A Signless Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnlyHIM! View Post
    It reminds me of taking the family on a long trip and we are almost there and we have played with all the new cool trip toys mom packed for the ride already and we just want to get to our destination!
    Interesting analogy, and describes exactly how I feel. While I have greatly appreciated and been thankful for the many blessings that God has given me in this world, big and small, I feel as though my grip on those things has been loosened to the point where they no longer tie me to this place. I would gladly let them all go right this minute and move on to things that are far better.
    sigpic Hey, Dad......ARE WE THERE YET?

Comment

What do you think of this ?

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
      Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

I was just taught that as in Noah's day the righteous were taken, Noah and his family were given safety on the Ark from God's Judgment. But it will be reversed during the tribulation period when those taken will be taken for judgment, and those left on the earth will be the Lord's who are not under judgment who will live into the Millennium.
      I never heard this before, in fact the person teaching said that this particular verse is so often misinterpreted as a rapture verse ,but that it should be looked at in the full context .

Comment

Iruntherace...

Here's what I heard about the Noah-Lot resemblance: Noah is like Israel, kept through the flood ... Lot is like the church, taken out before the judgment of Sodom.

As to the "signlessness" of the event, it appears to me that it is so close time-wise to the tribulation that the signs of the tribulation serve as signs of the rapture soon coming.

skypair

Comment

Originally posted by skypair View Post
          Iruntherace...

Here's what I heard about the Noah-Lot resemblance: Noah is like Israel, kept through the flood ... Lot is like the church, taken out before the judgment of Sodom.

As to the "signlessness" of the event, it appears to me that it is so close time-wise to the tribulation that the signs of the tribulation serve as signs of the rapture soon coming.

skypair
          ^ THIS ^ Makes perfect sense!

Comment

its advancing closer day by day. with the protests and the deaths of qhaddaffi and bin laden, hussein, obama election, etc and the saudi prince dying, sets up the stage for weak leaders to willingly submit to the AC. bin laden, hussein, ghadafi, etc would have NEVER submitted to the AC
            The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Comment

Working...
            X