This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thomas View Post
    Well personally, I believe it, but it doesnít stop me from doing Godís good work.
    1 Thessalonians 5:1 to 11:
    1 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
    4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
    Verse 6 tell us and be like those who are asleep but be sober. I donít thing that asleep here mean dead but just not paying attention of what is happen. It tell me that the scripture has the information to give me a good idea if that day upon us, soon or in the far future.
    Also many Christian have a different view of that day, I tent to consider all of what they say just in case they may have something to tell me that I fail to recognize before. Itís like my letter to my family and friends who will be left behind, I review it regularly as tome progress and as I discover new angles of it and this make my letter most current.
    In the other hand, this past week by Jack Kelley, I got a letter on his though on ďOur Itching EarsĒ http://www.gracethrufaith.com/ikvot/our-itching-ears
    Itís a very good text to read, it help to keep things in to perspective.

You will surly get other reply on this as well.

Tom

This scripture comes to my mind every single time someone says we are not supposed to know the day. It Clearly states that we are not in darkness so that this day should surprise us like a thief.

So many times I read on this message board that we are not supposed to know the day or time of Jesus return, when this scripture is crystal clear that we should know and should not be surprised.

The Jews missed out on when Jesus came the first time because they put their own spin on what the scriptures say....and I think it can happen again because so many people are being told they are not supposed to know. It is so strange that this scripture is ignored.

Comment

• Some days, hard days, when I look at this world I think every day....every minute....every second.....is one day, one minute, one second closer to the time....and that helps.....knowing that whenever it is, and hopefully soon, it draws every closer with each passing moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Off-Road View Post
        Are only those that have received the Holy Spirit going to be taken? (I am not asking to debate, I just am seeking knowledge

Correct, only those who have the Holy Spirit and those under the age of accountablity will go.

Comment

• Anyone who is saved has the Holy Spirit. We cannot even come to Christ unless the Holy Spirit convicts us.

Comment

Are only those that have received the Holy Spirit going to be taken? (I am not asking to debate, I just am seeking knowledge
            Would think so-b/c when you die, only the Holy Spirit(if any in one's body) is the one that's forever living. The flesh itself turns to dust.

IOW-without the Holy Spirit, one has death.

Comment

• Originally posted by mfa0830 View Post
              I agree, Russ. It seems that this verse has become a stumbling block for a lot of Christians. I see so many plugging their ears with their fingers when anyone just mentions that we are in the season.

The blood moon scenario is a good example. There are a lot of folks who can look at the coincidences there (and I don't believe in coincidences), and say, "Hmmm... That deserves more study. What if?" And there are others who simply run from it, shunning any discussion at all, for fear that they may be date-setting, thus, denying any objectionable and serious study of the matter. Isn't that what we are admonished to do? Test it against the Word and verify it's veracity? I agree with the ban on specific date-setters, but, as one other member here stated, the events and signs seem to be date-setting themselves.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the discussions regarding the Steve Hadley sermon, Mark Blitz, etc. The theories should be tested and discussed, and judging by the voluminous responses, a lot of people are interested, curious, and searching for the truth in them. It seems to me that there should be a safe place where truth seeking believers should be able to go and discuss these theories with other Christians. It's hard for many to see the truth and/or deception in the latest and greatest theories without help from each other. It's a shame that those threads get shut down so quickly. A lot of us learned a lot in those discussions. Too bad there's not a forum for threads on these kinds of theories. Like a "speculation forum" with all the necessary legalese and disclaimers. Ugh...I'm off on a tangent, sorry.

My question is if He always revealed His actions beforehand to those who loved Him, often down to the day, why would He not give us the insight or knowledge to know the timing of His return for us? Maybe not the exact date (although the Rosh Hashanah theme fits the bill), but I believe we will know the season. I don't believe we will always be saying, "Is it in my lifetime? This year?" I think things will be speeding up and unfolding in such a way that we will no longer be asking each other about vague timing, but rather, "Is is this month? This week?"
              Well said, totally, you wrote exactly how I feel about this, except I could not write it so well.
              sigpic
              Coming Home

Comment

• Originally posted by Betty View Post
                Anyone who is saved has the Holy Spirit. We cannot even come to Christ unless the Holy Spirit convicts us.
                Even though movies and tv shows are just that...entertainment, does anyone else get bothered by all these movies and tv shows portraying ghosts roaming around the earth after they die?(i.e. "The Sixth Sense", "Unsolved Mysteries" segments, etc)

They've just made too many of them to the point where majority of the public believes all this.

Comment

• What bothers me more then ghost is how they always show all people going to Heaven.
                  betty

Comment

• Does being baptized in water (born-again) mean that you have the Holy Spirit in you?

Comment

Does being baptized in water (born-again) mean that you have the Holy Spirit in you?
                      water baptism? or spiritual baptism?

You receive the Holy Spirit at the point of salvation
                      others say there is an extra filling you can get
                      I think the most spirit filled is during a witnessing conversation with the lost

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

• Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

My preacher says we are born as a baby in water and in the Spirit when we get saved.
                        The water being that the water must break before the baby comes through the birth canal and the Holy Spirit brings us into a new birth with salvation.
                        Some people think that it means the gifts of the spirit, but the Bible makes it clear as Christians we all have different gifts. Like Paul says we all can't be an eye or a hand.
                        Hope this helps.
                        betty

Comment

• Originally posted by Betty View Post
                          Jhn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

My preacher says we are born as a baby in water and in the Spirit when we get saved.
                          The water being that the water must break before the baby comes through the birth canal and the Holy Spirit brings us into a new birth with salvation.
                          Some people think that it means the gifts of the spirit, but the Bible makes it clear as Christians we all have different gifts. Like Paul says we all can't be an eye or a hand.
                          Hope this helps.
                          betty
                          I've always viewed the "born in water as a baby" a weak explanation.
                          I've used the same explanation too
                          I think it has to do with the living water - the word and the gospel

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

I think so because the 5 virgins left behind were lacking oil or Holy Spirit. Also on judgement day they say Lord we did this and that in your Name and Jesus says depart from Me ...I never KNEW you.

Also God says in psalms 50 what right have you to preach my word seeing you throw my commandments behind your back. We can't be real Christians with out the Holy Spirit who guides us and leads us into all truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by metroames View Post
                              To me it makes sense that the rapture, as the harvest of the Church, will be in the fall. Three of the seven feasts that have not been fulfilled yet are in the fall. I believe there are some good arguments for the Feast of Trumpets (a two-day feast) to be fulfilled by the rapture. Now we don't have a clue on the year though! That said, many other Christians think it will be any time of the year or on Pentecost. So either only some of us can know the season or this verse is just about watching signs.
                              The only problem is which hemisphere's fall would we use? B/c when it is fall in the US, isn't it spring in, say, Australia? And vice versa? It has been awhile since I had the seasons lesson in school, so I might be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelion777 View Post
                                I've been pondering the passages in the bible in Matthew 24:32-41, where it states that no one knows the day or the hour of the coming of Jesus.
                                The statement: "no one knows the day nor the hour" is an idiom for Rosh Hashanah. This is because the only Jewish Feast day that begins on the first day of the month as the new moon appears is Rosh Hashanah.

In Jesus' day "no one knew the day nor the hour" of the new moon appearing, it had to be observed and reported by two witnesses to the High Priest of the temple before the blowing of the trumpet (Shofar) would announce the beginning of Rosh Hashanah.

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. Jeremiah 33:3
                                Last edited by gotham; August 21st, 2008, 11:50 PM. Reason: edit quote

Comment

Working...
                                X