This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yom Kippur and the Rapture?

Why do some say that the rapture may occur on or near Yom Kippur?

Because they've been taught wrong and/or because they don't believe what Jesus said that no one knows/can know the time of the Rapture.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Because they think they know more than our Savior, Jesus Christ, who said not even He knows but only the Father.

Comment

Some people are really obsessed with the idea that Israel's feast schedule has to predict the rapture

It's not any more biblical than using the NBA playoff bracket to predict the rapture, but some people are still convinced.
        For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

They think Jesus somehow lied when He said that no one knows the time or the day of His return for His Bride.

Comment

Hey, I'll take His return on Yom Kippur. I'll take His return the next day, or the day after that. I'll take it right now, if He pleases.
            "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." - 1 Corinthians 15:26

Comment

I agree, that no one knows the day or the hour of the rapture. Only the Father in Heaven knows when this will be.

< mod edit >

Jesus will come, when the Father tells him it is time, and not a second before. It could be before the day is over, could be tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. I am praying it won't be any longer than that, but Thy will be done.

Comment

Many people wants to be off this rock!! So they are looking for any sign for his return....

Comment

Because there is a blowing of the shofar on Yom Kippur that is referred to as "the final trump".
                  The Road To New Jerusalem

Comment

Originally posted by scott00049 View Post
                    Because there is a blowing of the shofar on Yom Kippur that is referred to as "the final trump".
                    Oh, I thought that there was the "final trump" in the Feast of Trumpets, that is Rosh Hashana. That's what everyone kept talking about, anyway. I wonder, don't Jews blow the trumpets at every Feast celebration?
                    “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children.
                    Hebrews 12:5,6,7

Comment

Originally posted by picassoface View Post
                      Why do some say that the rapture may occur on or near Yom Kippur?

As other have said already because some ignore the Bible's clear teaching of the rapture doesn't have any event or sign attached to it and that the Bible also says we cannot know when it will happen.

Some are so desparate to think that it will be soon they latch onto anything in hope that is will trigger Jesus coming to take us away from this world. The Jewish Feasts or Celebrations are a popular because Jesus first coming co-incided with the Spring Feasts. The theory is that the End Times prophecies will be fulfilled along with the Jewish Fall feasts/celebrations.

I hope this answers your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
                        As other have said already because some ignore the Bible's clear teaching of the rapture doesn't have any event or sign attached to it and that the Bible also says we cannot know when it will happen.

Some are so desperate to think that it will be soon they latch onto anything in hope that is will trigger Jesus coming to take us away from this world. The Jewish Feasts or Celebrations are a popular because Jesus first coming coincided with the Spring Feasts. The theory is that the End Times prophecies will be fulfilled along with the Jewish Fall feasts/celebrations.
                        I hope this answers your question.
                        This theory may in fact prove to be true, but until the rapture actually occurs, it remains a 'signless' event, as you and others have posted. Since during the tribulation, there will be 12,000 young Jewish men preaching the gospel at that time, I have wondered this: If the rapture does occur during one of the Jewish feasts, would they then point to that to show how the church just left the earth and explain how it related to that particular feast? I don't know. Much of the effort during tribulation will be focused on Jews, but not exclusively the way I understand it.
                        Anyway, just a thought, not a 'prediction' of any kind.
                        sigpic
                        -Lynn

Comment

All the salient points that could be made here have been made.

People, let us stop right now.
                          sigpic
                          Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

This theory may in fact prove to be true, but until the rapture actually occurs, it remains a 'signless' event, as you and others have posted. Since during the tribulation, there will be 12,000 young Jewish men preaching the gospel at that time, I have wondered this: If the rapture does occur during one of the Jewish feasts, would they then point to that to show how the church just left the earth and explain how it related to that particular feast? I don't know. Much of the effort during tribulation will be focused on Jews, but not exclusively the way I understand it.
                            Anyway, just a thought, not a 'prediction' of any kind.
                            If the Rapture (a Bride event, not an Israel event) must happen on a feast day, then it's no longer a signless, imminent event, the sign is a scheduled feast day and yearly we must wait for those.

It doesn't help to speculate on the reasons why we think it may be a good idea for the Rapture to happen on a feast day. It is a signless, imminent event. We don't have to wait until next Rosh HaShanah or Yom Kippur, it could certainly happen on any day before then.
                            "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Working...
                            X