Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a cool idea. Signed up for it for my time zone. Hope that we can get someone in every time zone.
    sigpic Born, Grew, Saved, Damaged, Ran, Married, Kids, Ran, Ran more, Got jarred, Came back, Served with Whole Being, Badly Damaged, RAN, RAN, RAN More, RAN HARD, Found His Love again, Here I am.

Comment

• I have seen Mark Blitz's eclipse and blood moon scenerio and it certainly is a reminder that we are to "watch." The idea of sounding the shofar to get God's attention, however, does not seem at all Biblical. First of all, is this to say that there are things that God does not know? Is this to say that our feeble attempts to "get His attention" would change His mind and/or timetable? I think not. God is sovereign above all. His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither can we know His ways for they are too wonderful for us. I fear that this fiasco will only cause an already mocking world to mock even more. We are to watch so that we will not be caught unprepared and we are to spread His Word to all the world so that they, too, may learn of His great love before it is too late.

Comment

• I tend agree with child of the King. We already have God's attention. He sacrificed His only begotten Son for the promise of our eternal salvation.

Comment

• Interesting.... On one hand, God usually accomplishes things through His people. So it is possible this will be the literal trumpet sound of the rapture BUT if we do not know the time or the hour how could it be that we as humans have control over the rapture by doing something like this?

This could be a good talking point with non-believers.

In my opinion, we need to be watchful and be ready every day - Sept 29, 2008 is also one of those days.

Comment

• I tend to see this as showing that GOD has our attention rather than - us trying to get GODs attention.

I intend to participate - I want to let my LORD and Savior that I am anxiously awaiting his return.

I know that he already knows this but I will with the words of my mouth acknowledge him as my Savior!

Comment

• Originally posted by lgforan View Post
              I tend to see this as showing that GOD has our attention rather than - us trying to get GODs attention.

I intend to participate - I want to let my LORD and Savior that I am anxiously awaiting his return.

I know that he already knows this but I will with the words of my mouth acknowledge him as my Savior!
              That's how I feel. We aren't getting God's attention, we are showing that He has ours.

Comment

• Nowhere is Mark saying we are trying to get God's attention. That is a twist of words. He said we are announcing we are awake.

Comment

• I don't think we're supposed to be looking at moon phases or biblical holidays. There is mention in the bible of people looking at the sky in the morning or at night to determine the weather, but God is God over all. When Jesus told us to be watchful, He didn't mention the sky or its contents. I just don't buy into the full moon quarter moon new moon thing. Sounds too Myan. I will be awaiting His return. I am willing to bang a pan in recognition of that before men. As a public profession to others who are not God fearing and watching that there are MANY of us awaiting. But then again, what would that do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Free in Christ View Post
                    Interesting.... On one hand, God usually accomplishes things through His people. So it is possible this will be the literal trumpet sound of the rapture BUT if we do not know the time or the hour how could it be that we as humans have control over the rapture by doing something like this?

In my opinion, we need to be watchful and be ready every day - Sept 29, 2008 is also one of those days.
                    This doesn't hit me right (the whole moon scenario didn't hit me right either, God doesn't necessarily need to use cycled events, it will have a greater impact on those left behind that the sun goes dark and the moon turns to blood as an unscheduled event.)....I have a shofar but will be passing on this event.

I think now we won't be going on sept 29th.....God says we won't know the day or the hour.
                    I think we assure we won't be going on a particular day by always saying it could be this day or that, this feast or that....I think God will deliberately make it a day we won't be guessing and hoping for, otherwise the scriptures will be untrue.....
                    I know we are in the season and that's good enough for me. God will come when He is ready and I'll be ready whenever that time happens to be.

see you on the board on sept 30th!
                    Last edited by dramama; July 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by saint-in-training View Post
                      I don't think we're supposed to be looking at moon phases or biblical holidays. There is mention in the bible of people looking at the sky in the morning or at night to determine the weather, but God is God over all. When Jesus told us to be watchful, He didn't mention the sky or its contents. I just don't buy into the full moon quarter moon new moon thing. Sounds too Myan. I will be awaiting His return. I am willing to bang a pan in recognition of that before men. As a public profession to others who are not God fearing and watching that there are MANY of us awaiting. But then again, what would that do?
                      In Revelation it says there will be signs in the heavens. Sorry I don't have the ref. right now, maybe someone can help me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Free in Christ View Post
                        Interesting.... On one hand, God usually accomplishes things through His people. So it is possible this will be the literal trumpet sound of the rapture BUT if we do not know the time or the hour how could it be that we as humans have control over the rapture by doing something like this?

How cool would it be to be Raptured during this?

Comment

• Originally posted by JABowman View Post
                          In Revelation it says there will be signs in the heavens. Sorry I don't have the ref. right now, maybe someone can help me out.
                          yes, regarding the second coming...doesn't mean God will be using cycled events......

Comment

• Originally posted by JenGC View Post

That would be sweet!

Comment

• Originally posted by JenGC View Post
                              Scripture says it's the trump of God and the voice of an angel that signals the rapture...not a bunch of humans blowing their shofars......

Comment

• Originally posted by dramama View Post
                                Scripture says it's the trump of God and the voice of an angel that signals the rapture...not a bunch of humans blowing their shofars......
                                It doesn't say anywhere in the article that this is going to signal the rapture. It doesn't even talk about the rapture.

Comment

Working...
                                X