This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should we look for?

I know the Bible spoke signs in the sun and in the moon concerning the end days, but what should I look for?

Comment

• Originally posted by m281920 View Post
      I know the Bible spoke signs in the sun and in the moon concerning the end days, but what should I look for?

Whoa ! Is that a Good question. I too will be waiting for some interesting answers.

Comment

• Yeah, because logically I should be looking for something in the earth's moon and sun right? I just don't know.

Comment

• Well acutally it does say -Sun - Moon and Stars

Comment

• Originally posted by I'mready View Post
            Well acutally it does say -Sun - Moon and Stars

Luke 21:25 25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

If this is what you are refering to - WE won't be looking for these - the Trib saints will - but it is interesting - what THEY will be looking for?

Comment

• true indeed. I was driving home the other night though and thought Lord what would I look for if I was looking at the moon or the sun specifically? I don't know.

I imagine for the stars it may be things like comets shooting stars ect....as if all stellar life was getting excited about the return of Christ?

Comment

• I agree that it is a tribulation thing, but I thought that maybe as close as we are there would be something taking place already. I guess things could happen over night. It would just be nice to be able to show a child or non-believer that the Bible prophecied something so viewable to the human eye that no one could deny its signifigance and reality.

Comment

• I believe they will be obvious 'signs' - that the whole world will be able to 'see' and to the Trib saints -- they will have significance - to the world it may be just strange and unusual things happening in the Heavens

Comment

• so maybe it is a vain thing for a church age saint to look for a tribulation sign?

Comment

• Originally posted by m281920 View Post
                      so maybe it is a vain thing for a church age saint to look for a tribulation sign?
                      I don't think so - we do it all the time here - maybe to leave information behind or we may see some things approaching - but do not fully understand because the time is not yet here.
                      After all the whole bible is there to study and that is how we determine where prophecy fits. My Humble Opinion that is!

Comment

• Good point!

Comment

• If we are speaking about Luke 21:25 The question I have is, does this refer to us or the tribulation Saints? The way I see 21:10 to 21:38 it seems to be the tribulation Saints.

Comment

• We will see interesting things during the birth pangs leading up to the rapture, but I personally don't think anything especially spectacular will happen. Nothing that would make unbelievers take notice and wonder whether the signs were supernatural. The real fireworks in the sky is going to be during the trib. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• When our Lord Jesus Christ repeatedly told us to watch, there must be something He expected us to be able to watch for (Mark 13:32-37).

Some of the commands to watch may be directed to those saints who are here during the Great Tribulation (perhaps Matthew 24:42 applies to them), but I think the command is also to us as saints of this church age.

I have at hand a list of 38 signs which may indicate, more or less, the nearness of the Rapture. I plan to present these to a home Bible study tomorrow night. I have another list of 16 signs which take place during the Interim, that time after the Rapture until the appearance of Christ in power and great glory (Matthew 24:30) in the public manifestation of Christ at the Second Advent.

There is nothing in our day that remains to be fulfilled before the Rapture occurs, but there are signs which should keep us watching expectantly for His return.

Comment

• Originally posted by bookworm1711 View Post
                                When our Lord Jesus Christ repeatedly told us to watch, there must be something He expected us to be able to watch for (Mark 13:32-37).

Some of the commands to watch may be directed to those saints who are here during the Great Tribulation (perhaps Matthew 24:42 applies to them), but I think the command is also to us as saints of this church age.

I have at hand a list of 38 signs which may indicate, more or less, the nearness of the Rapture. I plan to present these to a home Bible study tomorrow night. I have another list of 16 signs which take place during the Interim, that time after the Rapture until the appearance of Christ in power and great glory (Matthew 24:30) in the public manifestation of Christ at the Second Advent.

There is nothing in our day that remains to be fulfilled before the Rapture occurs, but there are signs which should keep us watching expectantly for His return.
                                Amen! to what you - So can we see them !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X