No announcement yet.

Lull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U r not alone in being under attack by doubting your salvation. I had a nightmare that I woke up as usual husband in the shower got up went outside came in made a coffee sat down to turn on the news and as usual go in the kids rooms to check on them. Only this time they were gone. No where to be found. My heart sank. I burst into tears. Ran in our room and went nuts cuz I knew what we were in for. Dh told me to call police told him wouldn't do any good. Told him to call his friend to c if their babies were there and their kids were gone too. Frightened me so much. I actually got up to make sure it was just a dream of course it was. I prayed and prayed and prayed for peace I was finally able to with Gods help control my anxieties and thoughts and fall fast asleep. It's as a parent something I will never forget.

Comment

I think this present time is anything but a "lull." An explosion of chaos is more like it. Everyday the headlines just get wilder and wilder with more civil unrest, natural disasters, civil war, terrorism, and economic crisis.

Bedlam would be a better description, and this is exactly why the economy is so bad... because the world is currently facing mounting uncertainties, disasters, and strife.

Very exciting times we live in!

Comment

Lull????????

Five years ago we would have been freaking out but now it's a lull?

We sure are spoiled. (In a positive outcome way that is)

Let's take a moment and reflect on today as opposed to the year 2000.

Jeff

Comment

I too have been concerned lately about being left behind and not doing enough until I recalled that it has nothing to do with works. While reading in Romans last night it was all explained to me again, Romans 10: 6-12 or basically all of 10. We must be reminded that it all has to do with believing with all of our heart that Jesus died for us all.

Comment

Yeah, I worry sometimes about being left behind, too. The fact is, while I love Jesus and believe he died for my salvation, it seems too easy. KWIM? I think that's the hardest thing about being a Christian... there is nothing you can DO beyond accepting Jesus's sacrifice in exchange for your salvation. Other religions you have to follow specific rules (like wearing a head skarf) or perform works for your salvation... with being a Christian, you just have to love Christ.

About the lull... keep in mind we don't hear about a lot of what is going on in the world. Look at the persecution of Christians in Egypt right now. Look at the persecution of Christians that is really beginning to take root in much of the world. So, while it feels like a lull, in reality, the next contraction is starting to build. I agree, they are coming closer and closer together.

I think the thing that is so interesting to me is it seems like there is just this pervading darkness right now and more and more people's hearts are hardening towards Christ. It makes me sad, but at the same time, that, in and of itself, is prophetically significant.
            "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment." (Matthew 22:37-38)

Comment

Its like before a Storm Comes, sometimes it gets very Quiet..and Those STORMS end up being the wildest rides...

Stay Prepared...and Keep the Eyes Turned to the Heavens...

Comment

Yes, I agree with you all, It feels like a lull. As far as being suprised, yes I suppose there will be many christians suprised, and not ready... However I have a just a teensie hunch people following this board will not be suprised. We are ready, waiting, eager, maybe a little impatient, excited, nervous, anticipating. All of a sudden WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS Immediately we will cheer, shout, sing, be overwhelmed with all kinds of wonderful emotions, say things like "I told you so" "I knew it" "This is it" "Its really happening.

WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty066 View Post
                  Yes, I agree with you all, It feels like a lull. As far as being suprised, yes I suppose there will be many christians suprised, and not ready... However I have a just a teensie hunch people following this board will not be suprised. We are ready, waiting, eager, maybe a little impatient, excited, nervous, anticipating. All of a sudden WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS Immediately we will cheer, shout, sing, be overwhelmed with all kinds of wonderful emotions, say things like "I told you so" "I knew it" "This is it" "Its really happening.

WHAT A DAY THAT WILL BE!!!

I have said that to my son, when Jesus does come and we are wisked away I will be saying, I told you He was coming!!

Comment

It's a good thing that I wont be afraid of heights anymore..........during the flight

Comment

Originally posted by nanefy View Post
                      This is so bizarre, I have been feeling that way for the past few weeks or so and wondered if it was just me. Can I ask though, if anyone else, although sure of their salvation, has worries that they would be left behind? I am terrified of being left behind to the point that it makes me sick to my stomach. I just never feel like I'm doing enough or being good enough - things are made worse when you can see all that is going on around us and it feels like the rapture could just be at any minute!

Remember, its not about what WE do, its about what Jesus did!
                      Fully accept Gods grace

Comment

Originally posted by LetItBeSoon View Post
                        Remember, its not about what WE do, its about what Jesus did!
                        Fully accept Gods grace
                        100% Agree. It does seem like some stuff has quieted down lately.
                        Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
                        Coming again coming again maybe morning maybe noon maybe evening and maybe soon!
                        Coming again coming again O what a wonderful day it will be! Jesus is coming again!

Comment

Originally posted by dleader View Post
                          100% Agree. It does seem like some stuff has quieted down lately.
                          And yet, there's no telling what's going on that we can't even see. The spiritual world is probably abuzz with activity, plus the possibility of back-room stuff going on in this world that we can't yet imagine.

Even a calm sea has fish swimming, unseen, under the surface.
                          "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

If Iran had been successful in its attack plot, would we be talking about a lull?

I am very glad we intercepted this plot at the outset... Though we all know there is always a backup plan... Lets pray for the safety of Israel and our own citizens during these times...
                            The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me.... Living for Jesus - Listening for the Trumpet

Comment

I tend to agree that this Iranian plot is an act of war, especially in view of Iran's previous and frequent promises to rid the world of this nation, as well as Israel. If we had a strong Pres it would likely result in the U.S. taking preemptive military strike to destroy Iran's nuclear plants. However, it seems that God has given us this weak Pres for a reason, and that IMO is to keep the U.S. out of overt acts of war against Israel's enemies, and perhaps to keep this nation propped up a little longer.
                              From our geographical perspective it seems there is a lull, but I'm guessing that if we lived in Israel we would think we were in the path of a tornado. While in some ways events seem to be slower, time itself seems to be moving faster, almost at break-neck speed. A week passes in a flash. Do you realize we are in the last quarter of 2011 already?
                              Ph 3:15 (paraphrased):...And if on some point you and I think differently, that too God will make clear to us. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Comment

From what I've been hearing, Israel has been given the green light to hit Iran, sometime within the next few weeks. Whether or not it happens, things are coming to a boil over in the ME, with Bashir Assad/Syria, more fighting in Libya, Egyptian warplanes flying over Sinai, provoking Israel, Saudi's want something done about Iran, Iran saying the terror plot was a lie, we're saying it was an act of war - war drums really seem to be beating loudly now. Plus on the heels of that, the global economy seems even more fragile, with Greece on the verge of defaulting. That could be the domino that really gets everything tumbling.

If war (like WW 3) really does come to the ME/Iran, Iran will close off petroleum shipments, and gas prices will skyrocket, further damaging our economy. Also don't forget, I believe that Iran transferred rockets to Venezuela within the past year or so, rockets that can reach the US. If things really go south with the economy and possibly Iran, no telling what measures what Obama will take or not take - would he actually defend us or would just head to the Denver Airport and begin martial law?

Yes, there may be this perceived lull, but I believe things are really seething just below the surface, things that we can't always see. The last part of 20011 may really be incredible, and hopefully, will be our time to fly outta here!

Comment

Working...
                                X