Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the Rapture and the internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
    It is weird to think that after the Rapture this forum will be empty of posters.
    Sadly, there will be some posters here. Not everyone here is a believer.
    "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b


    Jesus + something = nothing

    Jesus + nothing = Everything

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
      We are sure now the rapture is during Obama?

      Biblical information will always be in abundance but the lost will be under a grand delusion.

      Just ask the next troll here if s/he believes our threads.
      I was just going to ask the same thing. Even if it is during Obama, why would he try to shut off the Internet? Obama isn't the AC. There won't be any motivation for Obama to do that
      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
        I was just going to ask the same thing. Even if it is during Obama, why would he try to shut off the Internet? Obama isn't the AC. There won't be any motivation for Obama to do that
        Whoever is POTUS when the rapture happens, (or whoever becomes POTUS after the rapture if we have a Christian in the WH) will have their hands full for sure. I think the internet will be an afterthought. ( Although wasn't Obama trying to establish some kind of executive authority to control the internet "in time of crisis"?)
        sigpic
        Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

        John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

        Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.


        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
          Whoever is POTUS when the rapture happens, (or whoever becomes POTUS after the rapture if we have a Christian in the WH) will have their hands full for sure. I think the internet will be an afterthought. (:scratch Although wasn't Obama trying to establish some kind of executive authority to control the internet "in time of crisis"?)
          Now that you mention it, I do remember something like that
          For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
            The internet itself may not be shut down, but I don't think it's a stretch to imagine that information will be tightly controlled. Kind of like censorship on steroids. Ham radio and CB may be the last vestiges of free speech and even that will come under scrutiny eventually, and, may even be sought out if deemed to be "subversive".
            Ever hear of Internet2? I can see something like this being used by the goverment for exclusive
            communications where only members have access. It seems somewhat benign in it's present form
            but we all know how systems, etc, get 'commandeered' during times of crisis. Here's a link to the
            Internet2 homepage. You can browse the site from there.
            http://www.internet2.edu/
            Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
              If the Rapture happens soon and millions of people vanish and Obama doesn't have an explanation right away (because I think he is clueless to end time prophecy)...do you think he will panic and shut the internet down?

              Do you think the internet will crash if Obama doesn't shut it down by over use by the masses. Is that possible? I don't know much about technology. When I think about it, maybe the use won't be as much as I think when millions of people that are gone won't be using it.

              I really want the people that are left behind to be able to obtain all the "What's next"? information that is online after the Rapture.

              When Hurricane Irene was coming up the East Coast I went out for D batteries (about 4 days before it was suppose to hit my area) and there was not any to be found! I was happy I already had some on hand, I was just adding extras to the stash. As I was looking at the empty shelves I started to think right then if this will be the case with Bibles soon after the Rapture. Will the people that heard the message but refuted it, now think "oh, maybe they were right" and run out to find a Bible and soon they will all be gone or will more people buy into a lie that the Pope or someone else is spreading around like wildfire.

              If the internet stays on, at least there are many Bibles online for those that want them and so much more information too.

              It is weird to think that after the Rapture this forum will be empty of posters. But what a wealth of information will remain. :-)

              Back to my main question, do you think Obama will turn the internet off for whatever reason?
              I didn't read all of the replies, so if I'm repeating what someone else has said, I apologize in advance.
              I do think that the Internet will be shut down and "purged" of it's content, and then later it will be "turned on" again and will only contain sites that are approved by the Antichrist & False Prophet and their minions.
              After the web is back on, I think that the Internet will be available to anyone to access, but all it's content will be tightly controlled (propaganda) by the AC, et al.
              I DON'T think that it will be Obama that does this. To think that BHO will have control over anything on a global scale after the Rapture and the rise of the AC, is giving him to much credit, IMHO.

              Comment


              • #22
                i suspect this may happen indeed.i have a scrapbook on the drives in 3 different computers with prophecy MP3's,videos,PDF flow charts and articles and so on and a letter explaining what happened.i encourage any Biblical Christian to do the same as i believe truth will be a rare commodity after the Rapture and satan is already preparing his lies.he indeed has a short time,especially when he is cast out of Heaven and falls to the earth.my scrapbook is 25 Gigs and growing.tons of stuff from Jack Kelly,Hal Lindsey,Paul Washer and others telling about the wrath of God which is falling upon the earth,salvation and Christian living,just tons of stuff and i have these copied to several computers.the Bible does seem to indicate a great bunch of people will be saved but a very high probability they will be killed for their faith,i pray they remain strong and boldly proclaim the Gospel under ANY circumstance,even if they will possibly die for it.
                In God I Trust

                Comment


                • #23
                  i think after the Rapture that the internet might well be completely censored but it will have no effect whatsoever of the spreading of the Gospel.

                  there will be 144,000 Jewish missionaries preaching along with an angel flying nonstop around the world proclaiming the "everlasting gospel". (Revelation 14:6)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Steve53 View Post
                    Whoever is POTUS when the rapture happens, (or whoever becomes POTUS after the rapture if we have a Christian in the WH) will have their hands full for sure. I think the internet will be an afterthought. ( Although wasn't Obama trying to establish some kind of executive authority to control the internet "in time of crisis"?)

