Jews a lesson and also make them even more dependent on Egypt, so God could rally them and deliver them also from slavery, Ok getting away from the point here, but it shows us, in my ity bity mind, that God delivers, He provides and sustains. Ok now do we know if Mana is once again going to fall from the skies and feed the people left behind? I kinda doubt it. Will he send birds in vast flocks to feed their need of meat, kinda doubt it, not that HE can't mind you...With the Restrainer Gone, the tribulation in force, the anti-christ showing his so called powers and works, only to lead the people further down the trail of distruction, but of course they will be so hungry and everything in shambles, Soylent Green mircle food bars, like Lamnes bread, where one bite can fill the stomach of an average man, ( I had to throw that in, ha ) but all kidding aside, the times will be so terrible, famine, fire consuming what is it 1/3 of lands I think, but there will be things that do survive, I think if it's God's plan, that those that hoard, not picking on anyone, but Why can't God use those people who put up rations, that might be used by others in those terrible trying time, who can say...But I will say, to get so carried away, not trusting God at all, fortifying underground bunkers and such, they will be found out, hopefully by needy, but I fear also, the powers that be, will conviscate any and all things of worth, maybe just to deprive the wandering unmarked ones...I lean on the practical, knowing that the restrainer is gone during such times and it will be every man, woman and child for themselves, but I can only imagine and I really don't want too either, it's such a terrible thing that is coming, lets work on helping others come to know the LORD and lets all catch the next rapture and be out of here.

Comment

I think someone should define what is being prepared for. I don't think any of the people here are stockpiling to ride out the apocalypse, just using common sense based on their needs (medical in particular) and the hazards of the area they inhabit.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvercord View Post
                        I think someone should define what is being prepared for. I don't think any of the people here are stockpiling to ride out the apocalypse, just using common sense based on their needs (medical in particular) and the hazards of the area they inhabit.
                        From our experience (which is quite a bit) some are secretly hedging their bets about the Rapture. If it doesn't happen at all or if it happens later than they're comfortable with, they feel they will be benefitted by their *foresight* and *self-reliance.*

Don't get mad, folks, I said "some". If it doesn't apply to you, let it go.
                        "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

I also don't want to suggest that God is a genie in a bottle. His will doesn't always match up with ours.

One thing is certain, if we had greater faith, we would see greater things accomplished.
                          First let me say it is wise to have something set aside for a rainy day if you can. The cricket and the ant story goes without saying.

I have been forced to take one day at a time. Not having good health I can't work even if I wanted to go out and find a job. I can do little for myself each day. It is a struggle now days to just get showered and get to the doctor's office let alone do any food shopping, preparing meals, cleaning. The garden hasn't been touched my me in quiet a while, I've had other family do most of what i cannot. Humbling and frustrating. You learn things don't get done when you would like them to be done or in the way you would like things to be done. You have to just say thanks and not complain.

So all my income and daily provision comes from God through people around me. I cannot even if I wanted to do anything to prepare ahead of time, I just live day to day now. I have seen God provide more than I could imagine already. It is still difficult and there are some things I lack and would dearly like to do, like get my carpet cleaned. Yes God's provision has not matched up to my hopes or desires. At times God's provision has been far greater but most times I miss out on things and most necessties in life are adequate but not ideally what I would like (I am not ungrateful just that I certainly get the no frills version given to me rather than the deluxe).

Through my declining health and strength and of course my own lack of independence I am forced right now to look to God because there is no other alternative. I can't do much for myself these days. It has been a very humbling experience. If things got really bad here where I am then I guess I would be one of the first casualties of bad times but somehow God has sustained my husband and I until now and without Gods blessings and grace in our lives I don't know what our situation would be right now let alone tomorrow. We would not have survived. I marvel how God seems to bring us what we need when we need it.

However if you cannot God doesn't abandon you and this I have experienced firsthand.

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                            From our experience (which is quite a bit) some are secretly hedging their bets about the Rapture. If it doesn't happen at all or if it happens later than they're comfortable with, they feel they will be benefitted by their *foresight* and *self-reliance.*

Don't get mad, folks, I said "some". If it doesn't apply to you, let it go.
                            Well in that case, the tribulation saints will overcome by the blood of the lamb and their testimony, not their forethought to stockpile. I might be missing the point, but I would not want to prolong life on this earth during the tribulation. Really though a modest stockpile can be a good idea depending on your locale, but I don't see the creation of one capable of sustaining life through the tribulation as possible or practical.

Comment

I've got one eye on the road and one eye on the sky.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Silvercord View Post
                                I think someone should define what is being prepared for.
                                Read the OP.
                                Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Working...
                                X