                    Yes, very soon after Egypt's government shut down the internet, news started coming out about the US introducing a bill that could be used to shut down the internet. The legislation, which would grant Obama or current president powers to seize control of and even shut down the internet. There hasnt been much news about it lately (at least not the sources I read) but it doesnt seem likely those for the bill would have just dropped it. Maybe they just ran into too much resistance over it and trying to come up with a more clever way to "sell it".

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
                      Sadly, there will be some posters here. Not everyone here is a believer.
                      It is a good thing non-believers are reading sites like this one. Faith comes through hearing and hearing through the word of God. Scripture is posted on here from time to time and often referenced.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bowhunter View Post
                        I didn't read all of the replies, so if I'm repeating what someone else has said, I apologize in advance.
                        I do think that the Internet will be shut down and "purged" of it's content, and then later it will be "turned on" again and will only contain sites that are approved by the Antichrist & False Prophet and their minions.
                        After the web is back on, I think that the Internet will be available to anyone to access, but all it's content will be tightly controlled (propaganda) by the AC, et al.
                        I DON'T think that it will be Obama that does this. To think that BHO will have control over anything on a global scale after the Rapture and the rise of the AC, is giving him to much credit, IMHO.
                        agreed it is going to be 20 lbs of ugly in a 5 lb box.obama is receiving way too much credit,even though he is so arrogant he thinks he has that much pull.i am so ashamed of obama that he is POTUS.i am hoping he will be long gone,after all we had to go through Carter to get Regan,perhaps our last real POTUS to date.
                        In God I Trust

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Don't believe it will be President Obama but the OWG/Governments will be involved - Do believe that the Internet will be affected by the AC/OWG purging of Christ's Word - Do believe that the Word of God will be reachable by unbelievers via the Two Witnesses, Angels in the Heavens, Copious amounts of Bibles and other Christian media left behind. Karen
                          1 John 3:23 ~ And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
                            As I was looking at the empty shelves I started to think right then if this will be the case with Bibles soon after the Rapture. Will the people that heard the message but refuted it, now think "oh, maybe they were right" and run out to find a Bible...
                            One reason I do the Bible handouts; and I have a case of New Testaments hiding in a closet.

                            The internet will be completely purged as soon as possible. God forbid people learn the truth.

                            However, if someone already has a Bible, they can read it.

                            Good reason to hand them out now!

                            I figure a very large proportion of "my" recipients - I'm just preloading them for after the Rapture. I do hope a few are getting saved now, but assume most of it's for later.

                            " I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

                            Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

                            Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

                            Matthew 22:9 NIV
                            'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’


                            I'm praying for you daily!
                            I get my Bibles here

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                              We are sure now the rapture is during Obama?
                              Oh yes, I already took that into consideration when I started this thread. That is why my first few words were "If the Rapture happens SOON.....

                              I might add that SOON according to God's timing could mean anytime, but soon according to Hugs timing is during "Obama".....

                              We don't want to go through another election on this forum. I remember when I started a thread the last presidential election and we all talked about our election experiences as they happened. People would post right after they voted. We were watching for "cheating", listening to conversations, observing the poll people, we had it all covered..or so we thought!
                              sigpic


                              Is Jesus your co-pilot? If so, then you better switch seats!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
                                Oh yes, I already took that into consideration when I started this thread. That is why my first few words were "If the Rapture happens SOON.....

                                I might add that SOON according to God's timing could mean anytime, but soon according to Hugs timing is during "Obama".....

                                We don't want to go through another election on this forum. I remember when I started a thread the last presidential election and we all talked about our election experiences as they happened. People would post right after they voted. We were watching for "cheating", listening to conversations, observing the poll people, we had it all covered..or so we thought!
                                Oops sorry, I am wrong here. It WASN'T the Presidential election, it was in 2010! And we did succeed in overthrowing the House but not the Senate.

                                Sometimes I wonder about me. I can't keep anything straight! I am always confused.
                                sigpic


                                Is Jesus your co-pilot? If so, then you better switch seats!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X